Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Asshat Caepan

Asshat of the Year 2020
RIP Cassius Clay

rrr_img_135143.jpg

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
As someone old enough to buy a ton of games from Sears during The Collapse (seriously, the games sold for $5 but still had a $5 mail-in rebate (the joys of corporate accounting)), I'm virtually positivethe systemwasn't a "knockoff" - it was an Atari-made 2600 with Sears branding on it.

The games, on the other hand, were mostly clones - I don't believe Atari had licensing, so anyone could manufacture a game that played on the system if they liked.
Ya,meant knock-off as in Sears licensed items from name brands, much like Krogers or other stores do now where the product are from the brands but renamed. Sears did this for many items to pull in sales as exclusives. Not sure on the licensing aspect either. It felt like the execs were throwing spaghetti.
I would love to know the details of this, I remember Circus World used to have some of the same items from Sears, it wasnt till later I noticed Sears adding their name to the items on the box, I assumed it was to keep other stores from reselling them.

The Atari games and systems works interchangeably, only different was the labeling. If I remember right, combat and tanks were the same game with a different label. There were many others like this at the time. The pricing was about $5 difference at the store between Atari brand and sears brand, from what I remember? This didnt seem to last long, gaming and consoles seemed to be hit/miss until Nintendo came out. With that was the Atari 400/800 and other computer world items Commodore 64/128.

impcruiser-catalog.jpg

sears-tele-games-atari-2600-heavy-sixer-console-with-tray-24-games-637-99743-147dfdc7fb6da27ab9bf5a1edac6921e.jpg

lot-of-3-game-cartridges-sears-tele-games-breakaway-iv-warlords-arcade-pinball-10ea72a59ec07bc2feb29290b9b66017.jpg

CrimsonSearsTank1a.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

c64c_1.jpg

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Thats remarkable, a 30,000kcal/wk deficit is 4285kcal/day, which if lets postulate she's a 40 year old female, means her body weight has to be approximately 808lbs and she would eat NOTHING. If she's eating lets say 1500kcal/day to hit a 30kcal/wk deficit she'd have to weigh ~1150lbs.

Truly, truly remarkable

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Thats remarkable, a 30,000kcal/wk deficit is 4285kcal/day, which if lets postulate she's a 40 year old female, means her body weight has to be approximately 808lbs and she would eat NOTHING. If she's eating lets say 1500kcal/day to hit a 30kcal/wk deficit she'd have to weigh ~1150lbs.

Truly, truly remarkable
I had the same thought. That's a lot more than double the suggested caloric intake.

But obviously it's a glandular problem.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I used to have that comic (it was a giant-sized issue if I remember correctly). Wish I still had it. And for the record, I rooted for Ali over Superman.

Ali was one of my idols growing up. Really sad to see him go, but I was also incredibly sad every time I saw him with his Parkinson's too, so at least his suffering is over. I just wish he had been able to express the wit and charisma I know was still all but locked inside him by the disease all these years. We had lost an incredible man long ago, now it is finally official is all.

This one really hits me hard
frown.png

rrr_img_135158.jpg