Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Morn

Molten Core Raider
Did he say anything about how the drug was made/where he obtained it? How much he had used it? What was his history of drug use like? Would desomorphine be distinguishable from regular morphine in a drug test?

krokodil_drug_laboratory.jpg

137321894865.jpg

medium_c1fbe03c6351e26d43ff720c046e508b.jpg
He said that he'd only done it twice this month and that a friend of his had gotten. He was pretty out of it when i was questioning him about it. He claims to have been a heroin user off and on for quite a while. And yeah, it just popped as an opiate on our regular UDS, however that may just be regular heroin in his system, as he was quite a poor historian and admitted to all sorts of usage. I'm quite curious myself as to what was used to make it, I see all sorts of silly shit listed on the internet on what its made with, paint thinner, gas, etc...?

rrr_img_46297.jpg

Salshun_sl

shitlord
He said that he'd only done it twice this month and that a friend of his had gotten. He was pretty out of it when i was questioning him about it. He claims to have been a heroin user off and on for quite a while. And yeah, it just popped as an opiate on our regular UDS, however that may just be regular heroin in his system, as he was quite a poor historian and admitted to all sorts of usage. I'm quite curious myself as to what was used to make it, I see all sorts of silly shit listed on the internet on what its made with, paint thinner, gas, etc...?
Why in the fuck would anyone do this? You could tell me if I did this I'd feel like 10 million bucks for a year but their is a .000001% chance I might get gangrene and I'd laugh in your face then walk away. Shit man codeine in itself is fun enough from time to time. A couple beers, swallow of cough syrup, next day move on and go back to your life. I'm completely baffled this is even a thing. On the whole, it just makes me pity this kind of life in Russia. Shit must be crazy hard on you that you're risking your SKIN, literally, to take the pain away for a few hours.

But hey, by all means turn yourself into a cheeseburger.

Click the spoiler at your own risk.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Drugs suck. For people who don't do them. For the people who do? That shit is manna.

I've done my fair share of the harder shade of drugs, and I realize the inherent pull that accompanies them. Either way, anything that looks like necrosis as a side effect is right the fuck out with me. Not ok.
rrr_img_46298.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Those who abuse hard drugs generally look like shit, but they don't even begin to compare to krokodil users. I'm amazed that they are willing to take it even though the side effects seem to be well known at this point. Do drug dealers actually sell it as krokodil, or do they try to pawn it off as discount heroin?

rrr_img_46262.jpg
I will never understand the appeal of hard drugs. I have smoked my share of weed, and in turn that has put me in some situations I never want to be in again. For example, I went with a buddy to buy some once, and the guy selling it was smoking meth from an old light bulb. Once he hit the height of his high, he started picking the skin off his face. As a teenager, that was enough to cure me of my recreational weed habit.
If you want to understand why people would take a drug that makes your flesh rot, just look at this guy's face again:

137321894865.jpg

That, my friends, is pure, unadulterated despair. That is a man who has lived a horrible life and who knows that he will continue to live a horrible life, and is just hoping to numb the pain any way he can for as long as he can, a man for whom death is preferable to living without the drugs to buffer him from the world he exists in.

If you want to understand why people take this shit, look at where it first emerged. I mean codeine is just as easily available in most countries (USA is the exception in making it prescription-only), but the difference is that Russia has a) fucked up quality of life for a huge number of people, not many prospects, a lot of poverty with not a lot of help, and b) absolutely no attempt to help addicts, no needle exchanges, very few rehab beds (and those are in very harsh places, little better than prisons) and no methadone or buprenorphine opioid replacement therapy, c) a lot of heroin, but not, and this is important, a lot of cheap, affordable heroin.

