Funny, Strange, Random Pics

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
96392328_3932759123461998_3070960023900258304_o.jpg

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

As much flack as Liefeld gets, I do enjoy seeing his art. As bad as it may be, that was comics when I was a kid.

Not related story:

In 2013, after my workouts I would eat half a small watermelon. I was on the patio and I tried to throw it into the woods behind the apartments I lived in. The half got lodged in the tree, the outer portion perfect facing back.

Later that evening, I was sitting on the back porch and my above neighbors (black) come out. After a minute or two, they recognize the melon half and start pondering out loud if melons grew in trees. They started throwing things at it. It took everything I had not to die laughing.

3B5E3C17-1BA0-491A-BEB2-1D5F94ED3B1E.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
341936686_6.jpg

Red’ones go fastaaah. Remember the B18C6 for the first time, hondata, 10k rpm. Wrooom. Fun to be a kid :D
Basically the same motor, just balanced by Spoon, better for boost than "arpems". I'm more a fan of boosted K20/K24's, but also dig those rpm screamers. I'd fuck around with one again, but getting older and lazier and all that shit sucks. Patience on fucking something up, and knowing I'd dump a lot of expendable income into it just to toss it after a few years.... I end up just going "meh, I'll watch the kids fuck around on YouTube".

Honda S2000 with a 1666 hp Turbo K-Series Inline-Four – Engine Swap Depot

Honda-S2000-with-a-turbo-K20-K24-inline-four-02.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brad2770

Basically the same motor, just balanced by Spoon, better for boost than "arpems". I'm more a fan of boosted K20/K24's, but also dig those rpm screamers. I'd fuck around with one again, but getting older and lazier and all that shit sucks. Patience on fucking something up, and knowing I'd dump a lot of expendable income into it just to toss it after a few years.... I end up just going "meh, I'll watch the kids fuck around on YouTube".

Honda S2000 with a 1666 hp Turbo K-Series Inline-Four – Engine Swap Depot

View attachment 269530

K-20 was my favorite Honda motor. Had a 2009 Si at one time.

B17D4A9C-00DF-45BE-AC15-A216BB94CFD4.jpeg

162793EE-8ABF-4B30-A5C0-EB080A10E1CB.jpeg

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Jesus christ whoever built that doesn't know how to laminate fiberglass for fuck. Most prop masters got that shit dialed in a lot better then that.

View attachment 269532
Those... are the models they were using to blow up. And they're Doug Drexler's photos from the actual show used models. One of the main prop makers on the show. Along with the Okuda's who designed the Enterprise D, Voyager, and a bunch of other shit.

doug-drexler-tng.jpg

doug-drexler-planitia.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Those... are the models they were using to blow up. And they're Doug Drexler's photos from the actual show used models. One of the main prop makers on the show. Along with the Okuda's who designed the Enterprise D, Voyager, and a bunch of other shit.

View attachment 269539

View attachment 269540

I sell some materials to the prop guys who come to Hawaii for movies. Movies have better budgets, so obviously they can pay for the best talent. The movie guys not only create insanely high quality stuff, they do it out on the fly in funky parts of the world and really fast.

Last Jurrassic Park they shot here they were making a 20' tall Dinosaur every 3 days. Built an armature, covered it in foam, carved and sculpted, and then fiberglass and paint for camera ready. 3 people to build and 4 to paint. All while also doing random bones and giant eggs on the side. They do 18 hr days, and take home serious coin. They are also really autistic weirdos.

OIP (10).jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I sell some materials to the prop guys who come to Hawaii for movies. Movies have better budgets, so obviously they can pay for the best talent. The movie guys not only create insanely high quality stuff, they do it out on the fly in funky parts of the world and really fast.

Last Jurrassic Park they shot here they were making a 20' tall Dinosaur every 3 days. Built an armature, covered it in foam, carved and sculpted, and then fiberglass and paint for camera ready. 3 people to build and 4 to paint. All while also doing random bones and giant eggs on the side. They do 18 hr days, and take home serious coin. They are also really autistic weirdos.

View attachment 269554
Fuckin L&M guys are nuts.

This was from 1992.

qMnFKOV.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users