Funny, Strange, Random Pics

moontayle

Golden Squire
Jesus Christ those book covers make me cringe.

Unrelated:

rrr_img_8852.jpg

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
You dont know shit till you read some of these fine novels...
rrr_img_8853.jpg
Haha, I remember in 3rd grade two friends of mine got into a big argument because they had the same goosebumps book with slightly different covers and they each thought theirs looked cooler. Was this one iirc:

9780590847667.jpg

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends on the timeline. If pre-Battle of the Five Armies (end of Hobbit), then Middle Earth. If post that or post battle at the gates of Mordor, then definetly Westeros.
Why? Because.
What happens? If Middle Earth, I make sure Sauron gets the ring back.
If Westeros, well.. I wasn't collecting Dragon Kill Points during the entire EQ and WoW era to not have a chance at a real dragon, that's for sure.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Narnia should be a very good answer because your appearance there automatically grants you the most importance. Hogwarts all but guarantees you'll have magic which is pretty solid too. You'll stand out in Wonderland, but that place is pretty fucked so I'm not sure why you'd want to go. If you answer Neverland you are a pedophile and that's fucked up. Middle-Earth and Westeros are pretty bad answers because there is no guarantee you would be anyone special there and they aren't particularly amazing places if you are a nobody.

I'd pick Hogwarts cause I'd get both magic and modern conveniences. And of course
rrr_img_8905.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You could select any of a whole array of worlds full of wonder and magic, marvels and mysteries and mythical beings and god and spirits, and all you want to do is build guns and tanks? Who hurt you dude? Were you molested by some dude LARPing a wizard or something?
The post said you could pass through the door--it did not say you'd be anyone special. You still wouldn't know how to fight with a sword, or use magic or do anything that sets you apart from any other peasant. In neverland, you'd be an adult, and so you'd be Captain Hook's bitch unless you usurped him (Which you don't know how to fight with a sword, so you'd die). In Hogwartz you'd be just a normal human, which means getting your memory blanked and shoved back into London. In Middle Earth you'd be a peasant and depending on where in the time line you jumped in, you'd either be killed by rampaging orcs, or drafted into an army and then killed by orcs or maybe if you were lucky, get to just work fields all of your life...Unless you go on an "adventure" and...get killed by orcs. In Westeros you'd get raped, and skinned alive and used to scare other peasants, or starve when the long winter came. In Camelot, peasent again. See a pattern here? Non-heroes in these stories get *fucked*, they don't experience any wonder or magic, they get a huge axe between their eyes by the first monster that comes along.

I do not want to be that peasant. And since I don't have armor, or have decades of sword training, or know magic--I'm going to use something better to set myself apart. Science, motherfucker. It's my form of magic. But please, go on and view the beauty of these war torn worlds with powerful meta humans...alone, with no powers. Which I have to ask, who took your balls? Some roleplaying elf chick give you your first handy while extolling the virtues of nature and spirits? Yeah, you keep on with that hippy shit. Meanwhile, I'll be channeling Bill Nye mixed with Ash. Have fun being an orc's bitch!

rrr_img_8908.jpg

rrr_img_8909.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What makes you think you'd get anywhere near the "science" and materials they've gathered in Westeros either? Honestly I think your chances of being slaughtered out of hand for no reason whatsoever are about the highest of all the worlds there, but even if you did find some maester that was interested in what you had to say and gave you a chance instead of calling the guard and having you put into slavery for the rest of your life, you'd still probably have to spend decades just learning their maester shit before you got to Bill Nye/Ash everyone. During which your chances of dying are fairly high yet again.

I'd probably go with Hogwarts simply because if I were just a normal slub, the world that I experienced would be mostly the same as it is now. And if by some miracle I have magical ability, I'm going to be awesome.

Now if the intent of the question was that you'd be someone special there...I still probably wouldn't choose Westeros because being special there just means MORE people want to kill you. I'd probably choose Hogwarts again, because once Voldemort is toast there isn't much to worry about as far as big, bad evils, and once again you'd be awesome, and there wouldn't be much of any downside.

