8UeaHMi.jpeg

• 9Harrow
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 12 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Have you ever worked a real professional job? Because that's not how any of that works.

View attachment 425443

Please, explain further, because every professional job I've worked is exactly what the meme suggested, unless you are working for yourself.

You are hired for a role which has been okayed by a supervisor, HR or "Boss"
The roles purpose and direction is decided by a supervisor or "Boss" of some kind
The roles Compensation is decided by HR or a "Boss"

Or are you insinuating that it is unlikely that the woman would ever self-reflect?

If that is the case I agree, you are correct.

---

Unrelated picture

1659311101682.png

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 9 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Please, explain further, because every professional job I've worked is exactly what the meme suggested, unless you are working for yourself.

You are hired for a role which has been okayed by a supervisor, HR or "Boss"
The roles purpose and direction is decided by a supervisor or "Boss" of some kind
The roles Compensation is decided by HR or a "Boss"

Or are you insinuating that it is unlikely that the woman would ever self-reflect?

If that is the case I agree, you are correct.

---

Unrelated picture

View attachment 425476
Two problems with the original meme:

For one, work husband/work wife dynamic is generally among peers, not direct reports.

Two, if your boss is telling you what to do every day, you're not in a real professional job. My only interactions with my boss are when something didn't get handled for a client of mine and it somehow gets past me and gets to my boss (rare), or when my boss consults my opinion on something outside of my normal responsibilities or purview, from the standpoint of a subject matter expert. My boss could not do my job, he does not have the expertise, and I could not do his job. This is a professional employee/manager relationship. If your boss could do all of your job functions and is telling you what to do and how to do it all day, I'd argue that you don't have a real professional position. If your boss is actively managing you all day, you either suck at your job or you have a bad boss. This was true even in my previous, much shittier position at a much shittier company.

1659311705022.png

• 2Harrow
  • 2Like
  • 2Imbecile
Reactions: 11 users