Frozen 2 (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Elsa is a fucking villain. First she summons a snow golem on her own sister, then she ice-deathrays her. And then she still tells her to fuck off and die. Complete psychopath.
She's the strongest argument as to why witch burning as a general notion was not that bad an idea.
shes not a witch, shes a fucking god. dealing with witches is easy, don't cross little old ladies, don't take their fucking apples and throw out your broom and buy a fucking roomba and you good. elsa created fucking life

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
shes not a witch, shes a fucking god. dealing with witches is easy, don't cross little old ladies, don't take their fucking apples and throw out your broom and buy a fucking roomba and you good. elsa created fucking life
Is this fanfic or the reveal of Frozen 2? I didn't watch it when my daughter watched it just now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is this fanfic or the reveal of Frozen 2? I didn't watch it when my daughter watched it just now.
Lanx is correct, Elsa created sentient life in the first movie, Olaf. a witch can make zombies do her bidding, but they're still zombies. Elsa didnt even make Olaf with any difficulty. just with a wave of her hand.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for what it's worth, i don't know if you guys all know this or not... but elsa WAS originally the villain. the story is based on "the snow queen" and in that story, the chick who controls ice magic is a villain. they just... decided half way through, i think, that it was a little too dark (which is nonsense. secret of nymn, watership down, etc) and so they fundamentally changed elsa's character to it is now. that's why the rando prince that turns out to be a villain doesn't ACTUALLY make sense under any modicum of scrutiny.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
for what it's worth, i don't know if you guys all know this or not... but elsa WAS originally the villain. the story is based on "the snow queen" and in that story, the chick who controls ice magic is a villain. they just... decided half way through, i think, that it was a little too dark (which is nonsense. secret of nymn, watership down, etc) and so they fundamentally changed elsa's character to it is now. that's why the rando prince that turns out to be a villain doesn't ACTUALLY make sense under any modicum of scrutiny.

I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to post a captain obvious pic, or to quote the last person who pointed out that Elsa is the villain in the original story.

frozen was absolutely a fluke. it's the snow queen, except like, half way through production they changed the story so that elsa isn't the villain. that's why the real villain feels off. he's not particularly consistent throughout the story. like, it works. he's serviceable but when he turns out to be a bad guy it's sort of a headscratcher based on what he had already done so far.

i'm not saying little girls shouldn't love it. it's a fine movie, it's just that what made frozen special is that it was sort of a breath of fresh air. if you try to add more story to it, it waters down what makes it special. it is literally the exact same issue with the incredibles (though incredibles was SO MUCH BETTER than frozen). it's a great movie that stands up on it's own. as soon as you add a sequel, the sequel itself is "meh" no matter what you do with it.

Hmm.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to post a captain obvious pic, or to quote the last person who pointed out that Elsa is the villain in the original story.

Hmm.

hmm. listen, i don't know if you guys were aware, but elsa was originally a villain.

also... i BARELY read other people's posts... you expect me to read my own?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Incredibles 2 had the problem of trying to pick up immediately after the second movie. Frozen sequel at least did a 3 years later jump but still fell back into an origin story / past comes back to haunt plot instead of advancing forward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user