Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Different taste I guess!
there's nothing hotter than a 8 inch thigh gap

if your legs have ever touched, you are fat and should be ashamed

rrr_img_54059.jpg

don't forget Linkin Park, Korn, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, and all the rest that spawned screamo, emo, goth, and whatever else cutters and psychic vampires listened to in the 90s

really, though... everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste... but just about all of the above can be categorized as Angst Rock

I'll give credit to Trent Reznor, as he's a great musician and multi instrumentalist, but his music still sucks.

the above bands were created for 12-17 year old angst ridden misfits that felt the world didn't understand them.. I suppose it had a place, as there are certainly those people in the world and they deserve their own version of self expression as much as anyone else does, but it doesn't make the music any better.

I liked System, NiN, and some others when I was an angry little teen, but when I became a man I put aside childish things (except video games and weed). I can look back at my naivete and call it for what it was.
So, what bands dont suck, so I may expand my horizons? Is there any metal that isn't about some pain (real or perceived) in the artists self medicated shitty life (other than 80's glam "metal")?

Comparing NiN to Linkin Park and Papa Roach is going to little too far...

rrr_img_54063.jpg

mvHPT4e.jpg

rrr_img_54064.jpg

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
hmm, there seems to be some misinterpretation of my comment..

i mentioned NiN as a personal reference to music that i used to like but no longer identify with, as i see it in a different light.

I agree, it's not "comparable" to the ones i listed previously in my post.. and it wasn't my intention to include them in the same category.

i guess reading comprehension is too much to expect from those who are all too eager to be hurt, you'll interpret as you see fit.

But seeing as Rezz negged me and gave me his masters thesis in metal classification, I suppose you're not the only one whose day I've ruined

sorry to have hurt your feelings or insulted your taste.. i thought i was careful to make it clear that i dont judge individuals by what they like or listen to, but hey.. be mad.

jingle bells

*almost forgot a pic!
rrr_img_54065.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
We all listen to something someone else hates.

But the shit that you hate don't make you special.

But honestly - RVIVR and Bomb the Music Industry! are the greatest bands ever.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Sorry, American metal is garbage. I mean it truly is. There is Opeth and the Gothenburg bands, and then there's the trash heaps that's everything else. There is no modern American metal band worth two shits. If you want to talk AC/DC etc and the classics, then maybe. But otherwise, NiN, SoaD, Slipknot are all absolutely awful music.

rrr_img_54066.jpg

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry, American metal is garbage. I mean it truly is. There is Opeth and the Gothenburg bands, and then there's the trash heaps that's everything else. There is no modern American metal band worth two shits. If you want to talk AC/DC etc and the classics, then maybe. But otherwise, NiN, SoaD, Slipknot are all absolutely awful music.
Thou speaketh the truth, my friend!

Opeth (Swedish progressive metal band) and My Dying Bride (British Doom Metal band) are my two favorite 90s+ bands.

rrr_img_54067.jpg

an accordion_sl

shitlord
so uninformed, there's ton of good american bands:

1295.jpg

Krohm-The+Haunting+Presence+%25282007%2529.jpg

Agalloch.jpg

CelesitalLineage_cover_web.jpg

188328.jpg

312968.jpg

I could go on, but it'd surprise me if you recognized more than 1 or 2 of those album covers

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
AC/DC is Australian

Do You Even Metal? DYEM?