Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Part of the porect that I am PM on started it's journey today. Normally 4 hours at most by car, two days minimum like this.

9d488356b5d56f54341730ac1a686c29_zpsfbpxd64y.jpg

Borzak

Kind of lol. This is the 2nd one in the US. It's part of a carbon capture project going to an existing coal fired power plant. We're also doing the absorber. They spray the exhaust with a solvent. Then the captured carbon is pumped into the ground to "capture carbon" where it will be used in existing oil fields in fracking to get more yield out of it. The absorber is cooler and made of inconel at 5x the cost but it's too large to ship and is being assembled on site.

Take a good look, if you pay taxes you paid for part of it. The DoE paid for part of it. It was engineered by MHI, Misubishi Heavy Industries because they couldn't find an engineering company that would take the risk and now MHI says it may/may not work, after they are $1 billion into it.

Site location of where it goes and what is happening.

wa-parish.jpg

Here's the first after it was erected. This one wound up $1 billion over budget.

1397599944000-AP366701269333.jpg

Typical-Post-Combustion-Capture-Unit.jpg

Borzak

At least it was finished.

Berlin Brandenburg Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Elbe Philharmonic Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rrr_img_100844.jpg

amateurs, my project was finished in a single night in 1961.
It's not finished and not in service. The contractor and the state are in court and nobody will OK any more funds or a rate increase for the cusomters it serves.

I didn't have anything to do with that one. It was a complete from the ground up new experimental coal fired plant. The one I'm working on is an existing plant.

Gonna be a lot of that considering even the company that designed says it won't work and MIT was hired to study it and says NOPE.
Ive had to give up caring, and accept the fact that I am just along for the ride anymore these days. I was very active in politics for a little while, and I think I started aging in dog years during that time.

rrr_img_100845.jpg

rrr_img_100846.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive had to give up caring, and accept the fact that I am just along for the ride anymore these days. I was very active in politics for a little while, and I think I started aging in dog years during that time.

rrr_img_100845.jpg
You cant change any of it by yourself, or even in a large group, so its really all you can do. Unless everyone turned around and said "fuck this" and all stood up at the same time - there will never be a change. People wanted a change for that whole 1% vs the 99% and nothing happened. All the rioting over the racial stuff going on and nothing has really changed. We can supposedly vote, but even then, the populations vote isnt even what directly elects the president. So what do you do besides throw your hands up?

image.png

No way thats legit. The fat bleach blonde dyke cop cant even find whatever she is looking for on her belt. Then, whatever she pulled out, the black chick snagged. No way two cops would just stand there and let a bunch of dumb asses throw punches at them, and do absolutely nothing about it in any way, including trying to block the punches being thrown at them.