• 5Rustled
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well shit, now I really need to vent

Cicadas-vs.-locusts-740x555.jpg

Cicadas are known for their regular emergence—annually or in cycles of 13 or 17 years—and their ability to produce a distinct, buzzy, droning sound. Locusts are a type of grasshopper known for sometimes traveling in swarms and devouring plant life on a large scale. Still, cicadas are sometimes referred to as locusts.

This one really pisses me off and it is so fucking common, even in school they teach about the buffalo roaming the great plains of the US. Point in fact, there are NO buffalo that are native to North America.

bison-and-buffalo.jpg

So how do you tell the difference between buffalo and bison? Bison have large humps at their shoulders and bigger heads than buffalo. They also have beards, as well as thick coats which they shed in the spring and early summer. Another simple way to tell a buffalo from a bison is to look at its horns.

• 10Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 10 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well shit, now I really need to vent

View attachment 485920
Cicadas are known for their regular emergence—annually or in cycles of 13 or 17 years—and their ability to produce a distinct, buzzy, droning sound. Locusts are a type of grasshopper known for sometimes traveling in swarms and devouring plant life on a large scale. Still, cicadas are sometimes referred to as locusts.

This one really pisses me off and it is so fucking common, even in school they teach about the buffalo roaming the great plains of the US. Point in fact, there are NO buffalo that are native to North America.

View attachment 485921
So how do you tell the difference between buffalo and bison? Bison have large humps at their shoulders and bigger heads than buffalo. They also have beards, as well as thick coats which they shed in the spring and early summer. Another simple way to tell a buffalo from a bison is to look at its horns.

There were no cicadas scheduled to emerge this year in Southern Massachusetts. Well the annoying fucks had other plans. There are a couple in my trees somewhere, and I never knew how fuckin bad I could hate an insect. The noise is so unbearable at times, I have to go in the house.

Pic unrelated.

L50fgDK.png

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There were no cicadas scheduled to emerge this year in Southern Massachusetts. Well the annoying fucks had other plans. There are a couple in my trees somewhere, and I never knew how fuckin bad I could hate an insect. The noise is so unbearable at times, I have to go in the house.

Pic unrelated.

View attachment 485936
When I was in Jersey around 2003, there was one brood so plentiful that, when they started dying off, the smell was absolutely rancid in the back yard of the apartment I was in.
IMG_1951.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard

Pic unrelated.

View attachment 485936
Where I grew up, we have cicadas every summer...to hear the cicadas buzzing in the trees is like a relaxing sound that takes me back to my youth. Playing in the neighborhood as the sun goes down, the sound of the cicadas in the air and good friends... Them were the days

artworks-cvNK9cnFoIcTCbeD-zQc24w-t240x240.jpg

• 14Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users