Fractured - The Dynamic MMO

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
At first I was excited to see that the post count in this thread doubled... then I realized it's because a shillpost got merged 🙄

Anyways, I'm hoping to get some time in the new alpha test this weekend to check out the talent system. Not sure about the city building though, haven't heard anything from the German theorycrafters I was planning on playing with.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Alpha 2 test 3 is live. (Expected to last at least 3 weeks.)

Basic cities are in, and a talent tree.

Lot's of bugs and not much content outside of city testing.

current world map

Wiki has a bunch of new updates and videos. (No NDA)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Unsure if talents are working properly right now. The "ignore 40% magic resist" sounds absolutely busted but it's definitely not working on normal mobs.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
New game play trailer showing alpha.

Alpha test 2 open for next week or so using link in this news article.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
When you realize youre looking at Ultima Online in 2020..

• 1Dislike
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Quick update via Q/A today.

2 weeks for free play, September no test....October test will add mounts.

Alpha looking 9 more months with 1 year Beta....early 2022 launch

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Legends of Aria has some of the worst control and being un-responsive if I remember correctly.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Looks similar to Legends of Aria. Anyone able to comment how the two compare to each other?

Currently too difficult to compare them, as Fractured is really early in alpha and pretty barren of features. I will say that I like the skill system much more, it's much more modern than Aria and allows you to create some really creative builds.

Legends of Aria has some of the worst control and being un-responsive if I remember correctly.

Fractured is worse. Pathing is asanine, the cursor will prioritize inanimate objects over NPCs/players, and animations are inconsistent. But the game is in alpha so hopefully that will improve.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I might start skipping the tests. The game is pretty bare bones right now and I really don't want to spend my free time looking for their bugs.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

Added to Steam yesterday, not sure how much that will help them.

Progress is slow but steady, and next alpha is October.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

Update 2 regarding smelting and armor.
Sounds like it's going to be hardcore if you want to craft anything.

Alpha is the first week of November.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Reeks of Albion Online just with less cartoonish graphics. Euros can't help but to make the same shit game every time.