Funny, Strange, Random Pics

dnL

Molten Core Raider
I never said someone couldn't like inferior music. There are people that actually buy modern pop artists, for example. That's awesome if they enjoy it, but that doesn't make the music actually good music. People will buy and like anything under the sun, but that doesn't mean it isn't terrible. You can like something that's terrible.

Comparing any modern metal band in the States to European, especially Swedish or Gothenburg, is just erroneous. What they do musically is so far superior that you can't compare them. Tool is the best you got in terms of mass appeal, and they're not even in the same dimension as Opeth. I would probably make the claim that Ghost of Perdition is the best metal song ever made. Literally, there's no band like them.

(PS: Thanks for AC/DC, I had forgotten.)

rrr_img_54090.jpg
You're arguing preference, though. I've been listening to Opeth for 15 years, and I've been listening to Tool just as long. I think Tool has much more depth and is better. That doesn't mean Opeth is bad, but hey, it's a preference.

Neither are as good as the man, though:
rrr_img_54092.jpg

Salshun_sl

shitlord
You're arguing preference, though. I've been listening to Opeth for 15 years, and I've been listening to Tool just as long. I think Tool has much more depth and is better. That doesn't mean Opeth is bad, but hey, it's a preference.
Lateralus is the best metal song written, at least in this century.

Tool_Grey__s_Lateralus_Eye_by_KidMed.jpg

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

Neither are as good as the man, though:
rrr_img_54092.jpg
TBH I do think he wiill invariably grow out of being a little douche bag at some point.

I just loop the soundtrack to "Conan: The Barbarian" over and over, where ever I go, but...

It seems like there must be some impartial music rating system that the Music Major Bros know about on this thread, that we are ignorant of...

or maybe we are in the midst of a Metal Hipster throw-down...

Metal categories according to "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" documentary.

size:
Adlp3.jpg

rrr_img_54093.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Is that like saying my first degree is Political Science, and I make six figures a year? Just dont ask about my JD...

q4lODyQ.png

P.S. I make no claim to be a lawyer.
Nah, I also have an M.Mus, an M.A., a Ph.D., and a D.M.A. All in music.

There are lots of options for music degree folks. Just not stupid people who earn music degrees.

pictures_of_the_day_7.jpg