lw12iii261t41.jpg
3rkuptx9das41.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it is the difference between waiting for him to wind down or the cops tasering him 50 times in 9 minutes till he dies i say let the drunk spin himself tired
View attachment 283778

See, you say that as someone who isn't on a quota <cough, cough> BONUS system; who doesn't do civil forfeiture; who didn't get into the job because they got fired from the walmart for anger issues; who didn't stay in the job once they realized it feeds their power trip. (one or more of these doesn't apply to EVERY cop, but they *DO* apply to enough of them).

But it's not all shitty bullies hiding behind a badge and a union. Many departments grew far slower than their coverage area, and get called for far more now than they ever did. Thus cutting into training time, into community outreach time, forcing cops to roll solo on the beat (thus depriving them of social interactions and 2nd sets of eyes in that crucial first impression window).

Even as an older white male (and I *know* I've gotten a pass or two because of what I am), I've never had a non-"head nod in passing" interaction with a cop that was positive. Even the tickets I got out of with just a warning STILL made me sweat, made me even later than I already was, etc etc. Not even when they've helped recover stolen property left a good impression (stolen motorcycle: after all the fucking paperwork, the months of not finding it, it ended up being found behind a shed in the same neighborhood trashed and thrashed. No-one was prosecuted.) Basic human psychology boils all this down to GUY WITH BADGE BAD! pretty easily.

It would basically mean doubling the police force, but I'm pretty convinced that every cop should be mandated to do an hour of outreach for every hour of "real" police work. Being available / visibly part of the community, having neutral or even positive interactions with people out in people's world would do both us and them a lot of good.

policing-for-profit-web_pdf__page_18_of_186_.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 7 users