Fringe

Salacious_sl

shitlord
If the observers cease to exist, there is no anomaly (Michael) cloned from September. If there's no anomaly to show the scientists in Norway, then said scientists repeat their mistake and create Observers all over again.

PARADOX, mission fails, humanity remains fucked.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is this show as awful as it was when i stopped watching halfway through season 3, or did they improve it?

is this show as awful as it was when i stopped watching halfway through season 3, or did they improve it?
I'd say they improved it, went off the rails a bit, then got back on track... and now they're wrapping it up. Just the double episode special left, and it's all over. It's worth a full watch through, start to end. The acting is superb, if some of the episodes are a bit... off.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
did they make a dent in the 500+ loose ends they had going on all the time?

spronk

FPS noob
its like lost, a lot of great moments with a lot of shitty filler in between. season 1-3 were the best, you kept hoping 4 & 5 were gonna be great but most of the episodes have been mediocore (not terrible, but not great). They kept abandoning story plots or tied them up in pretty pathetic ways, so that part hasn't gotten much better.

really you could watch the first few episodes of season 4, the last few, the first few of season 5, and the last few, and you wouldn't miss a lot. It is no DS9 or Babylon 5.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
wait... how can they send this kid into the future to "show" the scientists that you do not have to sacrifice emotions... if they send him to the future then they are sending him to a future where the observers are already here... forget all the paradox stuff about if it works etc... how can it work when those scientists are prolly dead now, or loyalists.

velk

Trakanon Raider
wait... how can they send this kid into the future to "show" the scientists that you do not have to sacrifice emotions... if they send him to the future then they are sending him to a future where the observers are already here... forget all the paradox stuff about if it works etc... how can it work when those scientists are prolly dead now, or loyalists.
The observers have demonstrated the ability to cross different timelines, presumably they plan to send the kid back to the original timeline.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It can't work period. Just like initiating a global invasion 150 years before the initial experiment that created your "race" wouldn't work. This episode was really bad, but the timeline stuff is horrible. Anyways, if/when it does work, Peter will never leave universeB, Fringe Division will never exist, and Walter (if he still gets committed) will never leave the mental institution. Peter and Olivia should have figured this out immediately, and realized that they won't get their daughter back. Wouldn't be so bad, if say, the initial experiment had occurred before the invasion and if September hadn't distracted Walternate that day. Also didn't like the retcon of "The boy is important, he must live." Ugh.

Was hoping "the plan" was to build some sort of device that would send out a pulse that would fry Observer implants.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Peter will die if the future changes. Septembers whole purpose in approaching/helping Walter save kid Peter was to change the Observes view on emotions etc. So, if it works, motherfuckers will die.

Olle

Trakanon Raider
Peter will die if the future changes. Septembers whole purpose in approaching/helping Walter save kid Peter was to change the Observes view on emotions etc. So, if it works, motherfuckers will die.
Exactly the same i told my wife watching last ep 2 days ago. :)

adamwarlock

Trakanon Raider
Just started watching this series in reruns on the Science channel. I kept hearing how good it was but did not want to jump in halfway through. I am really enjoying it so far, seems like it will only get weirder.