Folger's Extravagant Swatch Thread

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
For a cat? Nah. Get a rescue.

I'm very fond of torties (Halloween cats). Not just cause they're pretty. They're almost always female, longer lived, and seem to be slightly above average in intelligence.

I don't have one right now, but it's mostly because I'm waiting to see if she comes back. I've had three in a row. She died last year, very sad. But I'll give her two. Well see. I might have caught her on #5 or she might find something else.

I'm legit a,little nutty about cats. Those shits are magic.
Prefer female or male cats? What age should I be looking to adopt? As young as possible?

iannis

Musty Nester
Female, younger is better. You'll have more influence in their personality. They'll bond more readily.

You do not want to put up with a cat in heat, so get her fixed. They can do that pretty much as soon as they're weaned.

Female cats hunt. Male ones fight. I mean both do both, but that's their predeliction. Tomcats can be fine too, but this idea that fixing them causes them to be docile is bullshit. A neutered male cat will still roam and hell still fight and he will still mark your walls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
It's official. Got my 5000 post trophy. Finally beat the game. Later taters.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Get an older cat who already has an established personality, imo.

• 1Solidarity

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
They understand posture better than speech. Prime rule with a cat is show, don't tell. With a dog you can tell.

Also, a cat might understand and still not give a fuck. They are independently minded critters.

I recall reading that cats aren’t even fully domesticated at least to the extent that dogs are. They’re like having half-wild animals that deign to live with us so long as we tithe amply of food and pets and toys.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
You could take most housecats and return them to the wild and they would manage to survive.

That's not entirely true for most breeds of dog. That seems like a fair metric for domestication of a predator, which they both are, and by it you'd have to say that cats are not as domesticated as dogs. Generally.

Some cats would starve to death fast, and some dogs would revert to wolves.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Am I the only one that thinks of this scene whenever they see this thread title?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I'm convinced. Gonna get a cat when I move in the next few weeks. Will post pix

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm convinced. Gonna get a cat when I move in the next few weeks. Will post pix
Scottish_Fold.jpg

<3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So decided that instead of investing in a cat I'm gonna give a tamagotchi a try first to see if I can handle the level of commitment.

In other news. Have any of you Bros ever dated a hot cosplay girl? How can I meet a hot cosplay girl if I'm not into cosplay?

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
iannis iannis you shave your cats? Love cats but cat hair is tiresome.gif. Thought about getting a sphynx but apparently you gotta bath and lube them twice a week or so.