The Nozz_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_124513.jpg
rrr_img_124538.jpg

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Controllers for PC do not exist at all =\
Exactly why I bought a Steam Link and controller. Works great on cat5e.
Late reply sorry, haven't read thread in a few.

I really didn't know controllers for PC existed lol (Roast me, that's okay) I guess I didn't know because I didn't think it'd be necessary??? (either that or I don't hang out enough at gamestop during my lunch break) Feels like someone telling me "Wait, you didn't know that skateboardscancome equipped with brakes?" Well, NO, I didn't... why would they need brakes?

More to the point, guess my thing is: My PC is hooked up to a monitor that I sit close to. My console is hooked up to a very large flat-screen TV at the other end of my bedroom. Like my OP states, if I want to actually relax, I'll lay in bed and game a bit on console, but gaming on a PC is different because I'm both in a chair and the feel of a mouse/keys is a nice contrast to a controller when I'm in the mood for that kind of gaming (usually 1st person stuff). Again, point is: I like both PC and consoles equally for different reasons; no need to shit on consoles... they're easy and fun.

My question is: Is hooking up a PC to a television and gaming with a controller while on the couch or in bed more common than I think? If so... wow. That seems like a headache to even configure? Everyone I've ever known in my life just does consoles to a TV and PC to a monitor lol. Not going to lie... seems really nerdy any other way, but hey... When in Rome.........

rrr_img_124544.jpg

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Late reply sorry, haven't read thread in a few.

I really didn't know controllers for PC existed lol (Roast me, that's okay) I guess I didn't know because I didn't think it'd be necessary??? (either that or I don't hang out enough at gamestop during my lunch break) Feels like someone telling me "Wait, you didn't know that skateboardscancome equipped with brakes?" Well, NO, I didn't... why would they need brakes?

More to the point, guess my thing is: My PC is hooked up to a monitor that I sit close to. My console is hooked up to a very large flat-screen TV at the other end of my bedroom. Like my OP states, if I want to actually relax, I'll lay in bed and game a bit on console, but gaming on a PC is different because I'm both in a chair and the feel of a mouse/keys is a nice contrast to a controller when I'm in the mood for that kind of gaming (usually 1st person stuff). Again, point is: I like both PC and consoles equally for different reasons; no need to shit on consoles... they're easy and fun.

My question is: Is hooking up a PC to a television and gaming with a controller while on the couch or in bed more common than I think? If so... wow. That seems like a headache to even configure? Everyone I've ever known in my life just does consoles to a TV and PC to a monitor lol. Not going to lie... seems really nerdy any other way, but hey... When in Rome.........
It's not all that difficult to set up a few emulators on a PC. Once it's configured, you're good to go for the future. I play a lot of older stuff on mine. Everything from NES onward. Small house so my TV is actually close enough to my PC setup to just run an HDMI cord to it. Plug in a controller, start the game up, go to the couch.

As for the nerdy comment...

pot-and-kettle.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As far as I know, it's very common. I do it. Most modern games are brought out to all three systems, so just grab an Xbox 360 or One controller (Most are now just USBs, at least my 360 is). Outputting to TV is simple, too.

As others have said, if you want to really open up the library you load up some emulators ect, that can get more complex but it is still very easy. However, most games that release on multiple platforms have controller support on PC. (And even games that don't are now rolling out with it on PC for at least the steam controller. I've heard the thing is a beast to learn but pretty awesome once you do.)

rrr_img_124546.jpg

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I have a Asus Rog Laptop and been using this usb wireless plug for a while and it's pretty awesome. Next thing I want is an Elite Xbox one controller to replace my curent Xbox one controller but I can't find any and they are pretty much all sold out.

rrr_img_124547.jpg

Noob

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_124544.jpg
HDMI-cable or wireless via Chromecast.

rrr_img_124613.jpg

Der Don

Molten Core Raider
Still going on? Said it a couple times already. You are seriously out of touch with PC gaming.

Yes, I can play console exclusive games on my PC. Emulators and roms. Plug in a controller. Good to go.

Grow up... Just mad because you can't afford the upfront cost of a PC. But I guarantee you have spent as much money on your console and games as would be needed for a good PC.
please show me how you want to emulate ps3/ps4/xb360/xbone/wii u ...... still waitin' .....
rrr_img_124615.jpg

rrr_img_124616.jpg

rrr_img_124617.jpg

rrr_img_124618.jpg

rrr_img_124619.jpg

rrr_img_124620.jpg