Forever

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm still enjoying this, although I hope they get back to the 2000-year old guy sometime soon so it doesn't become to procedural.

That said, I'm really happy they toned down his deaths. After the first episode I was expecting him to die once or twice in each episode, which would have been incredibly stupid and gotten boring quickly. He hasn't died at all in the last few and instead they're playing up his long life/experiences.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
still watching too, but im not trying to get into it too much because im worried its going to be cancelled.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
for some reason this show is on the net before it airs here, maybe its on canadian tv or something?
pretty gory episode, i wonder if they show that on ABC, anyway, i have a question, if the dude dies and he disappears and wakes up in the water naked, where do his clothes go? i can understand he keeps putting on new clothes, but the cell phone is something unique and he had it on his person when he died and he still had it on his "new" clothes at the end of the episode(til he chucked it in the hudson river). they need to explain this, something simple that his clothes pop up at his home. it would also be a cool way of telling abe he died and should be checking the river for him.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, they're clearly glossing over all the little details about how his deaths and rebirths work. I doubt the writers know themselves, but at some point (assuming the show stays on the air) I imagine they'll figure it out and/or retcon shit to make a bit more sense. I just try not to think about it too much.

I'm glad they've brought back Adam, at least. He seems like he'll be a good villain.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
adam's cellphone aside, its really not a a big deal. i mean when i was a kid i watched the incredible hulk and the dude was basically a hobo for most of the show going from town to town with a backpack as hobos will often do. banner would get super pissed, turn into hulk explode out of his clothes and then wreak havoc. afterward he would wake up and have a whole new set of clothes handy to wear. even as a kid i noticed stuff like that, lots of tv shows/movies dealing with invisibility have the same problems, doesnt bother me. that particular cellphone this week was an important plot point. you cant just explain it away with, "herp derp, he got a new one." .

if they cant properly give a reason about where his clothes go, its fine, but they should have at least had adam snag his phone right before he cut the guy's throat, said something like, "ill make sure this is waiting for you at home". problem fixed with one small line.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
kinda hoping adam is jesus christ.

of course they'd never go there but man, wouldn't it be awesome? not like this show is going to survive for a renewal anyway, they should just go crazy with it.

final episode should be the reveal:

"yeah so my mom, she was kinda loose in her youth, and well back in those days that was a capital offense you see. So she found some sucker to marry her and convinced him that god had come down from heaven and given her a child. Of course for this excuse to work she had to convince everyone, including me, that it was the truth. So my first 20 years of life I was brainwashed into thinking I was the son of god, ya know? Real mind fuck. Anyway I was a lot like you, back then, trying to help people. and ya know what? they ended up crucifying me for that shit.

And then when I came back from the dead, that really, really sold that son of god bit. I even believed it for my first few lifetimes. But after the umpteenth time getting stoned to death I decided enough was enough.

and that's when I started killing people, for sport. If you're destined to die again and again, might as well have some fun while doing it, ya know?

Oh and when they invented the electric chair, I just had to be the first one to ride that lightning, ya know? So i spent a summer murdering children...."

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
One flaw with shows like this is the premise is always this intelligent person and you assume it's because he has lived for hundreds of years.

What if he was a construction worker and super stupid when he 'died' the first time? The show goes to complete shit. So not only does he hit the jackpot of eternal life but he was also born quite smart and rich for his time so he could study medicine.

The morons that watch the show don't realize that he isn't smart because he is over 200 years old. I just find it funny that it always hinges on that fact. I enjoy the show though. They need to show Adam pretty soon though.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Only reason I watch the show is the actors actually, they storyline is something that you've seen a hundred times and that's too bad since both Ioan and Judd are terrific actors. Alana is distracting as the detective since she's crazy beautiful, I had forgotten how good looking she is since Law and Order is over. She was the best looking of the Assistant DA's and that's saying a lot.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Only reason I watch the show is the actors actually, they storyline is something that you've seen a hundred times and that's too bad since both Ioan and Judd are terrific actors. Alana is distracting as the detective since she's crazy beautiful, I had forgotten how good looking she is since Law and Order is over. She was the best looking of the Assistant DA's and that's saying a lot.
^This

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
big reveal tonight on Forever, Adam's identity is shown. the episodes are on the net a day early so i have already seen it and know who it is.

dont look if you want it spoiled.
its the same guy who plays a villain in pretty much every frigging thing. Burn Gorman

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope they renew this show. The cast is one of my favorite on tv and the stories are usually interesting if not sometimes a little wild

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's a bit too emotional for an older guy, but I hope to see more of it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like the show, i would like to see it renewed, but it had some real stinker episodes this season. i do like their vintage flashbacks. i think if the show is not renewed though they sewed things up pretty nicely. unlike some season finales like The Glade where the star is on the way to his wedding and is just randomly shot by an unknown assassin and left to die in an empty house. i still wont watch A&E shows after they cancelled that one.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i was SO close to calling the season finale correctly in how she finds out...

like the series overall- it's probably wrapping up, i believe we find out next wed if it gets renewed.

finale was a 1.1 with 4.13million viewers.- in comparison AoS 1.5 and 4.45 million views - flash 1.4 with 3.62M viewers....

it is coming to be close for renewal, the site i looked at has AoS as being a sure thing for renewal, and forever at "danger of being cancelled"

the show is good enough to come back for more seasons, yet the story ended nicely where if not renewed...it's at a good place.

forever gets about a 90% boost in live+7 in ratings...we'll find out soon.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I think they made a huge mistake in the deaths in episode 1-2. He died as much in those two episodes as he did in the whole rest of the show. I think it turned a lot of people off. I only kept watching because I love Gruffudd (Horatio Hornblower!). The ending was a good way to wrap up and I will be perfectly content if that's it but I would watch another season. It is 100% just another cop procedural but I feel like the actors themselves are all interesting. It's probably my favorite of the tune out bullshit drama's on right now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh well. at least they had a good season finale with no loose ends. now i gotta find something else to watch at 10pm tuesdays in the fall.