Funny, Strange, Random Pics

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
dxyQ2kU.gif

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Vaccines in general are good. Problem comes with the variants like the Swine Flu one in 2009 that was made to quickly react to a situation (that was blown out of proportion) and the vaccines bypass the normal testing regimes. I have all my vaccines, but when they offered that one at my work place I firmly told them that if it ended up being mandatory I would quit on the spot. Was no way in hell I would put that shit into my body.

So educating yourself on vaccines is a generally good idea. Not giving tried and tested vaccines for tuberculoses and such to your kids is downright stupid though.

Soon.... Good music again!
http://snopes.com/medical/swineflu/vaccine.asp

UvtX7wP.gif

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Um? Point being? That it didn't contain one harmful item? It had lots more mercury and other substances. A lot of countries, mine (Norway) included are giving out substantial amounts of money to people who were proven to be harmed by it. Everything from kids developing autism to people getting narcoleptic and ME (those three being the top ones).

Not something that is normally done with vaccines, but that one in particular is given because of the added harmful substances + bypassing normal governmental security protocols and being recommended by the government. Last two being the main reason why they could sue the government. Your own FDA (if you live in the us) also bypassed the normal regulations for that one vaccine.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Really? Do you have any citations for people actually developing autism as a direct result of a vaccination, or fucking NARCOLEPSY?

Or are you just Jenny McCarthy?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Really? Do you have any citations for people actually developing autism as a direct result of a vaccination, or fucking NARCOLEPSY?

Or are you just Jenny McCarthy?
There are doctors who say this. Stupid, ridiculous doctors who should be thrown out of a plane with this parachute.

QeQzze7.gif

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Um? Point being? That it didn't contain one harmful item? It had lots more mercury and other substances. A lot of countries, mine (Norway) included are giving out substantial amounts of money to people who were proven to be harmed by it. Everything from kids developing autism to people getting narcoleptic and ME (those three being the top ones).

Not something that is normally done with vaccines, but that one in particular is given because of the added harmful substances + bypassing normal governmental security protocols and being recommended by the government. Last two being the main reason why they could sue the government. Your own FDA (if you live in the us) also bypassed the normal regulations for that one vaccine.
I'm so grateful that I'm not this fucking stupid.

Jive Turkey

Karen

First off, the mercury in vaccines isn't the mercury you think you're talking about. Secondly, the amount of the kind of mercury in vaccines is miniscule to the type of mercury you think you're talking about that you ingest every single day. Third, the fact that you're spouting the autism bullshit shows you haven't read anything worthwhile on the safety of vaccines ever.

christine_vaccine_funny_sticker_name_decal__13668.jpg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You guys realize the difference between "vaccines" and the 2009 Pandremix vaccine right?

No idea about Mccarty? I googled her now and I am not going by her crusade, just going by Norwegian settlement cases alone (still in the papers here) as it is regarded as one of the most serious medical malpractices in modern history here. Especially considering that our oil fund was heavily invested in the stock company that produced the vaccine. So the government made money off it, while recommending it to citizens.

Saying that the Pandremix vaccine did not cause problems is going against medical facts at this point, though just to what degree can still be argued (the autism part being the most arguable). However, in the case of direct neurological disorders there are many a cases regarding that being proven and awarded so by courts of law.

So Suketh, your're not stupid. Just ignorant, as that is more the case of not knowing something. So now you know. EDIT: Numbers in Norway so far 548 people with registered "serious" side effects. The total number ofdifferentside effects of those people are 3247.

However it is going to take a long, long time to gather in enough data to determine what was a direct result, and what might be triggered responses. Also serious concerns of lingering effects, but that will be nearly impossible to argue in a court. But people who had no issues, got the vaccine, and suddenly had neurological disorders are already winning court cases.

rrr_img_75454.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys realize the difference between "vaccines" and the 2009 Pandremix vaccine right?

