Forbes article got PEWPEWPEW'd off the internet

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Man I like Arby's and Wendy's. Food must be so damn good outside of Florida that I just can't understand.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Arby's and Wendy's are OK with me too. We don't have either one here. JBCs.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
My brother in law was a head manager for 25 years at McDonalds before moving to supervisor a franchise. He made 6 figures for over half of those years and got a company car as well as trips to Vegas every year where the company gave them cash to gamble with etc...
About 10 years ago, my friend who worked at A&W told me the manager got paid $40/hr and the assistant manager somewhere in the $20s/h. IIRC, he was doing payroll, so he knew how much everyone was making. Management in fast food is decent pay if you can get there.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
About 10 years ago, my friend who worked at A&W told me the manager got paid $40/hr and the assistant manager somewhere in the $20s/h. IIRC, he was doing payroll, so he knew how much everyone was making. Management in fast food is decent pay if you can get there.
Yup. Sounds right. My bud has been a manager at McDonald's for about 4 years now. This dude has been at this joint for over 17 years...They finally made him manager. He makes about 70k a year. Not bad money for a fast food joint.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They'd have to pay me that much or more to put up with the type of people that work at and eat at fast food chains...

Scaffa_sl

shitlord
There's a McD's in Cardiff which is rammed pretty much all day every day. It's like when you go to a supermarket on Christmas Eve and every till is busy - except non-stop.

However even though it's stupidly busy all the damn time the staff are always awesome, never got my order wrong and you're usually in and out the door in 5-6 minutes even at the busiest peak.

So that McDonalds, I think the staff have earned a bit more money per hour than your average drive thru which serves maybe 10 people an hour in the middle of the day.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
In Soviet Canuckistan, even with minimum wage around $10/hr, we can't find people to work at our fast food restaurants. So we import them en masse from the Phillipines and such.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/24/w...elp-from-afar/

Industries facing a chronic lack of workers say most companies are already using the program the way it was intended. The roughly two per cent of the 1.1 million restaurant jobs in Canada filled by temporary foreign workers are concentrated in the Prairies, where the lure of the oil sands has peeled unskilled staff from other employers, according to the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association. (Alberta's unemployment rate is just 4.4 per cent.) "In Ontario, virtually none of our members are using the program," says Garth Whyte, association president. "But there was a major hotel in Alberta who phoned us almost in tears because a big oil company just snatched up 40 of their employees."
That's two percent across Canada. At Tim Horton's in Alberta, it's roughly 99%.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a McD's in Cardiff which is rammed pretty much all day every day. It's like when you go to a supermarket on Christmas Eve and every till is busy - except non-stop.

However even though it's stupidly busy all the damn time the staff are always awesome, never got my order wrong and you're usually in and out the door in 5-6 minutes even at the busiest peak.

So that McDonalds, I think the staff have earned a bit more money per hour than your average drive thru which serves maybe 10 people an hour in the middle of the day.
You're lucky, I could go to the McDonalds near my house at 1am, when I'm the only non-employee there, and they would get my entire order wrong.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Up here in Soviet Canuckistan it sits at around $10/hr in most provinces, and seems to work fine.
This my friends is a prime example of how all you need is a strong work ethic and willingness to work hard to make money. Education and thorough understanding of economics and finance clearly have no relationship with the level of success one can expect in their career and wealth attainment.

If $10 is good, why not $15? If $15 is good, why not $50? Fuck it, we can feed the whole WORLD if we make $100/hr minimum wage. No more concerns about health care, the rising cost of energy, or homelessness!

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How much would a Big Mac cost if all the illegals picking crops quit there sub minimum wages jobs picking crops and went to work at a fast food restaurant for $15 dollars a hour instead?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you need proof of citizenship to get a job working fast food, so, who gives a fuck?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it really that simple? The IRS won't be the least bit curious as to why Jim Bob is work two totally unrelated jobs but only filing a return for the one he's actually working?

Also, it's been a while, but I think you need one other document for proof of citizenship. SS card + driver's license, military ID, whatever.