Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That was a cool event. I can't believe how much has changed in the game. I haven't played in probably over a year but now there's lava, pirate ships, ice and desert biomes. That's not including what this event just changed.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't logged in for months but I still keep up with the events, they do an amazing job with them.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Epic made about 12 kid millionaires this weekend with the world championship. What a crazy prize pool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$12 million? Child's play...

Valve will be giving out over $31 million in two weeks for the Dota 2 International.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
$12 million? Child's play...

Valve will be giving out over $31 million in two weeks for the Dota 2 International.

It was a 30 million prize pool.

But 10-12 Individuals recieved 1mil +
Solos winner got 3million (16 years old)
Duos winners split 3million (1.5 each).
Top 4 in Solos each got 1mill+

There were maybe ~5 or so players in both Solos & Duos.

Solos
PlacementPrize Money
1st$3,000,000
2nd$1,800,000
3rd$1,200,000
4th$1,050,000
5th$900,000
6th$600,000
7th$525,000
8th$375,000
9th$300,000
10th$225,000
11th-15th$150,000
12th-20th$112,500
21st-100th$50,000

Duos
PlacementPrize Money
1st$3,000,000
2nd$2,250,000
3rd$1,800,000
4th$1,500,000
5th$900,000
6th$450,000
7th$375,000
8th$375,000
9th$225,000
10th$225,000
11th-50th$100,000

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was pretty surprised to see a 16 year old won $3 million, talk about life changing awesome for a kid. Hopefully his parents don't take him to the cleaners before he hits 18.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's up with people using controllers in this shit? Do they let them have the aim assist? That seems uh, suspect, as the aim assist in Fortnite borders on actual cheating with how it autosnaps and targets things you can't even see.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What's up with people using controllers in this shit? Do they let them have the aim assist? That seems uh, suspect, as the aim assist in Fortnite borders on actual cheating with how it autosnaps and targets things you can't even see.

Yes there are controller players, and Aim assist was on for them.

There's been debate about Aim Assist: Tfue and Ninja disagree over Fortnite aim assist

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Has it changed at all recently? Cause if not I'm not sure how there is even a debate. Last time I played the controller assist was so egregious I'm not sure why you'd do anything else - you can literally just spam the trigger on your gamepad as fast as you can to force it to re-center-/lockon constantly and you have essentially an aimbot.

It also saw through smoke/particles and would target lock people that weren't even rendered on your screen yet due to distance.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Has it changed at all recently? Cause if not I'm not sure how there is even a debate. Last time I played the controller assist was so egregious I'm not sure why you'd do anything else - you can literally just spam the trigger on your gamepad as fast as you can to force it to re-center-/lockon constantly and you have essentially an aimbot.

It also saw through smoke/particles and would target lock people that weren't even rendered on your screen yet due to distance.

I doubt much has changed, but the game is not just a simple shooter game (obviously).
Look at the World Cup, I don't know the exact statistic but I know of 3 controller players and I doubt there were many more. Of the ~200 players in Solos/Duos, maybe 10 would be controller players? And more of those would be in Duos then Solos...
Aydan & Nickmercs have been the top controller players for FortNite, Aydan is the guy that placed 2nd in Duos. I'm not sure if he was in the Solos competition.

Per Epic, 40 million players competed in qualifiers to get to Worlds.
So it's clearly not a huge advantage.

Consider that Building is more of an important factor in this game and M/KB players have a far superior advantage.
For FortNite, it's balanced because shooting isn't everything. For other shooter games I can see where there is more of an argument.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The quote of ninja whining because he got killed by a controller player is hilarious. Is he even that good if he had to play the winners this past weekend on a constant basis? I honestly don't know as I don't follow Fortnite very much at all.

EDIT quick Google says he wasn't even able to qualify for the tourney.

Cybsled

I was pretty surprised to see a 16 year old won $3 million, talk about life changing awesome for a kid. Hopefully his parents don't take him to the cleaners before he hits 18.

They are a minor, so in most states you would need conservatorship / guardianship of the estate of the minor to even see the money. Even then, it’s use is usually restricted by the court without authorization and they’ll make you take out a giant bond in many states. Most States take that sort of thing very seriously

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The quote of ninja whining because he got killed by a controller player is hilarious. Is he even that good if he had to play the winners this past weekend on a constant basis? I honestly don't know as I don't follow Fortnite very much at all.

EDIT quick Google says he wasn't even able to qualify for the tourney.

I think Ninja is good enough to make it but not good enough to get close to top 10 or even 20. I don't know if he even tried for Solos, but he was close to making it with Duos. His duo partner qualified for the Solo competition but didn't place top 20 (Reverse2k). Tfue is pretty damn good and got 67th. Ninja is pretty derpy at times but does have some skill, he lacks the mental to get far. He's a balls-to-the-wall player, very reckless, and is terrible if he needs to turtle and play smart. He could accel in Duos with the right partner.

After winning 1.5M in duos, Aqua played Solos the next day and didn't get anywhere near top 20. Different skillsets for sure.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Heh kid won FortNite and got $3M. Ninja is probably just fine being a mediocre player and pulling that amount in each month streaming (exaggeration for the sake of shitposting).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heh kid won FortNite and got $3M. Ninja is probably just fine being a mediocre player and pulling that amount in each month streaming (exaggeration for the sake of shitposting).

I'm not sure that's exaggeration at all tbh.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Cool video on the depth of FortNite combat. I still haven't logged into the game in 6+ months but watching streams can be good entertainment:

Every friday is "Friday FortNite". So today/tonight it's on. Usually a good watch as it's 4 pros in a public lobby trying to slay out.