Frozen 2 (2019)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Frozen was a mediocre to ok movie propped up by how epic Idina Menzel was

Yeah. The movie sucks ass imo, but moms and their kids love singing this shit. We went to a kids indoor playground thing today that had Disney songs as their playlist. My wife was singing one of the frozen songs and as I’m looking around I commented I could see three other moms singing along. The songs from that movie are going to end up being timeless.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
frozen was absolutely a fluke. it's the snow queen, except like, half way through production they changed the story so that elsa isn't the villain. that's why the real villain feels off. he's not particularly consistent throughout the story. like, it works. he's serviceable but when he turns out to be a bad guy it's sort of a headscratcher based on what he had already done so far.

i'm not saying little girls shouldn't love it. it's a fine movie, it's just that what made frozen special is that it was sort of a breath of fresh air. if you try to add more story to it, it waters down what makes it special. it is literally the exact same issue with the incredibles (though incredibles was SO MUCH BETTER than frozen). it's a great movie that stands up on it's own. as soon as you add a sequel, the sequel itself is "meh" no matter what you do with it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
frozen was absolutely a fluke. it's the snow queen, except like, half way through production they changed the story so that elsa isn't the villain. that's why the real villain feels off. he's not particularly consistent throughout the story. like, it works. he's serviceable but when he turns out to be a bad guy it's sort of a headscratcher based on what he had already done so far.

i'm not saying little girls shouldn't love it. it's a fine movie, it's just that what made frozen special is that it was sort of a breath of fresh air. if you try to add more story to it, it waters down what makes it special. it is literally the exact same issue with the incredibles (though incredibles was SO MUCH BETTER than frozen). it's a great movie that stands up on it's own. as soon as you add a sequel, the sequel itself is "meh" no matter what you do with it.
Doesn't matter. It will still make a billion in the theatre plus the billions from merch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the boyfriend's song was pretty funny, it wasnt great, but the 80s cheese factor made me smile. and yeah Frozen was a goddamned huge movie, it warped little girls minds across the planet. no fucking idea why.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tangled is still better than Frozen but for some reason it flew under the radar. Neglected by Disney, released at a bad time, most parents never heard of it, or something. My daughters love Tangled a lot more than Frozen. I tried to put on Frozen before seeing #2 and they yelled at me. Frozen #1 doesn't really appeal to them at all.

However, they can watch Olaf's Frozen Christmas 1000x and still be happy.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Frozen was an OK movie with some of the best songs in a disney movie in quite awhile. Definitely more than just Let it Go, off the top of my head Olaf’s song about summer and the troll song about them being fixer uppers were good.

Definitely agree that Tangled was a better movie, but didn’t have that one song that could stand alone outside of the movie.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Tangled is still better than Frozen but for some reason it flew under the radar. Neglected by Disney, released at a bad time, most parents never heard of it, or something. My daughters love Tangled a lot more than Frozen. I tried to put on Frozen before seeing #2 and they yelled at me. Frozen #1 doesn't really appeal to them at all.

Haha I love the internet. A bunch of bros comparing kids movies! I totally agree about Tangled being great. The evil "mother" is absolutely fantastic, and always love the scene where Rapunzel and Flynn (?) are in that village and the music starts playing, etc. Just great. Also I really enjoy Moana too.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
idk, I liked Frozen, I liked that they didn't go a more traditional route with the protagonist/antagonist. The side effect is yeah, Hans doesn't feel super important to the story. Moana is fucking great, Tangled was good but very Disney paint by numbers princess movie. Of the 3, Moana is probably my favorite, but the kids worship Elsa like a motherfucking old one. I've managed to put off seeing the second Frozen until this coming weekend.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
idk, I liked Frozen, I liked that they didn't go a more traditional route with the protagonist/antagonist. The side effect is yeah, Hans doesn't feel super important to the story. Moana is fucking great, Tangled was good but very Disney paint by numbers princess movie. Of the 3, Moana is probably my favorite, but the kids worship Elsa like a motherfucking old one. I've managed to put off seeing the second Frozen until this coming weekend.

Suggestion: bring a flask full of your favorite alcohol, and pour it in your drink. Will make it better.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My 4 yo daughter’s favorite movie is Moana, so I’ve seen it a few times. It’s a good movie for sure but it bothers me that the fucking ocean could have just done everything in a few minutes.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The music in 2 is nowhere as good as in 1. which is probably why 1 was so popular. Im a Moana boy myself, love the music, love the Rock, love Polynesia and love LMM.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Agreed, Into the Unknown is all I came away remembering having just seen this, literally was walking out of the theater humming 'Reindeer are Better Than people' from the first movie.

The movie itself though I thought was solid (as expected), and the kids of course loved it.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I feel kinda strange being a man in his 40's cosigning on Moana being a fun movie to watch. God help me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no need to be shamed, Tangled, Frozen 1 and 2 are all John Lasseter films, Lasseter is Pixar and these movies are all state of the art CGI.

spronk

FPS noob
took visiting kids to see this, the story is completely incoherent and feels like it was written by an AI. I'd want to say its "woke" bullshit but its so badly done I'm not sure if it even makes any sense. In the 80s and 90s male writers would use magical black men (Will Smith, Morgan Freeman) to teach young white people about life in movies, somehow in the last few years white women writers I guess have morphed that to magical vaguely ethnic brown "in touch with nature" people instead and this movie is full of that.

There's nothing bad in here but its just not interesting in any way, I almost got in a good nap twice but then some asshole on screen would start singing really, really loud. I really understand why Olaf plays a big part in these movies though, afterwards the kids could not tell me a goddamn thing about the story other than everything Olaf did, he is the kid magnet center of these.

If you have any 1-12 year olds you are gonna get dragged to see it this holiday, its at least short and bland. Nothing that will turn your daughter into a lesbian tranny, at best she'll want to adopt a pet salamander.

No short before the movie either.

Siliconemelons

Tangled is a 999% better movie than Frozen 1 or 2.

Just saw it today, meh.

They had a decent hero's journey set up, and then... all the sacrifice all the trial... just...fell flat.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Also...yeah...not spoilering this...

All this set up to // the first movie and have "love" be the 5th element...but no, it's some random wt handwave

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Frozen II leads to mass machete wielding madness in the UK!

Well kinda.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha I love the internet. A bunch of bros comparing kids movies! I totally agree about Tangled being great. The evil "mother" is absolutely fantastic, and always love the scene where Rapunzel and Flynn (?) are in that village and the music starts playing, etc. Just great. Also I really enjoy Moana too.

This is why you can't go too crazy about opinions here on this particular movie. I would imagine a bunch of mostly middle aged men isn't the target audience. Apparently the kids like it though and Disney continues to print money with it.

Walt Disney Animation's Frozen 2 created a global blizzard in its box office debut, grossing an estimated $130 million in North America and $228.2 million internationally for a worldwide start of $358.2 million.

• 1Like