lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nD8f0Uk.gif

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
not related:

tumblr_n28r3gNxZc1to0ezyo1_500.jpg
Disingenuous, that's a crumple zone in action. That collision was relatively low-speed from the looks of it, but at even moderate-low velocities seat belts (which definitely mitigate injuries) still cause pretty nasty collarbone fractures and abdominal bruising. Using crumple zones to spread an otherwise near-instantaneous deceleration out over a 1/50th or 1/100th of a second turns "severe but probably survivable" into "walk away with little more than freezer burn from airbags".

It sucks to have totaled a car because you followed too closely, but I'd take that kind of car any day over the battle wagons of yore that survived intact but needed your brain matter hosed out prior to resale.

car_safety.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disingenuous, that's a crumple zone in action. That collision was relatively low-speed from the looks of it, but at even moderate-low velocities seat belts (which definitely mitigate injuries) still cause pretty nasty collarbone fractures and abdominal bruising. Using crumple zones to spread an otherwise near-instantaneous deceleration out over a 1/50th or 1/100th of a second turns "severe but probably survivable" into "walk away with little more than freezer burn from airbags".

It sucks to have totaled a car because you followed too closely, but I'd take that kind of car any day over the battle wagons of yore that survived intact but needed your brain matter hosed out prior to resale.

car_safety.jpg
never mind that the Mercedes will still have a higher shop bill for the scratched rear bumper than getting a "new" beater car.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

car_safety.jpg
just because the Mercedes didn't total itself out over a fender bender doesn't mean it's poorly designed. I'm sure they've designed it to crumple at speeds that matter.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
+1, although id assume the dominate method of heat exchange in that setup would be radiative, no?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love how pranking has just turned into being an obnoxious cunt these days. Those fucking idiots that go into a grocery store and "slip" to smash gallons of milk need to be knocked the fuck out like that.
i just hope those fuckers break their necks and become paraplegic.
stupidest shit i have ever seen.not funny,not bold,not cute.....just part of the human race that, unfortunately, isn't extinct.for fuck sake natural selection...do your work!!

jJYdDvfNZemWL.png

1504117_724241010943215_2143303134_n.jpg

AlfPzIeFMbI.jpg