And, any excuse to post Hermione right? This picture sort of creeps me out for some reason.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The post said you could pass through the door--it did not say you'd be anyone special. You still wouldn't know how to fight with a sword, or use magic or do anything that sets you apart from any other peasant. In neverland, you'd be an adult, and so you'd be Captain Hook's bitch unless you usurped him (Which you don't know how to fight with a sword, so you'd die). In Hogwartz you'd be just a normal human, which means getting your memory blanked and shoved back into London. In Middle Earth you'd be a peasant and depending on where in the time line you jumped in, you'd either be killed by rampaging orcs, or drafted into an army and then killed by orcs or maybe if you were lucky, get to just work fields all of your life...Unless you go on an "adventure" and...get killed by orcs. In Westeros you'd get raped, and skinned alive and used to scare other peasants, or starve when the long winter came. In Camelot, peasent again. See a pattern here? Non-heroes in these stories get *fucked*, they don't experience any wonder or magic, they get a huge axe between their eyes by the first monster that comes along.

I do not want to be that peasant. And since I don't have armor, or have decades of sword training, or know magic--I'm going to use something better to set myself apart. Science, motherfucker. It's my form of magic. But please, go on and view the beauty of these war torn worlds with powerful meta humans...alone, with no powers. Which I have to ask, who took your balls? Some roleplaying elf chick give you your first handy while extolling the virtues of nature and spirits? Yeah, you keep on with that hippy shit. Meanwhile, I'll be channeling Bill Nye mixed with Ash. Have fun being an orc's bitch!

rrr_img_8908.jpg

rrr_img_8909.jpg
Just because you don't know magic or how to swordfight doesn't mean the same is true for everyone else. Don't project your self-loathing feelings of worthlessness on me, please.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What makes you think you'd get anywhere near the "science" and materials they've gathered in Westeros either? Honestly I think your chances of being slaughtered out of hand for no reason whatsoever are about the highest of all the worlds there, but even if you did find some maester that was interested in what you had to say and gave you a chance instead of calling the guard and having you put into slavery for the rest of your life, you'd still probably have to spend decades just learning their maester shit before you got to Bill Nye/Ash everyone. During which your chances of dying are fairly high yet again.
Because the Maester's are open to anyone (Even common idiots)--and the moment you explained why putting bread mold on wounds stops infection (IE explain the properties of Anti-biotics), while also explaining how they can build a microscope to see it, you'd instantly have the ear of every Grand Maester in the citadel. The Maester's, as far as we know, are bent on science defeating magic, so allying them to your cause should be somewhat easy and there is a Maester in every city. It's certainly a better chance than any of the other doors where there is no system in place, at all, to gather materials needed for industry. So in those doors you'd still be a weak non-hero, who can't fight, or cast magic AND there would be nothing there to help you use your advanced future knowledge.

And that's the thing. Yes, there is achanceI might not be successful, but it's far less of a chance than in the other doors where there isn't any knowledge of science/modern tech (OR a love for it, like the Maester's have.) An organization such as the Maesters, with their limited understanding of science, as well as their ability to gather materials, gives you the greatest chance to use your own knowledge to rise in power. And with technology, you'd be instant hero--White Walkers? Meet wildfire flame thrower.

And there is no Hermione but Dany and her maids put out.

rrr_img_8921.jpg

rrr_img_8923.jpg

rrr_img_8922.jpg

Just because you don't know magic or how to swordfight doesn't mean the same is true for everyone else. Don't project your self-loathing feelings of worthlessness on me, please.
Meth doesn't exist in any of the worlds, Hawk. So lets not pretend like you wouldn't be fucked outright.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what the point ofarguing about what fantasy worldyou are visiting through a fuckingfantasy dooris? This is the same kind of conversation you have in certain classes about a time machine and how you would change the past if you had the option. The realization being that you are very likely to die, and if you are lucky enough to not die.. what exactly is going to set you apart? What you should be asking for is what you can bring with you to one of these worlds. If you could take some obscene weaponry with you - imagine the differences that could happen?

mfln2838l.jpg

As for that whole quick witted conversation about sword fighting... This will remind you about the law of the land in a couple of those books. If you were to somehow not die in a sword fight the next question is going to be where you obtained the sword (thief). Welcome to the dungeon.

tyrants-1024x261.jpg