Forever

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Did anyone else watch this? I hadn't even heard of it until I randomly saw a preview for it just a few days ago. I really enjoyed the first two episodes and it seems to have a nice mix of comedy and drama. The acting was great overall for a network show, and Judd Hirsch is awesome as always.

It has a lot of promise in terms of over-arching story, and I hope they actually have an idea of where they're going with it rather than making shit up as they go along. I'm adding it to my weekly rotation.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked it, I thought the sherlock holmes aspect was overdone though.

I am also forced to wonder how many indecent exposure charges it takes before he gets fired ;p

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had no idea this existed until I saw ads for it on something else I DVR'd. It looked potentially interesting, guess I'll have to catch up at some point.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
same except replace ads with this thread and DVR with Torrents.

somewhat interesting show, worth the bandwidth thus far. I actually like the sherlock holmes aspect of it, though it does feel out of place. I suppose he could of just spent several lifetimes training himself on how to be more perceptive, combined with his lifetime of experience, but they didn't really go into detail explaining that bit. I guess for a show based on a guy who lives forever, a certain suspension of disbelief is required anyway.

Though one thing that does bug me, is that he's never died anywhere that's been on camera yet? I mean, the 2nd episode showed that when he does die his body simply disappears and he reappears in a body of water, and he did show him being all paranoid about there being cameras around when he potentially might have died. But come on? The police know you now. the Law and order chick would realize something was amiss if the killer killed you and your body just vanished, whether it was on camera or not.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't watched this, but other than the body disappearing thing described above, I'm wondering how this is any different than the show New Amsterdam that was on a few years ago and starred Jaime Lannister. I was always bummed that only lasted one season because I thought it was pretty good.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I haven't watched this, but other than the body disappearing thing described above, I'm wondering how this is any different than the show New Amsterdam that was on a few years ago and starred Jaime Lannister. I was always bummed that only lasted one season because I thought it was pretty good.
I got that vibe too. very similar. just replace ME with Cop and its the same show.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didnt know out of the other show, originally thought this looked like a more original show but now it seems like a ripoff, still going to give this a shot. The Cop seems like it would be more interesting than this though

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I will throw this into the mix, I was thinking Unbreakable. Will continue to watch(pun!)

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot...

now....where DO the clothes go

the also need to keep him dying to a minimum, it would get old fast

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I just stepped up the HD in the DVR form 250G to 2TB so the wife and I are recording anything which even sounds potentially interesting. We went through the first two episodes of this and it's worthy to remain.

I agree that it would be hard to be employed by the city where you keep having indecent exposure charges. Unless somehow he's cooked up a fake ID and gets arrested under that one... Then calls his "dad" to come pick him up, conveniently bringing said fake ID to verify who he is... Easy enough to work around.

The Sherlockiness of it I think is just to play into the fact that a lot of Americans are going to think anybody with an British accent much be smart.

I do agree with Leonardo on the question of what magical extradimensional space is currently filled with 200 years worth of clothes this guy died in.....

P.S. - Yes, this is essentially a New Amsterdam reboot. BUt since that show was on a LOT has happened to temper more general public acceptance of SciFi concepts in their procedural dramas....

velk

Trakanon Raider
I do agree with Leonardo on the question of what magical extradimensional space is currently filled with 200 years worth of clothes this guy died in.....
That raises an interesting question about pocket contents and cell phones. Losing your keys, phone and wallet regularly would kind of suck.

I really want someone to call his cell phone after it disappears, just to see what happens ;p ( That bugged me a bit with Lost Room too - the only person in that with any sense of discovery was the little girl )

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't like. Felt like a more preachy Castle with added layers of chick fantasy.
I didn't watch this, but I was listening while my wife did. It honestly sounded a lot like The Mentalist, but with the twist that he's immortal. Essentially serial killer of the week type (or CSI) where the protagonist is super smart.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I've seen an episode of The Mentalist. I can see that. I'm less familiar with it than Castle. He does know a ton of shit from being old, which makes sense, but it's not really interesting. I don't like super cops. In Elementary/Sherlock the big caveat for the super-cop is that he's completely socially incapable, so there is a bit of balance. This guy's problem is that he's ultra-charming and caring. Yeeeeaaaaa....., no. In Castle there is no super cop, and Castle's wild theories are a joke in and of themselves, rarely even tangentially correct.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
felt like the mentalist to me too. thats alright though, i liked the mentalist til it went full retard. i also like his flashbacks. i will watch it for now til i get bored of it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ive been trying to think who the 2k year old guy is, at first i thought it was his friend from this week's flashback because the voices are similar, but that doesnt make much sense.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying this despite the large and obvious flaws. It's mostly the good cast I think, though the premise itself is pretty interesting.

Big questions are is when will the detective find out he's immortal and when will they hook up?!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i like how they toned the detective down from the pilot. from being a -basically- a loose woman/slut/whatever you want to call her.

i like the show, it is decent, but the ratings are not that great live(1.4 live), however the live+3 are at 2.3 in the demo, which is decent-getting ~9 million viewers total live+3.

hookup?find out he canot die? well that depends on how long the series lasts..hmm

hookup...not this season. i am thinking probably season 3 unless they get stupid about it and delay it longer
immortal? season 1 finale will end with her seeing him DIE and Vanish ...his body glow, then a bright flash of light, then.. body is GONE. cut to her shocked face...fade to black.

season 2 will be her coming to terms with him being immortal.

season 3 will be the dance with end of season them potentially getting together, then the PTB pull a castle, it will be another whole season before the hookup.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dont forget there is the 2k year old stalker to deal with. i saw this week's episode. (it got leaked maybe?) and it was a nice little murder mystery. to be honest this show feels like it should have been pitched for CBS. they should also rename it to The Immortalist.