No idea about Mccarty? I googled her now and I am not going by her crusade, just going by Norwegian settlement cases alone (still in the papers here) as it is regarded as one of the most serious medical malpractices in modern history here. Especially considering that our oil fund was heavily invested in the stock company that produced the vaccine. So the government made money off it, while recommending it to citizens.

Saying that the Pandremix vaccine did not cause problems is going against medical facts at this point, though just to what degree can still be argued (the autism part being the most arguable). However, in the case of direct neurological disorders there are many a cases regarding that being proven and awarded so by courts of law.

So Suketh, your're not stupid. Just ignorant, as that is more the case of not knowing something. So now you know. EDIT: Numbers in Norway so far 548 people with registered "serious" side effects. The total number ofdifferentside effects of those people are 3247.

However it is going to take a long, long time to gather in enough data to determine what was a direct result, and what might be triggered responses. Also serious concerns of lingering effects, but that will be nearly impossible to argue in a court. But people who had no issues, got the vaccine, and suddenly had neurological disorders are already winning court cases.

rrr_img_75454.jpg
wikipedian_protester.png

I'm not saying court cases haven't been won but winning court cases based on bullshit isn't exactly new and certainly doesn't prove vaccines are harming people. As monumental proof of this just look at how we havecollegesbased around teaching Homeopathy as actual medicine and it is protected by our own laws.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

To be fair to you, that particular vaccine "Pandremix" does seem to have some issues. That one was never given in the US. From what I'm reading, the only consequences of it so far seems to be narcolepsy, and it seems to have raised the risk of narcolepsy by 3.6 cases per 100,000 individuals. Which isn't much.

rrr_img_75461.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm not saying court cases haven't been won but winning court cases based on bullshit isn't exactly new and certainly doesn't prove vaccines are harming people. As monumental proof of this just look at how we havecollegesbased around teaching Homeopathy as actual medicine and it is protected by our own laws.
Silicone breast implants are another example of millions of dollars being awarded in lawsuits over bullshit.
Breast Implant Chronology | Breast Implants On Trial | FRONTLINE | PBS

rrr_img_75462.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Everytime stupid parents stop vaccines because of a health scare, they are soon forced to back down a few years later when children start dying of measles.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well full disclosure for me. I work for the Norwegian government, so I've seen the actual medical files of people who have claimed such things. Everything from ME and onwards.

Getting settlements in court cases in Norway (on medical issues) is also a hell of a lot harder in Norway than in the US. Out of the 500+ I mentioned earlier, only 50 or so have won so far, while 90 or so are still being processed, while some have been dismissed, are in appeal, or still under investigation. ME for instance is a diagnosis of exclusion, which is only granted after everything else has been ruled out. Takes several years to get a certain diagnoses, hence why still is an issue, because it isn't just a case of getting a needle in your arm and "oh I am sick now".

As to along with some negs, I got a grey rep now from someone who mentioned a CDC link, so

CDC - CDC Statement on Discontinued Use of Pandemrix Influenza Vaccine in Europe - Vaccine Safety

That is regarding the narcoleptic part (neurological disorder). There are also studies being done now on auto immune diseases linked to that vaccine as well. Problems with the vaccine is well known, so I found it odd that people argued against it here, as I was specific about that one vaccine. I thought it was well known that both the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) and FDA bypassed their normal safety standards for it. Which is why I was skeptical. Including the fact that doctors I associated with at work did not want the vaccine, but rather tried to get it naturally and developing antibodies that way than take the actual vaccine.

Annie (7) måtte få cellegift etter svineinfluensa-vaksine - Sverige - VG

Above is a link to a girl getting chemo treatments to get better from the vaccine.

Point being, I've personally seen actual medical documents regarding that vaccine, so people posting snopes "false" claims or saying I am retarded in negs just make me roll my eyes regarding the topic of this particular vaccine.

Unrelated nice car.

rrr_img_75468.jpg