Funny, Strange, Random Pics

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shit, at Wegmans you can just scan your groceries with your phone and bag as you grab them, scan the register on the way out, pay, and you’re done. It’s some glorious shit.

View attachment 391820
i always wondered how people would get super loyal to grocery stores. then i moved to syracuse ny and started shopping at wegmans and i totally get it now.

a bunch of them stock their bathrooms with diapers and that seems like such a silly thing to appreciate until all of a sudden your kid has a blowout and your wife/husband/you forgot to restock your diaper bag.
cZlN8-M9vWlYG7hrMVT_8F6HYSDHtBAhn9l142Z_LJo.jpg

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
i always wondered how people would get super loyal to grocery stores. then i moved to syracuse ny and started shopping at wegmans and i totally get it now.

a bunch of them stock their bathrooms with diapers and that seems like such a silly thing to appreciate until all of a sudden your kid has a blowout and your wife/husband/you forgot to restock your diaper bag.
cZlN8-M9vWlYG7hrMVT_8F6HYSDHtBAhn9l142Z_LJo.jpg
Damn, wish we had something like this around here. All we have is fucking Dillions (Kroger owned so it's shit).

racoons.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think he meant they just have a metallic taste or ting to them
I mean we all know what a metallic taste is like so we can deduce what keys would taste like.

View attachment 391847
i was out with the boys several years back. it was a long day of work and we were a LITTLE on the "you should probably call a cab" side of a night out. one of the guys was in the honeymoon phase of a new relationship and started talking about how his girl wanted him to lick her butthole but he was pensive about the whole thing. another guy who was with us who had been married for close to 20 years just shrugged and said, "eh... you'll be fine. it tastes like a penny." no matter how long ago that was, i still think about it everytime i see loose change.

pic unrelated
ridingpretty1.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While true, just think of all the data they are collecting on you.

View attachment 391821

Unless you leave your cellphone at home, pay cash, and only shop at stores using cutesy antique cash registers, then some/most/all that same data is/can already be collected. The modern register can tie your bill of goods to the card you use, which at very least gives name and contact info that can tie to cell phone and GPS data (if you don't also happen to just pay the cell bill with the very same card).

Hell, even in Ye Olde Times, the grocer, his whole family, and all their friends knew you were a freak that went through ALOT of Exlax, rocky road ice cream, and adult dipers each week. And they fucking lived in your town; so there was far higher chance at whispers and circumspect finger pointing.

<obligitory straw man attack about if you want digital privacy go live in europe>

Old_Fashioned_Metal_Cash_Register_Sculpture_With_Drawer__675_X_9_X_5_inches.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I prefer self-checkout so I can just get the fuck out of the store fast. Usually...

Of course, there are always the fucking idiots who go in self-checkout that either don't know what the fuck they are doing or decide it is a great place to ring a cart with 500 items in it and delay your ability to use the damn thing

View attachment 391612

I wish I could get the stats on how the "Shrinkage rate" (i.e. amount of stuff stolen) at the Walmart near my house has changed since they started pushing everybody to self checkout. Once or twice of getting home and noticing you forgot to scan something (like the case of soda in the undercart area) and people quickly realize they only have to scan a reasonable enough percentage of their purchase. At my Walmart they don't even check receipts at the door. Get 6 cans of soup? Only scan 4... etc....

beprepared-lionking.gif