Forbes article got PEWPEWPEW'd off the internet

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seriously you work at McDonald's you dont deserve 15 an hour. When you ask some one if you want fries with that. It means minimum wage

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone who eats big Macs makes minimum wage so assuming they don't go up more than approx $14 it'll still be better for the helpless retard masses to increase it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The issue is that people believing there is or should be a "career" in the fast food industry without being in management. People want to live their life working 40 hours a week as a McDonald's cook and retire 40 years later without learning any additional skills or education.

If that's the current American dream, there is a serious fundamental flaw in society.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For some people that is maximum capacity and that's fine as long as they're competent. You have to get min wage above welfare or all the serfs just slum their way through. The issue is entirely more complicated than if you're going to increase the cost of a big Mac.

If you get people motivated, off welfare, and working then they're inherently going to create wealth. If you want to herp out chicken egg analogies on who goes bankrupt first the business or the big Mac buyers that's fine but I bet if they actually do raise it it'll work itself out just like every other catastrophic topic of month in the last 8 years

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Bill clinton was the one talking about making a service based post industrial economy, what the fuck did people think it would be like, manufacturing jobs are the best kind ot create middle class wealth, and all those jobs are leaving do to signing free trade agreements with countries that have no minimum wage laws, their avg standard of living is lower, they pay little to no taxes and the companies don't have to pay health insurance, what the fuck did people honestly think would happen.

Almost all the arguments and points Ross Perot argued came true, conversely Al Gore looks like a retarded shit stick for his positions in retrospect. These agreements are sucking the middle class jobs out of the economy, it's just simply cheaper to produce outside the country than inside given those arrangements. This is causing more people to work at places like mcdonalds at 40* instead of it being an intro level job for a teenager like it should be.

*The average McDonald?s employee is 7.5 years older than she was in 2000

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like apparently Canada, minimum wage is $10 in the UK. McDonalds is apparently profitable enough with that level of wage to be like a plague.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I'm seriously baffled that any bread winner would go to McD for a "real" job. That shit is for students and retirees working part time to keep busy. It's depressing when you see a manager: poor sob is still in that shitty outfit after all this time, but at least he almost makes an adult wage. But an actual 30-40yo flipping burgers? Holy shit.

Xentrix_sl

shitlord
Why is the discussion centering around $15/hour anyways? Just because it's a neat rough doubling of the current one? Up here in Soviet Canuckistan it sits at around $10/hr in most provinces, and seems to work fine.

Besides, aren't there states and cities with minimum wages that approach $10/hr? Has there been any comparisons done on what fast food, or other retail goods cost vs. states with only the Federal minimum?
Here in NYC, it's about $7.25 across the board for minimum wage and a lot of people will take it despite having degrees and being overqualified solely because some jobs are just not available. But with the recent creeping of increases to public transportation costing about $2.50 per ride or $115/monthly and rent for an average apartment at around $800/mo for a closet. It's starting to become unrealisticly affordable to live here. Did I mention that in Midtown they charge $3 for a bottle of water?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
People judge people for working at mcdonalds, people stop applying for jobs at mcdonalds, mcdonalds runs out of people to run mcdonalds, mcdonalds raises pay so they can keep making money.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Minimum skills = minimum pay. It's easier and quicker to just get someone else and take the 1 day to train them than to increase your pay normally. If someone can be trained to do your job in a week or less then you deserve minimum wage.

I live in the deep south in a right to work state and my brother in law supervises a McDonalds franchise. They have to start the pay at $11/hour to get anyone in the door and they still have a constant struggle to attract and retain people. Of course when the economy went to crap we never really felt it here.

In the last month I hired two people @ $12-$15/hour to come in and sweep the floors and help clean up around the shop. One never showed up the next day and the other worked one day and never showed up the next day. Both gave me sob stories about how much they needed the money.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I hate McD employees with a passion, I go there everyday for a one dollar coffee/sometimes for a lunch soda and there is one girl who has fucked up my order every single time I've ordered from her. I've only got her a couple of time but I ordered an iced coffee, I got a reg coffee. Ordered a large dr pepper, got a root beer. Ordered a Dr pepper, got a diet dr pepper. Paying that cunt 8.80 is about 6 dollars too much. If you want to support yourself and a family, get a real job.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The worst employees on Earth work at Arby's, and I guarantee each and every one of you there's no way this stupid fucking piece of shit company survives another 10 years. I would literally bet every dollar I have that Arby's is gone in 10 years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would literally bet every dollar I have that Arby's is gone in 10 years.
In 19 years, all restaurants will be Taco Bell.

I don't understand how Arby's is still in business. I've never heard anyone say their food and service isn't the absolute worst in the industry.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Arby's used to be decent food, but it has gotten progressively worse and the price has basically tripled. When I could get 5 sandwiches for $5, it was shitty but cheap college food. Now I won't touch the stuff, and it just gives me a stomach ache if I try.

Wendy's is the same way. As soon as Dave Thomas died that company went downhill fast.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't had fast food in 2 or 3 months but Wendys in my opinion is awesome and had the better food out of the big 3 fast food burger joints.

kayan_sl

shitlord
its very simple. Raise the pay of the lowest paid workers to 15.00 per hour, and the cost of everything else goes up as well. Said people who were bitching about not making a living wage will be in the exact same position once the economy adjusts itself. What these people fail to understand is fast food jobs were never meant to be full time careers (short of being a franchise owner). Traditionally, those jobs were held by students, retirees, moms looking to add a small second income to the household. Want more money? You have choices. Go find a new job.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm seriously baffled that any bread winner would go to McD for a "real" job. That shit is for students and retirees working part time to keep busy. It's depressing when you see a manager: poor sob is still in that shitty outfit after all this time, but at least he almost makes an adult wage. But an actual 30-40yo flipping burgers? Holy shit.
My brother in law was a head manager for 25 years at McDonalds before moving to supervisor a franchise. He made 6 figures for over half of those years and got a company car as well as trips to Vegas every year where the company gave them cash to gamble with etc...