Funny, Strange, Random Pics

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
300976807_10224242249138505_4954920968005344369_n.jpg

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Also going to go see rockets and shit on a day off.

View attachment 429534
Basketball? meh! Go walk the USS Texas over in Channelview, on the east side of Houston. The Texas is next to the San Jacinto battlefield, where Sam Houston soundly defeated Santa Anna and Texas took it's independence. You could even ride on the Lynchburg ferry back and forth, just to say you did it.

You could also go down to Kemah for dinner and watch the boats go out of the intercostal into the bay. Landry's for fancy dinner, or Bubba Gump for more casual (Haven't been there in a decade, but they rebuilt it after one of the hurricanes and it looks even nicer than it used to).

If you are going to be there for a bit, take a weekend if yall have some free time and rent a beach house in Galveston. AirBnB prolly makes this real easy nowadays. Could drive on the seawall, and take the longer Bolivar - Galveston ferry for shits and giggles (and scenic drive).
2022-08-23 21.36.27 www.google.com 0de30ef1a135.png

2022-08-23 21.49.28 www.google.com 27e62071aa43.png

8893975d.c10.jpg

2022-08-23 21.33.10 www.google.com 2b91af3bdcea.png

P.S. There probably aren't that many new people, so that's coming close to doxxing yourself, if you are worried about that kinda thing.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basketball? meh! Go walk the USS Texas over in Channelview, on the east side of Houston. The Texas is next to the San Jacinto battlefield, where Sam Houston soundly defeated Santa Anna and Texas took it's independence. You could even ride on the Lynchburg ferry back and forth, just to say you did it.

You could also go down to Kemah for dinner and watch the boats go out of the intercostal into the bay. Landry's for fancy dinner, or Bubba Gump for more casual (Haven't been there in a decade, but they rebuilt it after one of the hurricanes and it looks even nicer than it used to).

If you are going to be there for a bit, take a weekend if yall have some free time and rent a beach house in Galveston. AirBnB prolly makes this real easy nowadays. Could drive on the seawall, and take the longer Bolivar - Galveston ferry for shits and giggles (and scenic drive).
View attachment 429542

View attachment 429543

8893975d.c10.jpg

View attachment 429540

P.S. There probably aren't that many new people, so that's coming close to doxxing yourself, if you are worried about that kinda thing.nahhh man

View attachment 429542

View attachment 429543

8893975d.c10.jpg

View attachment 429540

P.S. There probably aren't that many new people, so that's coming close to doxxing yourself, if you are worried about that kinda thing.
Thanks, but I mean real rockets and shit...

Also, how many Aussies are in Houston this week do you think? it aint many, i'll bet.

All good, I fly home next week, I"m here to help her set stuff up like phones and stuff, but next trip i'll set some time aside for those things.
Cheers,

1661310201182.png

• 8Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Thanks, but I mean real rockets and shit...

Also, how many Aussies are in Houston this week do you think? it aint many, i'll bet.

All good, I fly home next week, I"m here to help her set stuff up like phones and stuff, but next trip i'll set some time aside for those things.
Cheers,

View attachment 429544
Oh, real rockets, lol, yea, NASA is cool too.

Unclear of what you mean for the Aussie in Houston thing, if its for the doxxing part, I meant listing where your relative works. I just looked it up, and the website for that organization has all the employees pictured and listed by years doing the job (kinda). I'm a bit paranoid about internet privacy, so always thinking about it when posting personal info.

Otherwise, Houston is actually a very international city, so there are probably thousands, if not tens of thousands of Aussies living/visiting there.

6b30a6695cfe20cd84861500d312a167d1a87756e2a44f41f45929d139d0bd53_1.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My Daughter started at the Houston Ballet, I am helping her move in and get settled.

Also going to go see rockets and shit on a day off.

View attachment 429534
Welcome to one of the best and worst city I have ever lived in, been here since 2002 and I hate it but has lots of up sides. If you ever want to ride bikes of any kind hit me up, I know where all the spots are. We ride, pit bikes, BMX, mountain, and few of us full size dirt bikes as well.
11134.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 429542

View attachment 429543

8893975d.c10.jpg

View attachment 429540

I think Bolivar is still fucking destroyed but if you have seen one coastal plain you have seen them all, at least on the Upper Texas Coast. I grew up coming to the beach from that side. It used to be cool when Crystal Beach was a thing; they had an awesome old hamburger stand over there O.K. Corral that served the best greaseburgers ever, Whataburger style classics. Now its just 20+ miles of unincorporated post-apocalyptic beach scape that used as a nude beach for a while by all the people that you never wanted to see nude. Now you just have to drive to Winnie and then north back to I-10. Back in the long ago days of 1989, you could take hwy 87 all the way up the coast before it turned north, past Sea Rim State Park, which had a large complex, and then through Sabine Pass and Port Arthur and through Orange up into East Texas. A hurricane washed out the hwy in 1989 and they decided to not build it back because it was built so close to the shore that it would require them to stave off more erosion than it was worth.

So many great things to see and do in Houston, though, and an awesome place to live. Like most places, was so much better when there were fewer people in the late 80s early 90's About 2000 was when it hit peak transplant/immigrant: that's when people started driving slower. You could tell they just were just new in either the State, Houston Traffic or the US.

When we go down to rent on Galveston, these are the people we use: Sand `N Sea Properties | Vacation Homes in Galveston They are super-great but know what you are getting it: People who rent these houses in a vacation spot, its a thing.

Edit: Well Maybe they have rebuilt Bolivar from the last storm. They have a website and it looks like maybe a city and everything: Bolivar Peninsula, Texas | Visitor information, vacation rentals, attractions and more. Crystal Beach, Gilchrist, High Island and Port Bolivar.
temp_c4a59486-3726-4eab-a009-e349792a39e5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Welcome to one of the best and worst city I have ever lived in, been here since 2002 and I hate it but has lots of up sides. If you ever want to ride bikes of any kind hit me up, I know where all the spots are. We ride, pit bikes, BMX, mountain, and few of us full size dirt bikes as well.View attachment 429546

As an 80s kid living in a super rural area with nothing for kids who like that stuff, I could only read those BMX books and watch other kids have fun.

_124189523_da-nc.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users