Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Sqyds

Molten Core Raider
Why does a massive oil rig so close to land/city seem so weird to me. I just always picture them out in the north sea with nothing but.. well sea around them for miles. Ive traveled alot in my time, but I honestly cant remember ever seeing an oil rig in a civilized area. I'd hate the idea of having to live or work right beside a big dirty oil rig, and Ive no idea why :/
They tow it out to sea.

rrr_img_98208.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why does a massive oil rig so close to land/city seem so weird to me. I just always picture them out in the north sea with nothing but.. well sea around them for miles. Ive traveled alot in my time, but I honestly cant remember ever seeing an oil rig in a civilized area. I'd hate the idea of having to live or work right beside a big dirty oil rig, and Ive no idea why :/
It's the diversion oil rig used to lure retarded hippies and their protests.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Considering how little of oil production is used to make plastics, I would say the irony is pretty limited.
Made by machines lubricated by oil products.
Delivered by trucks fuels by oil products.

Slaying Sizzilla is just what I do.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Made by machines lubricated by oil products.
Delivered by trucks fuels by oil products.

Slaying Sizzilla is just what I do.
He's dead, Jim. Also not to mention that aggregate global usage doesn't imply anything about how much of the kayak they are sitting is made of oil.

PlasticsEurope_sl said:
- How plastic is made - PlasticsEurope
Plastic pellets are fed from a hopper into an extruder. Plastics are derived from organic products.
The materials used in the production of plastics are natural products such as cellulose, coal, natural gas, saltand, of course, crude oil.
Crude oil is a complex mixture of thousands of compounds.
rrr_img_98213.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Aren't kayaks typically made of fiberglass?

edit: Internets tell me that basically only the good ones are fiberglass, the shitty cheap ones are plastic. WELL THEN.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Aren't kayaks typically made of fiberglass?

edit: Internets tell me that basically only the good ones are fiberglass, the shitty cheap ones are plastic. WELL THEN.
That would explain why they all act like something crawled up their asses and died. Fiberglass is evil evil shit.