Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Also we were in the turn 1 seats when the track parade thing went by with the riders sitting up on the backs of cars waving to everyone. Marquez got a very nasty reception.

Maybe he's like Lorenzo and it just makes him go faster
biggrin.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We'll see how long they last.

Gene Haas Is Fed Up With Formula 1s Baloney

Gene Haas' F1 team has had one of the most stunning debuts ever for a brand-new team. But Romain Grosjean's unexpected sixth and fifth place finishes in the first two 2016 Grands Prix have led some to accuse Haas F1 of being little more than a Ferrari surrogate-the team's VF16 cars use many Ferrari components in a Dallara chassis.

Gene Haas is having none of F1's drama. In an interview with ESPN, he responded to these accusations, and didn't mince his words.

"This place is a soap opera," said Haas. "I think a lot of the teams at the back really don't understand what competition is. They're getting maybe a little too fat and happy."

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I wonder if it is time for a 70's style fist fight Vettel vs DaniK
Vettel might be with Ferrari now but it seems he still has some power at Red Bull...

Red Bull have demoted Daniil Kvyat after his calamitous Russian Grand Prix and replaced him with Toro Rosso's 18-year-old Max Verstappen... Horner said: "Dany will be be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."
Max Verstappen replaces Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull for rest of season - BBC Sport

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
It looked really bad, and I thought he'd be black flagged, but his penalty was rather light. Maybe the blame wasn't 100% if you look at the data. Or maybe they just didn't want to be too harsh at his home race I dunno.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The northwest 200 is on over the next few days. Live stream I think will be here:Motorbikes - BBC Sport

Rain usually screws up the schedule, but I think it is 6 hours of practice tuesday and thursday, then racing later in the day on thursday. Then racing all day saturday. Most of that starts around 4am my time here in the flyover states.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Marquez and Dovi crashing together at Le Mans was pretty epic. The chances of them losing it at the same instant have got to be pretty small.

rrr_img_133527.jpg

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've not had any luck with the northwest. The first practice session I watched a bit of, but my internet connection is so bad I kept getting further and further behind the live stuff. Eventually it died altogether and when I refreshed the stream was gone.

For the next session our power was out for 8 hours due to a storm. Well not really due to a storm, due to a single power company that provides power for this area charging as much as they possibly can while spending as little as possible.

The races later in the day were about the same. Stream died midway through and the link is now gone. Their site sucks so much. They appear to have a catchup option but it just sends you in a circular loop with no video. Supposedly this stuff will go up on the iPlayer eventually. Though it will likely just be highlights instead of the full show.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
In Quali Iannone's bike spilled some water that made him slip. I wonder if that happened.
If you frame by frame it Marquez lost the front slightly before Dovi, that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't water. But it's pretty hard to lose the front on a motorcycle due to fluids that come from behind the front tire. Usually you highside if you drop oil/water.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The practice sessions that showed up on usenet are from C4? To me that says explosives. Is that a channel in the UK? It seems like bbc people. Lee McKenzie and Karun Chandhok I really like. The commentary dude is I think one of the bbc dudes, very radio-voice.