Fringe

Silence_sl

shitlord
I wish this was never cancelled.

Season 3 is sweet...the "four" Olivias is an awesome idea. Olivia, Fauxlivia, Olivia turned into Fauxlivia via memory transplant, and Fauxlivia being an imposter to Oliva in our world.

Torv is such hotness.

spronk

FPS noob
shes lezzing out in a new HBO show next year, "Open". also Walt is going to be the show Sleepy Hollow, which is pretty good so far

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished watching it all. Here are my impressions.

Overall, the casting and acting were very good. All the actors had good chemistry together. Each had their own quirks and personalties and it was just fun to watch. Having to play "double" roles in S3 also showed how good they were, especially Olivia and Astrid.

As for the show itself, it started out great. The first two seasons were very, very good. I looked forward to each new episode. Season 3 was when it started to fade for me. While I thought the acting was great, I just really, really disliked Fauxlivia, and I disliked it even more how they tried to remove the real Olivia at the start. Come Season 4 and the return of a rehashed villain everyone had forgotten about (or two, depending on how you look at it) and you felt that the writers had stopped making an effort. I would never have finished Season 5 had I not been watching with someone who wanted to finish it. I really, really disliked the Observers. Well, I loved the original concept of the observers from the earlier episodes, I disliked how they were turned into superhuman villains. The whole season had that element of depression that so many cancelled shows that still have some episodes left to make have. The only way they could have fixed it was if when Peter put the Observer tech in him he had completely turned into one of them and they through some McGuffin plot element found out he would create the rest of the Observers thereby completing some time loop or whatever. But yeah, having the final episode be some sort of Dallas dream moment where all is returned to normal. Yeah, that was lame.

For those who like Sci-Fi and X-files type stuff, I'd recommend the first 2-3 series, but quit while you're ahead.

spronk

FPS noob
no reboot or anything (although I'm sure that'll happen some day) but all 5 seasons are up on HBO Max. Just watched a bit of episode 1, such a great show and Anna Torv is a hottie

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
no reboot or anything (although I'm sure that'll happen some day) but all 5 seasons are up on HBO Max. Just watched a bit of episode 1, such a great show and Anna Torv is a hottie

I re-binged this for like the fourth time a couple months ago. Great cast all around, but Walter Bishop IMO is one of best written and acted characters of all time. Torv is definitely a hottie, but my fave scene with her will always be when she's channeling Nimoy when Bell is in her head.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Walter is definitely one of my all time favorite tv chars.

walter-bishop-fringe.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I loved this when it first aired but at some point stopped watching and never knew where to restart from.

Counterpart is a very similar premise and worth watching.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since this thread got the necro treatment I will add that Fringe is now on HBO Max. Imma have to watch this again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think I watched this shit like 2x now. I purchased all the seasons from Amazon. This shit is great and reminds me of xfiles but with a more future sci-fi take.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was a fun show, I have a broken leg and stuck in bed so after I finish Yellowstone I'm putting this on

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is probably one of the last great network TV shows. Is there anything good nowadays on non-cable channels?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is probably one of the last great network TV shows. Is there anything good nowadays on non-cable channels?

I am convinced that almost no one really watches network shows anymore since they are all so formulaic and bland. The closest thing to Fringe in the last 10 years is Blacklist.....and it isn't even close to as weird, tense, and just plain watchable. Also, every twist can be seen from a mile away and nothing is realistic. The closest thing to House is the show with the autistic doctor. The closest thing to NYPD Blues is Chicago PD. See where I'm going? Network TV has abandoned any chance at being racy, boundary pushing, or innovative because the cable and premium TV shows are no holds barred.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is probably the last good thing JJ Abrams made too.

It was boundary pushing. This is 2008 and the main character is solving problems using an isolation tank and making his own psychedelic drugs. I didn't hear about these concepts again until (no lie) Joe Rogan was talking about him on his podcast more than a decade later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I kinda wish Abrams stuck to TV and made more shit like this and Lost. Especially now when all this money is thrown at shows like this coming out of Netflix, HBO, Amazon and the like. Plus there seems to be a big resurgence of Sci-fi/fantasy these days like in no other time. Im hoping he goes back to "TV" but unfortunately I dont think he will because of the big movie moneys.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't remember, does this show go to shit? I barely remember anything after the multiverse stuff