Forza Horizon 5

spronk

FPS noob

Release date Nov 11th, 2021.

Available day 1 on GamePass, PC, xbox, and xCloud. Cross-play and cross-save just like every other first party Microsoft game, play seamlessly between consoles, PC, TVs, tablets, phones, whatever and progress is always carried over.

Takes place in Mexico.

FH3 and FH4 are two of my favorite games so definitely hyped for this. Just paying $1 to get gamepass for like 3 months around Nov makes this an amazing deal.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
full map reveal today

E8XZzEKWQAAPerS

and some influencers got some play time in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
don't need to preorder or anything, you can preload a few weeks in advance with gamepass (or anyone, xbox allows you to preload any game any time you want).

I'd recommend just sticking with the base version, there is also an ultimate edition that includes the VIP car pass, not sure if the expansions are included as well. The gamepass version doesn't include that stuff. You can buy that stuff seperately after launch, no big deal. None of the extra stuff is needed, I've probably got over 1000 hours into all the forza games and never really notice any of it.

If you play a lot run the forza rewards app/website every weekend, you can earn up to like 400k credits a week depending on how many forza games you have played

spronk

FPS noob
8 minutes of gameplay from todays gamescomm

reminder game is part of gamepass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
8 minutes of gameplay from todays gamescomm

reminder game is part of gamepass
I’ve never done game pass. When you say it’s on there does that mean it’s always available as part of the sub or is it on there for a limited time? Haven’t really looked into how it works.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I’ve never done game pass. When you say it’s on there does that mean it’s always available as part of the sub or is it on there for a limited time? Haven’t really looked into how it works.
Some games fall off probably just due to licensing deals but for the most part games are always there. And I imagine MS specific games will never go away.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, I'm so stoked for this... probably more than anything else coming out this year tbh. I've gotten a ton of mileage out of the previous 2 games (think Horizon 3 was about the best racing experience I've had). That controller is ehhhh... though I love the rubberized grips.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah any first party game - developed by Microsoft, which stuff like Forza, Halo, Gears, etc are - are always on gamepass forever. JUST the base game though, you have to pay extra for DLCs, expansions, etc. Usually, some games include them free but not the forza series.

i think earlier in the thread we talked about tricks to getting gamepass, but the basic gist is if you've never subbed you wanna build up 2-3 years of games with gold or basic gamepass (cheaper), then convert one time to gamepass ultimate. It converts at 1:1, so if you have 3 years of Gold you'll get 3 years of gamepass ultimate. There were all kinds of crazy ways to build up gold even too, like rockstar energy drinks giving you 6 weeks for 2 cans or Taco bell fucking gives you 2 months for $5 but I dunno if there are any deals now.

There will probably be a bunch more crazy ways closer to Halo Infinite release.

I've had 3 years of gamepass forever and i bought enough gold codes long ago to keep myself rolling forward for like another 5 years. Its an insane value, considering this month alone I've played Hades, 12 Minutes, and Psychonauts 2 all with gamepass. Way, way, way better than PS+

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Gamepass is bonkers value. And I can't wait for this game. I love the Horizons series and I'm so excited to explore a new environment where everyone doesn't drive on the wrong side of the fucking road.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I just wish they had options to switch which side the steering wheel is on. Usually use cockpit view and the wrong side steering wheel was annoying and disorienting. I get it for a pure race sim, but for a game dropping cars out of airplanes and racing trains I'd like a bit more leeway.

spronk

FPS noob
the controller i linked above for $75 is now available at other stores for preorder too, sold out at microsoft, and comes with some exclusive DLC:

exclusive content: Forza edition car, cosmetic item, and victory emote (downloadable content requires Forza Horizon 5 game, sold separately).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Racing not my favorite genre but god damn do they make these games always look beautiful to just cruise around and see the world.

spronk

FPS noob

digital foundry is really impressed, cool

100 gig downloaded already on my series X, game releases Nov 9th for gamepass and normies, if you preorder the ultimate edition you can start playing Nov 5th, 4 days early

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if you preorder the ultimate edition you can start playing Nov 5th, 4 days early
Game Pass also has the option of buying the Premium Add-Ons Bundle for $45, which gives all the extra stuff in the $100 version including the 11/5 headstart.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
1635098741631.png

This is what I see when I click on Forza 5. It looks like Ultimate pass get everything.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is what I see when I click on Forza 5. It looks like Ultimate pass get everything.
That's the Premium Addon Pack you're looking at, which is the $45 thing I was talking about. Game Pass Ultimate only gives the standard edition for free.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, I'm so stoked for this... probably more than anything else coming out this year tbh. I've gotten a ton of mileage out of the previous 2 games (think Horizon 3 was about the best racing experience I've had). That controller is ehhhh... though I love the rubberized grips.
I just started 4 via gamepass a few days ago. It's fun. Frustrating in places, but fun. Guess I won't get too invested and just start up 5 in a couple of weeks. Gamepass recently had a deal where you could get ultimate for a dollar for one month and I signed up. Still not sure if worth it.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That's the Premium Addon Pack you're looking at, which is the $45 thing I was talking about. Game Pass Ultimate only gives the standard edition for free.
Where do you see the premium add on pack? I only see the individual buy options. The drop down doesn't give me the option just the normal, deluxe, premium editions.

spronk

FPS noob
premium pack only is $50, 10% discount if you are currently a gamepass sub

gives you early access and all the premium perks like future expansions and car pass and VIP membership.

if you are a microsoft rewards member i'd still wait till 2-3 days before early access release in case rewards gives you a bonus for "buying" the game/premium.

• 1Like