Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm watching the F1 tv prerace instead of my usual sky, and there's a Brundle doing analysis. Soon as he opened his mouth I could tell he was Martin's son :emoji_laughing:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
motoGP was good, but the btsport commentary guys were furious about the penalties. They are usually diplomatic about those.

F1 was rather dull.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea F1 was boring, I actually dozed off halfway through and nothing had changed when I woke up 10 laps later. Hopefully this weekend will be better, not a long wait thankfully.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
French GP was fun. Good to have Marquez back. It sounds like Honda is trying a Kalex chassis? Is that sort of thing even allowed? Very unjapanese.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ted is predicting Fernando for the monaco win. That would be so badass.

Friday / Saturday / Sunday all look rainy

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They put the full 2008 race up on youtube. Timestamped a funny moment:

The pit stops make you panic till you realize that 8-10 seconds was normal back then :emoji_laughing:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
In teh final attempt Alonso lost at least 2 tenths in the last sector compared to the previous time he had set.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Newgarden wins Indy today. It was largely a yellow free race till the end which took about 40-60 minutes to get the final 10 laps in because they keep red flagging the race because people kept crashing.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm in the middle of watching quali 5. The TT+ coverage is better this year. They've had a few technical glitches, and the first day some audio problems, but it is great just to watch the bikes.

Last year I complained because they were constantly cutting away to interview the crew chief's second cousin's wife or something. This year they are still doing that but they let them talk for about 10 seconds then cut back to the action with the interview audio overtop. Way better.

Weather is great, lap records are going to fall, and the best part is everyone is alive and in one piece so far.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Dunlop after a 135.5 lap in practice
2023 Isle of Man TT - TT Coverage - Qualifying 5.mp4_snapshot_02.38.46_[2023.06.05_19.07.04].jpg

New trooper bike:
2023 Isle of Man TT - TT Coverage - Race Day 1.mp4_snapshot_00.23.53_[2023.06.05_20.19.23].jpg

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
TT was great this year. I really thought they were going to go without any losses but a spanish rider died in one of the supertwin races.

More records would have tumbled but Hickman had an off day with clutch problems on one of the superbike races, so Dunlop didn't need to risk. Pretty sure the overall record 136.3 was Hickman on a superstock.

BTW the TT+ coverage had an american guy, and being american, I thought I would enjoy it, but I guess I've never listened to any american racing coverage. He used the strangest lingo. Definitely prefer brits for racing commentary.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting lineup for Silverstone today, strong showing by McLaren and even Williams did well. I think P1 is still going to be Max but many drivers have a realistic chance at P2/3 today.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was the first F1 event I've ever watched, after blowing through the most recent season of the series on Netflix. Decided I'd start paying attention to the sport since it's coming here (Vegas) for the next decade or whatever.

Having never been into autosports aside from hanging w/ mom when she's watching NASCAR, was pretty entertaining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user