FOH Inaugural MtG Arena Tournament -3/11- Winner: Kiroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So, I know the plan is to use an honor system with decklists.. But, someone could theoretically change the # of copies of a card in main/side without getting caught. Like, maybe they use 3 negate 2 disdainful stroke in the SB for one match, but 2 negate/3disdainful in another. Unless they draw and play all 3 copies of a certain card, AND the person they played remembers it, AND tells someone or sees the decklist later.. someone could still get away with cheating pretty easily.

Is there no one we can submit decklists to, just to make sure?

How does that matter in the first place? I can't deck check someone. If someone wants to add a third negate to their sideboard the chances of them getting caught are minimal, the opponent would have to remember every single card that was played against them then compared it to a list that was given at the start of the tournament.

Also, if you don't tell your opponent what you are playing ahead of time then how can you make a stacked sideboard agaisnt you?

It doesn't make sense.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
We're cutting to a top 4, that's built in scouting. So, you'll play against people you likely played in the swiss rounds. Potentially, someone can wait to even setup half their sideboard until the top4, make it based on the decks they saw, and then change it for later rounds if they didn't draw their sideboard cards. If a list has been submitted somewhere before, and would get posted after, that would severely limit what they could change without getting caught. It's still possible for someone to change a few cards, but it gets exponentially more complicated for them to keep track of without messing up. Alternatively, in the real competitive tournaments, people have the other decklists once you get to the top4/top8. It evens the playing field for those who were able to scout out others decks and those who weren't.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Welcome!

I am pleased to announce we are having our first FoH Magic Arena Open tournament! This tournament is open to all FoH members who have a MTGA account and can see this post!

What: Swiss round based tournament with possible top 8 cut depending on sign ups. Each round will be 72 hours long so you can find your opponent and finish a Best of 3 match. Winners will report in this thread and will be confirmed by their opponent.

When is it? Round one will start Monday the 11th at 7PM EST and last for 72 hours. Schedule a time for you to play with your opponent and report your record 2-0 2-1 etc with me via this thread. After a round ends the next round will start the following day at 7EST and repeat until we have a winner.

If both opponents cannot find a time to play and have exhausted multiple times to schedule a match then both users will receive a draw.

If one opponent is unwilling or unable to compete they will be issued a game loss.

What do I need? A free Magic Arena account, a standard legal Best of 3 deck with 15 card sideboard and access to the FoH discord for easy match finding(optional)

You will be unable to switch decks during the event. We will be using the honor system but people who cheat will be DQ'd

What do I win? a_skeleton_03 has graciously offered to design an FoH Mythic badge for our champion along with title displaying you as such. This honor also comes with Super Donating Status allowing access to a wide range of perks on the site.

How do I sign up? Post below with your MTGA name and I'll add you to the list. Sign ups end Sunday the 10th at 7EST.

Also please join the FoH Discord as it will be the main staging ground for the tournament.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Good Luck everyone!

pharmakos#99271
Kiroy#56536
Chysamere#35833
BigDirty#11672
lendarios#39655
Zzeris#06653
Tmac#04400
Enzee#22070
Servox#58049
Zardoz#60373
Cupcaek#62840
Cliodynamo #72562
Summer#00073
C0rocad#77147

Everyone Please Send Mist Mist a copy of your Deck list, She will be our Neutral third party arbiter in case of any fuckery.

Just Export and Paste it in a DM for her.

Last edited by a moderator:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
1552344050794.png

Round One Pairs are out. You have until Thursday 7EST To find your opponent play a BO3 Game using direct challenge and report back to me. Please if you have not sent a copy of your deck to Mist on the FOH forums do so. If you have any Questions on how this works, Or need help finding your Opponent please ask me and I will assist you. My username is C0rocad#77147 for whomever is matched to me. We have 14 Players so we will be doing 4 Rounds then a Top 4

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
People running real decks? I feel like I've hit the roadblock and stuck at gold on ranked constructed with a glorified precon.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
we are having some issues me and cup, anyone else having issues connecting?

fyi person A needs to direct challenge person B, and then person B needs to do the same process and direct challenge back for it to work

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Try using the discord challenge option if you can it has worked for me in the past.

direct challenge worked fine once we knew both people had to do the challenge to each other and there wasn't a waiting around to accept a challenge button that would appear.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Tmac and I had a great set of games with me coming out 2-0, We played a friendly afterwards and he smashed me.

I'm Missing for round 1

pharmakos#99271 vs Summer#00073
Click to enter result​
Enzee#22070 vs Zzeris#06653
Click to enter result​
BigDirty#11672 vs Zardoz#60373
Click to enter result​

Status
Not open for further replies.