Foundation

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wrote season 2 off after episode 4. I just could not get into the season. I am not terribly interested in Gaal / Salvor / The Mule show or the Constance / Poly / Hober Mallow mess around. I like the Empire arc and Bel Riose (which is basically Empire).

I went back in for episodes 5 - 8 yesterday and it turned me around enough to be really intrigued for how the season rounds out. If y'all were the same, it may be worth checking out some of the later episodes.

I am super curious how the Spacer / Bel Riose saga plays out. I thought his husband / boyfriend was going to commit suicide in front of him during E7 'A Necessary Death'. Seemed like he would 'free' Bel Riose from being concerned for his well being and then he would defect with the Spacers.

on the lookout for green on anyone's neck after that little back and forth about it being a sign of a betrayer. I noticed Rue seemed to be wearing a green necklace when speaking with Dusk as they started to uncover the latest plotline. Not sure if I missed it elsewhere.

With the Empire arc, I don't know who I am rooting for. On the whole, I want Empire to fall vs. Bel Riose / Spacers. On the smaller scale, I have been getting annoyed by Sareth and wouldn't mind Day 'winning' on that front. I think Sareth is batting out of her league and needs to be put in her place.

The missing memories is going to be fun, I hope.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I wanted to like that show but I couldn't hang in there. Maybe I need to try again and work harder at it this time...
Just wanted to add, same here. I had a huge beef with them portraying running an online multiplayer service on Commodore 64s. That is not possible and never happened. Sure there did exist some online services, but nothing nowhere near that complex existed at the time.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Demerzel gonna fuck some shit up.... and I am all here for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I keep wanting this queen trying to marry into Empire and Dawn to get caught together.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Interesting finale,

I enjoyed the last 2 episodes more than the rest. Some sweet action and lots of world building.

Hope we get S3

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
As someone who has never read the books I liked season 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed season 2, but I’m not sure I’m really interested in a season 3. I feel like all the mysteries have somewhat been answered regarding Empire and I simply never cared about the Foundation itself or the coming darkness from the collapse of Empire. They keep trying to hype up this mule guy from hundreds of years in the future but after two seasons of the show focusing on the trio I’m here thinking “why should I care who rules the universe“?

I take it the mule is going to be
the offspring of Dawn and random queen lady and that’s why he has a vendetta against everything?

spronk

FPS noob
Binged through the entire season the last week, that is 100% the way to watch these mediocre shows since you can easily ignore the extremely grating bad scenes and actors. Thank fucking god the shittiest actor on the show is finally gone, she's the female Mark Wahlberg of acting - only one facial expression of confused "I think I shit my pants" for every emotional moment.

First season was 20% ok and 80% garbage, season 2 is probably closer to 60/40. I liked more of the actor groups and locations than the first season, where only Empire was good and everything else was hot shit. The whole Ignis plot / location was bad but not unwatchable and it was a fun twist at the end.

Only minor quibble would be Demezerel's wrapups in the finale, the season felt like it was building up to a big reveal of Demezerel's motives and plans built on 18,000 years and it felt pretty underwhelming. Obviously there is gonna be a lot more to the character in season 3 but I think they fumbled a bit at the end there and I still don't really understand how her programming allowed her to contract out assassins.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
How is she even able to
harm Empire? Cleon 1 made it pretty clear that her programming made it impossible to do that, yet she broke Dawns neck in S1 in front of Day/Dusk and murdered Dusk in S2. I guess her programming on preserving empire in Cleon 1’s imagine is what allows her to do that and bend the rules? If that’s true, why not just kill Day and wipe Empires memory after the fact (before she knew about the memory restoration)? What about the slight genetic altering thats been going on with Empire over hundreds/thousands of years? Was Demerzel behind that too? And why were people taking orders from Demerzel at the end and not Dawn, who is not only Empire but was literally put in command by Day over Empire while Day went off on his adventure?

Is any of this explained in the books?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Is any of this explained in the books?

the books do not have the character demezerel at all, virtually nothing in season 2 is from the books other than a couple names and the general idea of "empire is crumbling, foundation is on the rise, foundation first uses religion to coopt barbarian breakaway kingdoms and then switches to consumer capitalism". The Mule and Second Foundation is a big component of the third book (out of 3 total) I think but again so different that its just really names shared and nothing else. Empire isn't a thing at all in the books, no genetic cloning or dynasty or anything just a planet run by a dude who isn't important at all.

Literally the show has nothing to do with the books. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, the books are almost unfilmable since they jump 40-50 years every few chapters, no characters carry over, Hari Seldon is just recordings not a quantum AI, and its constantly new characters and its all very dry and descriptive with little to no action. Thats the core 3 books, Asimov wrote a bunch of sequels years later which integrates his Robot book series with Foundation but they are pretty goofy and more in line with the eco-conservation ideas of Dune.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Empire is a threat to Empire just reboot that mfer
The majority of people didnt even know it needed a reboot until the media started telling them outright lies during COVID.

Oh, you mean Foundation. Never mind.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My only contribution regarding Season 2 is that Queen Cloud is so distractingly unattractive it detracts from any compelling plot going on with Empire. Was she just too ugly for Wheel of Time? This plot could be compelling but her attitude coupled with her look makes it impossible to suspend disbelief that Empire would put up with this shit.

Otherwise Season 2 isn’t really that bad. Some awesome visuals.

velk

Trakanon Raider
First season was 20% ok and 80% garbage, season 2 is probably closer to 60/40. I liked more of the actor groups and locations than the first season, where only Empire was good and everything else was hot shit. The whole Ignis plot / location was bad but not unwatchable and it was a fun twist at the end.

You know, I was thinking this was pretty accurate, and how much they butchered the story and realized that this one is actually backwards from the the normal adaptation where the shit they completely made up is pretty good and when they try to tie it to the actual story it kind of sucks.

So having season 2 with almost no connection to the books resulted in it actually improving instead of going to shit.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lee Pace definitely the best character on the show. Pretty much loved all his scenes. I tolerated the other story lines to get more Empire story, but never had too much interest in them.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just became aware of this show a couple days ago and only watched 2 episodes of S1, but I'm already over the 'strong, talented black women' characters.

Why are they all so unlikeable?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm 100% on team Demerzel. Even if she decides to kill humanity.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

Co-creator David S. Goyer is stepping back from his showrunner duties ahead of production resuming on the show’s upcoming third season. Goyer (Blade, The Dark Knight) will still be creatively involved with the show, contributing scripts from Los Angeles, while executive producer Bill Bost will be moving to Prague (where the show is filmed) to oversee the duration of season three photography. While sources say this means Goyer is effectively no longer serving as showrunner, a representative for the production says he will retain that title (contrary to an earlier version of this story).

The show previously went on a production hiatus due to the Hollywood strikes and is expected to resume shooting March 6. About half the show’s third season was shot before the break.

In addition, line producer Laurie Borg is stepping down, with Doug Moreno taking his place.

Sources say Goyer and executives at the show’s production company, Skydance, clashed over the budget for the upcoming season. TV budgets are under scrutiny across the industry as streamers right-size their slates with an eye toward boosting profitability. In addition to being an executive producer on the show, Bost is the former president of Skydance’s TV division and helped originally develop the series.

The show’s crew was alerted to the changes earlier today.

It was previously reported that Goyer would also be stepping back as a director for the remaining episodes (he previously directed three episodes from the show’s first two seasons) and alternative directors for his episodes would be hired for season three.