<Silver Donator>
22E968DE-B07D-4922-A631-DC7BE8667C05.jpeg

• 18Worf
  • 4Harrow
  • 3Like
Reactions: 25 users

Spare

Vyemm Raider
Poe was the best character in that first movie. And it’s why the knocked him down a peg to Admiral SJW the First and her stupid as fuck strategy.

Couldn’t have some character that might get enough development by competent directors to snif Han’s stratosphere (pre-shooting second) take away from The Message. Competent directors?! In my Star Wars?!? Hahahaha.

This version of the Conan Theme made me think of Actraiser on SNES. Haven’t played the remake yet.
View attachment 398793View attachment 398794

As a HUGE fan of the expanded universe, I could not agree more. They fucked the whole franchise up with TLJ. That was when I just said, well...... I have 6 decent movies to watch :p

1645071587587.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
As a HUGE fan of the expanded universe, I could not agree more. They fucked the whole franchise up with TLJ. That was when I just said, well...... I have 6 decent movies to watch :p

View attachment 398874
The 90s were the Golden Age for SW. Loads of amazing books too (and a fair few bad ones, to be honest). The decision to flush all that lore down the shitter was one of the most epic mistakes a brand can make.

image_2022-02-17_100038.png

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Aaron said:
The 90s were the Golden Age for SW. Loads of amazing books too (and a fair few bad ones, to be honest). The decision to flush all that lore down the shitter was one of the most epic mistakes a brand can make.

While I agree about that time period being much happier for the SW universe compared to the SJW-ridden shitfest some people at Disney have been (mostly) turning it into, I think it was probably a good move to get rid of the whole package of "Legends" and pick back up whatever is interesting from it, it was getting really out of hand around the Yuuzhan Vong era, and the quality was seriously dropping too.

Even the image you provide in your post is a character that was not only picked back up by Disney but was also pretty well-treated (still getting books, and quite faithful representation in Rebels, and mentioned in Mandalorian, probably set to appear in Ahsoka series). They've also picked up other cool tidbits of the old Legends lore (like Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus or Darth Bane being canon, among other things like the Interdictor crusiers or the TIE Defender).

I disagree with a lot of moves Disney and Kennedy in particular have made, but the dumping of some of the Legends content wasn't a bad move.

inverxjqwik21.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users