These aren't kids who were bored one day and said 'I wanna try a drug that turns me into a zombie.' These are kids who had any hope of happiness ground out of them at a very early age, who turned to heroin because it was there and because it made them not care about how fucked up their life was, who ran out of the means to continue their habit but couldn't deal with the agony of withdrawal, let alone a return to the exact same sober life that had driven them to heroin in the first place, and reached a point where all they cared about was keeping that blanket of numb warmth firmly wrapped around them, at first there would be a lot of 'I'll only do it this once, to get high again for a few hours, surely once won't rot my arm off, and I'll find a way to afford some heroin in the morning,' involved, it wouldn't be an entirely conscious process, but eventually I'd imagine they just stop giving a fuck, as long as they can keep their high going and ignore the cold reality around them for another day.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
If you want to understand why people would take a drug that makes your flesh rot, just look at this guy's face again:

137321894865.jpg

That, my friends, is pure, unadulterated despair. That is a man who has lived a horrible life and who knows that he will continue to live a horrible life, and is just hoping to numb the pain any way he can for as long as he can, a man for whom death is preferable to living without the drugs to buffer him from the world he exists in.

If you want to understand why people take this shit, look at where it first emerged. I mean codeine is just as easily available in most countries (USA is the exception in making it prescription-only), but the difference is that Russia has a) fucked up quality of life for a huge number of people, not many prospects, a lot of poverty with not a lot of help, and b) absolutely no attempt to help addicts, no needle exchanges, very few rehab beds (and those are in very harsh places, little better than prisons) and no methadone or buprenorphine opioid replacement therapy, c) a lot of heroin, but not, and this is important, a lot of cheap, affordable heroin.

These aren't kids who were bored one day and said 'I wanna try a drug that turns me into a zombie.' These are kids who had any hope of happiness ground out of them at a very early age, who turned to heroin because it was there and because it made them not care about how fucked up their life was, who ran out of the means to continue their habit but couldn't deal with the agony of withdrawal, let alone a return to the exact same sober life that had driven them to heroin in the first place, and reached a point where all they cared about was keeping that blanket of numb warmth firmly wrapped around them, at first there would be a lot of 'I'll only do it this once, to get high again for a few hours, surely once won't rot my arm off, and I'll find a way to afford some heroin in the morning,' involved, it wouldn't be an entirely conscious process, but eventually I'd imagine they just stop giving a fuck, as long as they can keep their high going and ignore the cold reality around them for another day.
I'm not a user and it can be hard to empathize with the neighborhood meth-head but that shit was well said.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
rrr_img_46320.jpg

I absolutely loathe junkies after having my best friend die, needle in his arm, at 21 and having to experience numerous ones throughout the years. I do acknowledge and sympathize with how they got started and that their lives we're shitty before they even started using hard drugs. I don't feel sympathetic with the shitheads that they become but I recognize that there was a light in their lives that was blown out.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I guess if its a blanket of numbness and dont care, then they dont feel their skin rotting away until it wears off? but I mean fuck dude, seen the crazy pictures form russia, everyone on the internet with some sort of common sense has heard about it, and to do go ahead and do it here.. guess just the body craving that drug overpowering the common sense.

But as harsh as it is, I once read someone say about it, when it was in russia, "darwin's drug," i feel bad saying it, these people should get help but in the end they're causing themself to rott away, be amputee's and probably continue after that until death.

At 26, I can say I've never seen someone with a needle. Closest I've come to an addict was having an ex dump me for an "ex/recovering heroin addict" because it was "admirable" just to have her come back 2 months later syaing he flipped out, stole her perscription bottle with 40 bars of xanax, flip out and claim he hadnt seen the bottle, then start disappearing. Kinda was like well good luck, sorry to hear but karma's a bitch. peace

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
I guess if its a blanket of numbness and dont care, then they dont feel their skin rotting away until it wears off? but I mean fuck dude, seen the crazy pictures form russia, everyone on the internet with some sort of common sense has heard about it, and to do go ahead and do it here.. guess just the body craving that drug overpowering the common sense.

But as harsh as it is, I once read someone say about it, when it was in russia, "darwin's drug," i feel bad saying it, these people should get help but in the end they're causing themself to rott away, be amputee's and probably continue after that until death.

At 26, I can say I've never seen someone with a needle. Closest I've come to an addict was having an ex dump me for an "ex/recovering heroin addict" because it was "admirable" just to have her come back 2 months later syaing he flipped out, stole her perscription bottle with 40 bars of xanax, flip out and claim he hadnt seen the bottle, then start disappearing. Kinda was like well good luck, sorry to hear but karma's a bitch. peace
When the opiates wear off you get the pain back, I'm sure.. and you aren't thinking about any needs except how you'll get the next hit.