Funeral arrangements?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I want people to rejoice in the happiness that I tried every day to spread while on this earth.

Does that mean your password will be in your will and everyone will be instructed to get drunk then come here and shitpost on your account?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Does that mean your password will be in your will and everyone will be instructed to get drunk then come here and shitpost on your account?

Hadn't thought of that, but yes. Yes.

Then again, that assume my goal here is to spread happyness, as opposed to simply amuse myself.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Wow, "Just smoke a pack of cigarettes and put the ashes in an urn and call it me, I don't care" He must have had a great meaningful life.

iannis

Musty Nester
My dad has always told me to just roll him into the ditch. I'm going to try to have enough foresight to die in one, at least.

I'll be crawling out of the hospital going for the road when they get me.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sat down and made up my mind. Gonna be lazy. Buried in the family/community cemetary that's been there since before TX was TX. I think <50 people are buried there. Probably closer to 25. No funeral. Never been big on funerals. I know they're for the other people never been a fan. Oh well.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I went to a redneck funeral a couple weeks ago. The first song was "When I get where I'm goin" by Brad Paisley which is a standard funeral song around here. Then they played "Eastbound and Down" from Smokey and the Bandit and I was just thinking that was an odd song to play at a funeral, but then they blew it away by playing "Convoy" by C. W. McCall, full length, complete with all the CB talking. Fucking guy wasn't even a truck driver.

• 2Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm old fashioned. Have the chior sing amazing grace and call it good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are you supposed to come back as a skeleton warrior or zombie to terrorize the living if you are cremated? You gotta consider these things.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Told the fiance just leave me at the hospital and don't claim the body. The idea of spending any cash burying or cremating seems like such a waste. Trust me, I'll not care - I'll be dead. Rather my son have that much more money is his pocket.

But since I know that won't work, I'll end up being cremated.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Told the fiance just leave me at the hospital and don't claim the body. The idea of spending any cash burying or cremating seems like such a waste. Trust me, I'll not care - I'll be dead. Rather my son have that much more money is his pocket.

But since I know that won't work, I'll end up being cremated.

Consider that your son would likely appreciate the ability to visit your resting site at some point. I hold the same views as you, but I still visit my father's grave (urn burial) which is in a really nice spot overlooking my town. It helps me connect with my memories of him. The burial isn't about you, it's about them.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Throw me in the nearest most convenient ditch and forget I ever existed.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If your concern is having your family paying for the funeral cost, you may as well skip both and have them sell your body to a scientist. At least then they'd make enough money to buy a car you could then come back and haunt

Borzak

I know this sounds odd and nobody but me will care. Talked to the guy who takes care of the cemetery. I knew it was right on the line of the national forest. It's the line of what they are authorized to have and along the border it's not a straight line of what is actual NF property. Anyway the guy told me the burial site for me and my parents are the only 3 that are on the side of the authorized national forest line. Looked on my maps and he's right. Kinda cool to me. Be buried on the Angelina National forest I worked on for a while. Nobody in the world will know lol.

• 2Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I know this sounds odd and nobody but me will care. Talked to the guy who takes care of the cemetery. I knew it was right on the line of the national forest. It's the line of what they are authorized to have and along the border it's not a straight line of what is actual NF property. Anyway the guy told me the burial site for me and my parents are the only 3 that are on the side of the authorized national forest line. Looked on my maps and he's right. Kinda cool to me. Be buried on the Angelina National forest I worked on for a while. Nobody in the world will know lol.

I made sure I got my dad a plot facing horse pasture. I get it.:emoji_thumbsup:

• 1Like

Borzak

I made sure I got my dad a plot facing horse pasture. I get it.:emoji_thumbsup:

I was going to be buried at a rally small cemetary that was is in the middle of nowhere. Got there on a small 2 lane road that you had to pull over if a log truck was coming. Some of the graves had been there since before TX was a state. The state came in and changed the road. Added a big U in it by the cemetary and brought in a new road. First time I went there after the change I couldn't even find it and been there lots of times. Took my mother who is from the small community. She couldn't find it either. Eventually did, no longer wanted to be buried there lol. Totally ruined it. Still no traffice but they widened the road with shoulders that make it look like a pipeline with a road on top of it. Instead of a near dirt road to a community of 500 people.