Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When did Bill Cosby go walleyed (or get a glass eye or w/e)?

rrr_img_31043.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've got a good buddy that I play mmo's with and have hung out irl a few times. Dude does all sort of spreadsheeting and theorycraft. Has a ridiculously sharp analytic and strategic mind when it comes to games. He manages a fucking pet store for a pittance. The guy could have a bangass job and hasn't stepped one foot in college and is nearing 30. One of the smartest guys around and he just wont' fucking apply himself.

GIS for "apply yourself son." Somewhat fitting...what? Not because he's black.

rrr_img_30915.jpg
What do you want to know? Of the guys I graduated with, the only ones having trouble getting jobs are the dumbasses that refuse to look outside SoCal. The ones that did internships pretty much all had jobs waiting for them. Then it's just a question of what do you want to do...hardware, software, government work. As long as you have projects and work from your internship that you can reference when answering interview questions, you'll be fine.

rrr_img_31018.jpg
I'm not too worried about getting a job because I've been working at a Fortune 500 company writing firmware for the past year, I guess mostly not sure what to expect for pay. I live around Boston so there's a ton of opportunities for engineers.

I'm of the mind that barring any mental disorders, any sane human could get an engineering degree, just most people aren't willing to give up sleep to make it happen. I think I sleep 2 hours a night during semesters.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm not too worried about getting a job because I've been working at a Fortune 500 company writing firmware for the past year, I guess mostly not sure what to expect for pay. I live around Boston so there's a ton of opportunities for engineers.

I'm of the mind that barring any mental disorders, any sane human could get an engineering degree, just most people aren't willing to give up sleep to make it happen. I think I sleep 2 hours a night during semesters.
Average starting salary for a Computer Engineer was around 60-70k last I checked. That varies based on where you live. I started a little below that because cost of living in Austin is lower. That's for a Fortune 10 company...I have a friend working for Xilinx that is probably making more than me, but it's in Northern California. I'd rather make a few grand less and live here.
I don't have any friends out on the east coast, so I'd only be guessing, but that 60-70k should be a good guideline.

Also, I worked as a math and science tutor for 3 years...most people can't get an engineering degree. Plenty of people out there that have a hard time doing factoring, let alone integration. A lot more could if they put in the kind of time you're talking about (and they passed a lot of people in my graduating class that I wouldn't hire), but after my time as a tutor, I can't agree that it's only a matter of working hard.

rrr_img_31049.jpg