Forza Horizon 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't completely sold on the demo (it seems very much like Test Drive Unlimited or The Crew, not that that's a bad thing when done well) but it's a no-brainer to get a 14 day trial/$9.99 month of Gamepass to check out the full game. I need to see how much grinding is involved to buy and tune all the Lotuses--and how viable it is to only use the cars you like--and how hard they push you into doing all the different stuff even if you don't have any interest in, say, dirt racing or drifting.

The setting is a bit of a concern too. I can deal with driving on the wrong side of the road but I really hope there aren't a huge number of RHD cars like the WRX in the demo. I only play racing games in cockpit view and RHD completely throws off my ability to drive well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
xbox is kinda fucked for friends list, i'll add you when its back up i did get your msg

There are two series in the Forza games, Forza Motorsports (5, 6, 7) that are pure track racing games. Forza Horizon is more their open world game. FM is basically Gran Turismo, Rush (the movie), etc whereas FH is more like Fast and The Furious, Need for Speed, etc. There is a thin story but its basically just drive around doing whatever the fuck you want in whatever car you want.

You can stick to just a few cars if you want, probably just 1-3 really although there are 300+ cars so its fun to screw around and try different ones.

Loving the game so far but it feels a bit too country-fied, hoping the map opens up to more city type areas since the roads in british countryside seem a bit narrow

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
xbox is kinda fucked for friends list, i'll add you when its back up i did get your msg

There are two series in the Forza games, Forza Motorsports (5, 6, 7) that are pure track racing games. Forza Horizon is more their open world game. FM is basically Gran Turismo, Rush (the movie), etc whereas FH is more like Fast and The Furious, Need for Speed, etc. There is a thin story but its basically just drive around doing whatever the fuck you want in whatever car you want.

You can stick to just a few cars if you want, probably just 1-3 really although there are 300+ cars so its fun to screw around and try different ones.

Loving the game so far but it feels a bit too country-fied, hoping the map opens up to more city type areas since the roads in british countryside seem a bit narrow

Ok cool. I’m still on the fence. But it’s just so much fun

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Screw it. Downloading lol.

TJT TJT yoh should get in on this shit too and drunk race tonight!

spronk

FPS noob
some tips for new forza players

1. if you got ultimate or bought VIP, go first to "The Lake House" (in the northwest, above the lake) and buy it. It normally costs $5m credits but its free for VIP holders, and it DOUBLES all your forzathon rewards forever.

2. Every friday you can get free welfare money from forza rewards, the more of the games you have played the mo money you will get. I get 300k credits/week from it for playing all of the ones since XB1 launched, it really adds up fast and it applies to ALL the forza games
Sign in to your Microsoft account

3. be sure to do the forzathon stuff, you can buy extra cars and cosmetic crap that you can only get thru it. you won't ever "need" them, but its pretty fun. Once an hour on the live servers a forzathon event spawns as well that everyone on the server works together for, like get 20 speed zone completions etc its pretty quick and within 10-15 mins you are done with all 3 and will usually complete a daily forzathon quest too.

otherwise there really isn't any guidelines or stuff, if the game is too easy you can keep tuning the difficulty/drivatar so it is always a challenge to you. I love the Rewind feature (Y on gamepad), while you are still learning courses or stuff it lets you erase fuckups but you get more xp/credits if you turn rewind off.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit this game is good. Just raced a fucking 100 foot tall hovercraft. Lol

Vorph

If someone who is playing now gets a chance, check out the Lotus cars and let me know what the LHD vs. RHD breakdown is. I'm still going to check it out through Gamepass no matter what, but I'm dying to know which ones are US models. If the 2012 Exige S is RHD I will be very sad.

spronk

FPS noob
most of the cars seem to be left hand drive include the 2012 Lotus Exige S, I did find one right hand drive car the 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint so I guess its whatever model car they use and probably some of the older UK-only classics are RHD but most cars seem to be LHD

also ultimate edition seems to be $85 in costco if anyone wants that. UE is really worth it imo this time around, you get tons of freebies (like the 5m house) plus it includes the two DLCs, previous forza games charged for it extra on top of ultimate

7bv7rvpb26p11.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Cool, thanks for checking. The game had me worried when I saw the WRX in the demo and I was afraid if a Subaru was like that then all the UK cars I like (Lotus/Aston Martin/TVR mainly) would end up being RHD.

Vorph

Ultrawide with freesync, of course. :D

As far as XboneX goes, ACG's advice was to try the game at 4K and if you found it bearable to play at 30fps then stick with it because once you try 60fps there's no going back.

So, just like every other game.

Full review, if anyone's actually still waffling about it when you can try it via Gamepass:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Needs some raced out trucks, like a factory supercharged tundra. I'd love a motorcycle racing game, but really would be quite boring and impossible to replicate riding compared to those crazy setups people do for car racing.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is it possible to get this purely for PC if you do not have an Xbox One? Through one of the game passes or something?

Vorph

Yeah I have no Xbone at all either. You can buy it from Windows Store (the demo is there right now) or sign up for Gamepass and play the base game on Tuesday. I assume it's like PS+ where you can pay for DLC/season pass if you want it. Windows 10 is required though, and make sure your drivers are the absolute latest too or the game won't even launch.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
You'll want to snag the 5 million mansion (free for gold/vip) as quick as you can. Once you have it you get double forzathon points for the rest of the game. Game is crazy fun, especially the green cross country races. Threading the needle on a windmill only to go flying 1k feet through the air is quite the experience.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Needs some raced out trucks, like a factory supercharged tundra. I'd love a motorcycle racing game, but really would be quite boring and impossible to replicate riding compared to those crazy setups people do for car racing.

I find when I play games like this I want a good monster truck game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
God I love this game. Just hit winter. :) I look up at the clock and two hours pass and it seems like ten minutes. And winter at night time is absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You can download standard now. Trying to stay awake and play this tonight

• 1Like