Funny, Strange, Random Pics

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is that the only picture of Emma Watson that makes her look hot?

rrr_img_136789.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm watching fedor play poker on TV right now. Gotta say, this is pretty much exactly like I pictured him. He's german BTW, which explains a lot. Fedor Holz

Fedor-Holz-WSOP-ME-Day-5-1024x764.jpg

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
I'm watching fedor play poker on TV right now. Gotta say, this is pretty much exactly like I pictured him. He's german BTW, which explains a lot. Fedor Holz

Fedor-Holz-WSOP-ME-Day-5-1024x764.jpg
Fedor is the man. Im legit trying to practice his timing/posing for my live games (im still a poker noob tho...)

BTW any recommendations on poker books to read? I understand how to play my hand *decently* but am still working on reading the other players, and truthfully am probably missing some of the basic foundations that I should know.

Thanks in advance!

Oblig pic - my first time growing weed now that its legal in Oregon!
rrr_img_136814.jpg

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Attempting to imitate pros is not going to get you very far, and nearly always bad for the bankroll. When you see them on TV, you are only getting highlights, and not the full story. They may have folded hand after hand before you see them pull off a sick bluff, or outplay some other player, etc.

For book suggestions, many will suggest the Harrington on Hold'em series.

Another good resource isTwitch. There are a handful of really good players, and you can see every hand they play, and they usually provide a good explanation for what they are doing. My favorites to watch are tonkaaaaP and Jason Somerville.

ACED3Xq.jpg

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
Attempting to imitate pros is not going to get you very far, and nearly always bad for the bankroll. When you see them on TV, you are only getting highlights, and not the full story. They may have folded hand after hand before you see them pull off a sick bluff, or outplay some other player, etc.

For book suggestions, many will suggest the Harrington on Hold'em series.

Another good resource isTwitch. There are a handful of really good players, and you can see every hand they play, and they usually provide a good explanation for what they are doing. My favorites to watch are tonkaaaaP and Jason Somerville.

ACED3Xq.jpg
I didn't mean I am attempting to match his play - I am well aware that the highlight reels aren't showing the 15+ folds in a row that can happen when your not dealt a hand. I specifically was referring to his timing while he decides what to do (he is consistent with it, regardless of whether it is an easy choice, a hard one, a bluff, the stone cold nuts, etc - I think I have timing issues where its a possible tell and I am trying to eliminate that) and his posturing/posing after he acts - again, very consistent, with that arm cross and the stare. It downright intimidates opponents at times.

As for the harrington series, I have read one book and really liked it (although it was about online poker) and a friend loaned me another but its for limit hold em so honestly half of it is probably completely worthless or even harmful to a no limit game. Which specific books would you recommend for live cash no limit hold em games?

I have watched jason somerville, tonkaaa, as well as a few others (kevin martin is fairly entertaining, although definitely at a lower skill level, and ive caught a variety of other streamers on at times). I definitely think twitch poker streaming is pretty incredible, since as you said many times they will discuss the details behind their reads, their plays, etc, and it's *extremely* helpful in showing some of the complexities that I am sadly lacking in.

Thanks for the response!

pic unrelated - I was driving on the freeway a little ways south of where I live and saw an RV on the other side that was *completely* engulfed in flames. This picture doesnt do it justice, the flames were whipping up a good 15-20 feet and had literally covered every inch of the RV. There were a ton of police cars racing to the scene as I drove by. Wonder how the hell an RV catches fire like that on the road... (Im picturing Walter White and Jesse Pinkman just barely escaping into the wilderness off the freeway haha)

rrr_img_136822.jpg