FOH Inaugural MtG Arena Tournament -3/11- Winner: Kiroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_02

do we post our decks and sideboard at the beginning of the match on the discord?

Maybe to avoid people having flexible sideboards.

So is one deck one sideboard for the whole thing.

Sterling

El Presidente
you've got a week, can maybe put together something decent by then? PlayRavnica and PlayAllegiace codes for 6 free packs, $5 started pack, a free deck every day for your first week, and i'd toss ya a pre-release kit code for a free Ravnica Allegiance draft that you might net some good cards from.
Not sure I'll make this event but I'm going to fire up an account. I'll take that prerelease code if you got it though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
@a_skeleton_02

do we post our decks and sideboard at the beginning of the match on the discord?

Maybe to avoid people having flexible sideboards.

So is one deck one sideboard for the whole thing.

With Best of Three challenges you cannot edit your sideboard with out leaving and restarting the challenge so unless you know ahead of time you cannot game your sideboard for your match.

So the best bet is to not share your list before the tournament and unless a prior opponent scouts you then no one will know what you are playing until it's too late.

I would love to do a write up with everyone's decklist at the end of the tournament though so once it's over send me your deck list and I'll add it to the "FOH Meta"

Also anyone seen Mist Mist she needs to play I'd say she would be the favorite if she did.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I work a crazy schedule, this is going to be hard for me to make.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
With Best of Three challenges you cannot edit your sideboard with out leaving and restarting the challenge so unless you know ahead of time you cannot game your sideboard for your match.

So the best bet is to not share your list before the tournament and unless a prior opponent scouts you then no one will know what you are playing until it's too late.

I would love to do a write up with everyone's decklist at the end of the tournament though so once it's over send me your deck list and I'll add it to the "FOH Meta"

Also anyone seen Mist Mist she needs to play I'd say she would be the favorite if she did.
cool, i thought it was a 3 Best of ones like 2 months ago.

Glad they implemented that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

So we can change decks / sideboards between heats? I figured it was sign up with a deck and that's what you get the whole tourny

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So we can change decks / sideboards between heats? I figured it was sign up with a deck and that's what you get the whole tourny

No you cannot, you will pick one deck sideboard and keep it. It's an honor system so if I post your decklist at the end and you get called out I'll yell at you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No you cannot, you will pick one deck sideboard and keep it. It's an honor system so if I post your decklist at the end and you get called out I'll yell at you.

good that's what I thought, 1 deck start to finish no changing nothing.

I'm wondering if we should have a neutral party we all submit our decklists to in the beginning? maybe mist if she's pretending to not have time so not gonna play

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
good that's what I thought, 1 deck start to finish no changing nothing.

I'm wondering if we should have a neutral party we all submit our decklists to in the beginning? maybe mist if she's pretending to not have time so not gonna play

Well if we have a good amount of people and it's an even number I won't be playing. If there is a bye I'll play to even it out.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
hey so how many you folks gonna be rolling in with a t1 deck? I'm trying to decide if a fun deck or competitive deck is more appropriate.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hey so how many you folks gonna be rolling in with a t1 deck? I'm trying to decide if a fun deck or competitive deck is more appropriate.

i'm basing my deck on a rogue deck that placed fairly well at the Cleveland Mythic Championship. was only a few people playing it tho, so IDK if you can call it T1. and i'm adding a color to it. and i probably suck compared to the guy playing the original.

Szlia

The title of this thread confused the heck out of me.....

FOH Inaugural Magic
The Gathering Arena Open 3/11

That is all.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
*cues drdisrespect music* should the TWO TIME arkansas state/regionals champion enter? Do you think you can handle my magnificence?

eh.. fuck it, Enzee#22070
i'll probably get mana screwed and lose first round of top8. Calling my shot!

Will we cut to a Top4 if there isn't enough for a top8? Like.. if we have 9-10 people, cutting to a top8 is a little weird. FNMs often do it, but still.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Got a sign up from G Glendariel

Servox#58049

That makes 10 sign ups so far, remember I need your mtga name with the #12345 after it to sign you up.

With 10 sign ups means we will be doing a top 4 as well.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, I know the plan is to use an honor system with decklists.. But, someone could theoretically change the # of copies of a card in main/side without getting caught. Like, maybe they use 3 negate 2 disdainful stroke in the SB for one match, but 2 negate/3disdainful in another. Unless they draw and play all 3 copies of a certain card, AND the person they played remembers it, AND tells someone or sees the decklist later.. someone could still get away with cheating pretty easily.

Is there no one we can submit decklists to, just to make sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.