Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oh yea another story from Ted, the start problem wasn't a safety thing, it was a power loss in race control that affected the start lights. Later the power died in the media center.

I was in good company when the power died here yesterday making me lose a bag full of norent items in EQ :emoji_laughing:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did you buy the pass? I watched the first couple days of quali, then my net was down for a day and now it won't let me watch the sessions. I was thinking the pass would let you watch live but the rest would be freebie.

I saw the red flag come out but nobody knew what had happened. Apparently it was at Ballascary.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the pass let's you watch the replays. I haven't had any problems with it. Im using this website

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched the Monaco race today, and man even with the weather it was a boring AF race. The bullshit with Alonzo holding everyone up is why that race should be deleted from the tracklist for F1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm up to quali 5. Every time I go by ballgarey there's what looks like padded barriers on the outside. Not sure if they are tekpro or what. I wonder if the guy that was killed clipped the stone wall on the inside or lost the front and just slammed into the barrier.

Araxen

If only all F1 races were as good as the one today, and that is without taking the crash into consideration. I'm honestly surprised that crowd had that much faith in the fence. I would have been getting the fuck out of dodge if I saw that car flipping end over end towards me. I almost turned the race off after Verstappen overtook Sainz. It's been pretty much the story that the race is over this season when that happens.. I'm glad it didn't.

1656905636035.png

Halo saves another....

1656905719297.png

In the grands words of Toto... "i'm glad I was wrong about halo".

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If only all F1 races were as good as the one today, and that is without taking the crash into consideration. I'm honestly surprised that crowd had that much faith in the fence. I would have been getting the fuck out of dodge if I saw that car flipping end over end towards me. I almost turned the race off after Verstappen overtook Sainz. It's been pretty much the story that the race is over this season when that happens.. I'm glad it didn't.

View attachment 420210

Halo saves another....

View attachment 420211

In the grands words of Toto... "i'm glad I was wrong about halo".

From some of the shots you could see a few photographers that were behind the tire wall but in front of the fence run away, they definitely got lucky. As for the audience, you'd be pretty much fucked if you were there because you're not getting far sitting in a packed stand in the few seconds you have. You'd probably just sit there staring because it looked like it was going into the tire wall like normal, only because it dug into the gravel at precisely the right (or wrong) angle and time did it get flipped over the tire wall.

Amateur video of the crash from the stands:

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So did merc's bouncing rules make it in?

Anyone know the full story? I'm not gonna get it from sky because it favours Ham so they won't talk about it I'm sure.

Araxen

It seems to be Max's title to lose now. Ferrari can't stop being Ferrari.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
how can Ferrari be so fucking shit when it comes to strategy year after year?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
how can Ferrari be so fucking shit when it comes to strategy year after year?
Ferrari have this big dream of Italians running the show and bringing home championships. This started with LdM when he got rid of the dream team (Schumi, Todt, Brawn) for a bunch of idiots. Keep in mind, Brawn is the guy who bought an F1 team for £1 and won both championships with it that year, and turned it into the team that is now Mercedes.

Ferrari are the team who actively screwed Massa out of a WDC, fired a guy for producing a winning car (Arrivabene), and kept Vettel on despite having been way past his use by date.

What is the tally for lost championships? Schumi had 1-2 left in him when he left Ferrari. They had a car but wrong driver in Vettel. And now they have the right car and driver but wrong everything else. Tally is 3 WDC/WCC and maybe up to 5 that they lost by being stupid.

• 1Like

Araxen

Does someone at Ferrari have money on Red Bull? It sure seems like it. lol