For All Mankind

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, once again, reading the reddit sub for this show is like viral retardation. There's actually a number of people who feel like Mars is its own country and superpower now after last episode. As if everyone on Mars is now all together under one flag and they have any power to stop Earth from roflstomping them. I really don't know how anyone thinks a handful of seditious people constitutes a country. By that metric, a new country was formed from Jan 6 in the US. How are they going to get any resources needed to live when Earth controls it all? Where's the military? Earth nations wouldn't take over control of Helios?

Sometimes I think the people on this board are peak retards but it doesn't even come close to that levels of Idiocracy. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the show reaches similar levels of retardation in not holding anyone accountable for what they did.

Cybsled

Step 1: Asteroid
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Mars starts fucking with Earth and Belters and hosts the most advanced Navy in the system

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Holy shit, reading the Reddit sub for this is blowing my mind. It's like watching a car wreck. There's legitimately quite a few people who think, based on the events of this season, that Mars is now an independent entity and there's nothing Earth can do to stop them or Helios. Even though there are only a handful of people involved in the heist and Happy Valley was still controlled by people loyal to Earth. The riot was just a class thing and not Mars/Earth thing. Even though they have no fucking military (only the Earth loyal people have guns on Mars) and are not self-sufficient. Not to mention that all the helios operations and infrastructure on earth would surely be nationalized if they tried to support a Mars independence. Literally multiple people have said this was their Boston tea party moment.... WTF. Mars is little more than a Jamestown, not 1776. An utter cascade of stupidity and I can't look away.

Granted, the show is going to be utterly retarded in how they handle the fallout of this season, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's no legal/personal repercussions in any way for anyone involved.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, reading the Reddit sub for this is blowing my mind. It's like watching a car wreck. There's legitimately quite a few people who think, based on the events of this season, that Mars is now an independent entity and there's nothing Earth can do to stop them or Helios. Even though there are only a handful of people involved in the heist and Happy Valley was still controlled by people loyal to Earth. The riot was just a class thing and not Mars/Earth thing. Even though they have no fucking military (only the Earth loyal people have guns on Mars) and are not self-sufficient. Not to mention that all the helios operations and infrastructure on earth would surely be nationalized if they tried to support a Mars independence. Literally multiple people have said this was their Boston tea party moment.... WTF. Mars is little more than a Jamestown, not 1776. An utter cascade of stupidity and I can't look away.

Granted, the show is going to be utterly retarded in how they handle the fallout of this season, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's no legal/personal repercussions in any way for anyone involved.
Did you really post the same rant twice with different words?

Are you a bot?

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Did you really post the same rant twice with different words?

Are you a bot?
Yes.

Heh, I am posting about this on a TV specific forum as well and I totally thought I put my initial Reddit rant there, not here. Oh well, I'll just leave it here as a reinforcement of my incredulousness.

• 1Picard
  • 1Blown

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes.

Heh, I am posting about this on a TV specific forum as well and I totally thought I put my initial Reddit rant there, not here. Oh well, I'll just leave it here as a reinforcement of my incredulousness.

Why did you edit it for the other forum?

If you posted it there first and we're the back up chick then we are finished with you

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Can anyone interpret the politics of this other forum based on how dick altered his post for them?

I'm guessing they don't have a Chukzombi Chukzombi seeing as he left out peak retards

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyway whole season was terrible. The descent of Mars into a Marxist class struggle was handled about as clumsily as Anakin joining Palpatine

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Why did you edit it for the other forum?

If you posted it there first and we're the back up chick then we are finished with you
The other forum is more active for TV shows than this place. It's physical, not emotional, so don't worry, I'll always love FOH. They can have some pretty dumb opinions but it seems like most of them have turned on the show.

Can anyone interpret the politics of this other forum based on how dick altered his post for them?

I'm guessing they don't have a Chukzombi Chukzombi seeing as he left out peak retards

I didn't really alter my post for either, I just kept browsing Reddit and wanted to rant again because I was so triggered by the stupidity.

They don't really let unfettered political discussion go on unless it's central to the show (say, something like West Wing) and there's no off topic forums.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finale spoilers. I guess I'm mostly OK with it, but the ending was as weak as the balance of the season was.

- Everyone is watching Margo, she had no opportunity to send the reset command. Entire premise for that was pretty dumb.
- So the search for life and everything Ed's daughter was on this season for was completely abandoned after multiple 'hey, this shit over here looks promising' scenes. So she was only there just for the interpersonal conflict with her dad and a vehicle to get Dev there. Lame.
- It felt like they intended for Poole to die, and then went back on it and decided to have her make it to retirement instead
- This has to be the worst stinger for a fast forward yet. 'they built on the asteroid' - though the station on the asteroid w/ a Russian name could suggest something more ominous, seemingly named after a Russian Admiral, but probably just reinforcing that Russia continues their investment, compelled by the asteroid in orbit.
- Part of me is kind of happy this wasn't yet another traumatic ending, though getting through these 10 episodes was trauma enough in some respects.

Unlike the first 2 seasons, this was a very forgettable 10 episodes. If it gets a season 5 which comes close to redeeming itself it might even be worth skipping this decade.

Kuznetsov is the Russian dude that died at the start of the season

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They could have saved themselves some money and just made 2 episodes since that's all that would have mattered.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Definitely the weakest season but I was still entertained. I mean, no fags or lesbos this time, so that automatically gets a rating bump.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The season started so well too, pity about the rest of it.

Pet peeve - Aleda typed like 500 lines of code in 3 minutes, instead of obvious sabotage, a simple typo would stop the thing from working, and would be 100% explainable as an accident. If it failed to compile there wasn't enough time to type it again, let alone send it again given they were sending at 3 minutes after the absolute deadline for sending it in the first place.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Why did they remove Margos diplomatic immunity instead of just hauling her ass back to Russia.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Why didn't she just claim asylum, since there was a clear and obvious threat to her life and safety.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why didn't she just claim asylum, since there was a clear and obvious threat to her life and safety.
She's considered a traitor to the United States. I doubt they'd grant her asylum. The Soviet Union removed her immunity so the U.S. Government could then go after her.

But, I agree, I would've taken her back to Russia and let the KGB do their thing.