Fuck Comcast

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
When I was with the in laws over Thanksgiving I got their Fios upgraded to Quantum or whatever the new platform is. They had the same dvr / router for like 8 years. The sales rep was actually pretty awesome. Day before Thanksgiving and he called me back three times with better and better offers until I finally agreed. He did say that next year they would no longer be Verizon Fios, that it was sold to another company. That's one reason he said he wasn't really worried about slashing their bill, since this new company would require new agreements and he had no idea what their pricing packages would be.

And I've really had nothing but good experience here with Comcast. Almost 100% uptime, fast customer service calls, 'free' speed bumps to keep up with competition like 105 mbps or something now.

But yeah, the pricing models and costs for most of them are butt rape bad and nonsense in 2015/16.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm sure there were a lot of families that had a nice holiday dinner with Hitler, too. Doesn't mean they aren't the devil.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
This is literally the same with every cable company. If you think Comcast is any better I wonder if you have had recent head trauma.
No, he's right that Comcast's actual technological offering trumps Charter and Time Warner. It's their customer service that makes them the absolute worst.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I guess it was never anything special when I had it. Paid for HD channels , paid DVR fee's etc etc. Same as literally every single cable company ever.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I live in the boonies and in three years I have never had a single problem with Charter. Data rate and latency are always good. We don't do cable tv anymore, though. Sling and Amazon are all we need.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No, he's right that Comcast's actual technological offering trumps Charter and Time Warner. It's their customer service that makes them the absolute worst.
I mean this is basically the benevolent dictator argument, though. Just because he doesn't beat you quite as much doesn't make them a good company.

Personally, I have never had anything but problems with them from CS to techs to installers to service quality. Between Comcast, Time Warner and Cox the only ones that haven't sucked complete ass have been Cox.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I mean this is basically the benevolent dictator argument, though. Just because he doesn't beat you quite as much doesn't make them a good company.

Personally, I have never had anything but problems with them from CS to techs to installers to service quality. Between Comcast, Time Warner and Cox the only ones that haven't sucked complete ass have been Cox.
i guess im in the minority, after comcasts original fuck up when i got their tv/internet they have been nothing but fucking awesome for me. 118 bucks for 105mb internet and their mid tier package with their sports package and a year of hbo.

X1 does go out at times and its got its issues, but internet hardly EVER goes out and if it does its for like 15-20 min. Right now, it would be hard for me to switch to anything else.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i guess im in the minority, after comcasts original fuck up when i got their tv/internet they have been nothing but fucking awesome for me. 118 bucks for 105mb internet and their mid tier package with their sports package and a year of hbo.

X1 does go out at times and its got its issues, but internet hardly EVER goes out and if it does its for like 15-20 min.Right now, it would be hard for me to switch to anything else.
Probably impossible. Why do you think that is? lol

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Charter internet is rock solid by the sounds of it. It's actually pretty hard to have shitty physically wired internet these days. That's great. But their DVR tech looks like it's a decade old and their interface sucks. It's obnoxious to navigate, search functions suck, etc. Their on demand is absolutely shitty (at least what's currently available where I'm staying, but I don't see why it would be different when I get a place across town). Much of what IS available seems to be in SD. And, even if I could ignore that, their 'fine print' language is obnoxiously out-dated. It's not even super tricky shit like DirecTV; it's just basically bullshit that takes advantage of old people and pisses off the rest of us.

Their 'compared to DirecTV' is offensive. Like they advertise 'free DVR service' which is a bullshit charge anyhow, but then 'compared to DirecTV' and they actually list DirecTVs DRV lease fees. So it seems really great, but wait, Charter's fees for having 2 TVs hooked up is substantially more than DirecTV, and with better tech, more on demand, etc.

Comcast is the devil, but had solid tech and good service so didn't have to blatantly lie and mislead people (they were just assholes later when you had service or billing issues). Charter seem like they're just so old-fashioned and clueless they don't know better. I don't trust a heavily tech-based service industry that seems so far behind the times AND seems to be shady fucks despite having a monopoly business where they wouldn't have to be.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I've had charter for about 15 years now and no complaints. I torrent like a madman and stream netflix all day for my kids and probably use 700GB-1TB a month and never a peep out of them. I wish my upload was a little faster but whatever. Obviously they're useless when you have a service outage, basically just have to wait until the actual techs fix whatever the problem is because they never talk to the phone people.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dl over a TB a month so when comcast put in their data caps i knew that the end times were near
frown.png

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Probably impossible. Why do you think that is? lol
Because im saving something like 500-600 a year by switching to comcast. I had direct tv from like august of 1998 (sunday ticket) until march of 2015.

I should have said there is no good reason for me to switch over to anything else. Unless i want to pay more money for less.

In my experience, directv ends up being cheaper. unfortunately im stuck in south florida with storms every day so I can't be out internet/tv every hour cuz of some rain so Im stuck with comcast myself.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I like my 30MB/s download speed but if there was a low data cap the speed is worthless... So yeah hopefully there are some rules put in like to make cap minimum be 50% of full usage if you were to max it 24/7 or some ratio to make it fair.