<Bronze Donator>
54ufd6n8fwr31.jpg

• 12Mother of God
  • 7Like
  • 4Quality Calories
Reactions: 28 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It also uses a shit ton of energy, so it's more economical for docking bays when you need to unload a ton of people or cargo. Also, a lot of religious diplomats refuse to be transported. It's a security risk, too, though, since transporters filter harmful shit and deactivate weaponry.

I'd also assume you'd be able to undock while the shields are up during an attack. It's also Cardassian, so who knows how reliable their shit was.

View attachment 226225

An excerpt from "This Book is Full of Spiders Seriously Dude Don't Touch It" by David Wong

thisbookisfull.png

it's pretty good!

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
An excerpt from "This Book is Full of Spiders Seriously Dude Don't Touch It" by David Wong

View attachment 226289

it's pretty good!
Unfortunately this is wrong, but I'm assuming there's some lead-in before this that would make me understand the joke at the end that I'm missing...

First it would be impossible to assume that there would be every single type of molecule or element that makes up a human body at any one location. Second, the disassembly doesn't just disseminate into the ship like they're all standing in thousands of people's dust clouds. That's ridiculous. Third, it's not a copy, matter is converted into energy, teleported, and a reassembly of the original atoms, molecules, and even some argue the soul, katra, quantum mental pattern. It's all the original you. You could say you're dead during the process and resurrected on reconstruction, but it's still all the original parts.

Below is a pic of my nerdiest of nerd collection of Star Trek related books.

The Physics of Star Trek, Nitpickers Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Star Trek Visual Dictionary, Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual. Oh, an Beyond the Clouds, by Richard L. Jeffries, the brother after which the design and concept of the Jeffries tubes were named - which is a biography on the Jeffries family that leads into all of the designs and concepts behind the tech in the Original Series.

20191011_123315.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Unfortunately this is wrong, but I'm assuming there's some lead-in before this that would make me understand the joke at the end that I'm missing...

First it would be impossible to assume that there would be every single type of molecule or element that makes up a human body at any one location. Second, the disassembly doesn't just disseminate into the ship like they're all standing in thousands of people's dust clouds. That's ridiculous. Third, it's not a copy, matter is converted into energy, teleported, and a reassembly of the original atoms, molecules, and even some argue the soul, katra, quantum mental pattern. It's all the original you. You could say you're dead during the process and resurrected on reconstruction, but it's still all the original parts.

The Physics of Star Trek, Nitpickers Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Star Trek Visual Dictionary, Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual. Oh, an Beyond the Clouds, by Richard L. Jeffries, the brother after which the design and concept of the Jeffries tubes were named - which is a biography on the Jeffries family that leads into all of the designs and concepts behind the tech in the Original Series.

View attachment 226295

The dust on those shelves is disgusting and I KNOW YOU KNOW IT because of the marks left by moving things around on it.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Also, that original softcover Jurassic Park is HAWT.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That's just the dust from all the disassembled people who have gone through the transporter. No, but really it's like 2 years of dust and I really need to clean it up, but it's a pain in the ass moving all the stuff around. That's just two shelves out of 4 tall book shelves full of action figures and shit. Need to get some acrylic doors or something.

16-23.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 226295

"Does anything scare you, doctor? Anything irrational?"

And in universe even Broccoli was scared of the damned things and he was an engineer. Heck, the Will Riker/Thomas Riker transporter accident more closely fits the fax analogy. That was not one person reduced to bits, zipped to a location and put back together. Two beams doesn't give you two sets of atoms. Between all the different ways we see transporters used on top of the replicators and holodecks that share some of the technology I'd go everywhere in a shuttle.

Pictures!

1566002354565.jpg

1567726924142.jpg

1568330639705.jpg