Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like this?

tumblr_l1ke5ruTp51qa6ql2o1_400.gif
Yay.

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
How the fuck do they cut your eye with a blade?

No way in hell i'm doing that shit.

rrr_img_9552.jpg
a mechanical microkeratome is used, a ring will be placed on your eye and very high pressures will be applied to create suction to the cornea. Your vision will dim while the suction ring is on and you may feel the pressure and experience some discomfort during this part of the procedure. The microkeratome, a cutting instrument, is attached to the suction ring. Your doctor will use the blade of the microkeratome to cut a flap in your cornea. Microkeratome blades are meant to be used only once and then thrown out. The microkeratome and the suction ring are then removed.

Your doctor may use a laser keratome (a laser device), instead of a mechanical microkeratome, to cut a flap on the cornea.

If a laser keratome is used, the cornea is flattened with a clear plastic plate. Your vision will dim and you may feel the pressure and experience some discomfort during this part of the procedure. Laser energy is focused inside the cornea tissue, creating thousands of small bubbles of gas and water that expand and connect to separate the tissue underneath the cornea surface, creating a flap. The plate is then removed.

Grimsark

To r66-y, sorry bro.
to Grimsark, Lemmi and Blakkheim, I have minor astigmatism in both eyes, so my glasses cost me a damn fortune, and since I'm in construction, they get scratched up pretty quick, so I figure I'll save money in the long run by getting it done. Also, I'm getting PRK? i think which is the laser only treatment, so no razor blade to the eye, but Doc said it would take about 4-5 days to fully recover.
I can only tell you about my own personal experience. I can not recomend you do it, as there are real risks involved and some people go to shit places and get shit results.

I went to the #1 place in Houston back when I got mine. I paid for it too. I had astigmatism in both eyes, one not so bad.

The procedure was quick. About 2 hours total. I had my brother drive me home after.

Its kinda weird watching it all happen, but not so weird once its done. The idea was worse than the reality.

I got the all laser LASIK, flap and all. I was able to see clearly less than 4 hours after, but I left the eye guards on for the whole time they said to. Slept the first night in them. I did not touch nor rub my eyes for several days after. Like I was told.

They said the average person gets a good 4 to 7 years before anything starts regressing. I have been a good 9 years so far and my eyes are still amazing. I have talked to people with 14+ years with no problems.

To this day I make it a point not to rub my eyes to hard, and to wear eye protection when doing anything that might impact them, simply because of the real risk of scar tissue in the eye being weaker than original. (Unlike on your skin) But I do not regret having it done. I still have my last pair of glasses, and take them out to remind myself of them every year or so.

rrr_img_9563.jpg
rrr_img_9564.jpg
rrr_img_9565.jpg
rrr_img_9566.jpg
rrr_img_9567.jpg

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Hasto_sl

shitlord
http://eyelaser.stanford.edu/procedu...vefront-2.html

Newer form off all laser surgery than the PRK. The way it was explained to me is that with the flap method there is a small chance of getting the halo effect in your vision at night (as well as other shit I couldn't completely follow and will have to research more into.) The military typically uses all laser methods because of overall better short and long term results. Apparently the new wavefront procedures are a bit more expensive. I personally will be looking into it though. I know a few people who do have perfect vision after their lasik treatment, but also do get that halo shit when driving at night from the streetlights, head/tail lights, etc.

rrr_img_9629.jpg
rrr_img_9630.jpg
rrr_img_9632.jpg