Funny, Strange, Random Pics

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And technically, American Natives stole the land from their Paleo ancestors. I believe there were a couple migrant waves separated by a couple thousand years in between?

Currently not enough evidence to support such claim, but looking for archaeological evidence so far back in time is like looking for a needle in the ocean.

So far all humans in the ancient Americas are classified as the Clovis people, and said to be closely related to modern first nation peoples (when they could pull DNA or find similar style tools). Unfortunately, it's hard to get DNA out of such old human remains, so such a theory will always be hard to prove, until DNA extraction improves. The oldest human American remains are around the 13,000 year old mark. The most widely studied is found in California. Although there is a recent find in a Mexico cave that might be slightly older.

The oldest, widely accepted, dated evidence of human activity in NA is currently footprints found in a layer of earth dated ~22,000 years old:

Some new work is being done on possible stone tools found in caves in Mexico, and Brazil, but it does not seem widely accepted by paleontologists, yet: Earliest evidence for humans in the Americas

Obligatory picture:
Dire Wolves are an extinct wolf of the Americas.
canis-dirus-dire-wolf-size.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Cultures which failed to discover the alphabet shouldnt be honored. Many Indian tribes had no alphabet for their language into the 20th century. It took the whiteman creating one for use as crypto during world wars for them to finally have a written form.

1633979135043.png

• 3Picard
  • 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 9 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Here's the video for the white-water rafting pictures I posted yesterday. Again, this is our run through Pillow Rock. The goal for us was to touch the rock with our paddle or hand. The guide had other plans, he was seeing how much of the front of the boat he could get up on the rock. I half-way stood up to attempt smacking the rock from the back left position. Didn't go so well, and I got a fun swim out of it. Will post the videos from the rest of our trip over in the video thread.

edit: link to videos in video thread.
Post in thread 'The Video Thread'
The Video Thread

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Currently not enough evidence to support such claim, but looking for archaeological evidence so far back in time is like looking for a needle in the ocean.

So far all humans in the ancient Americas are classified as the Clovis people, and said to be closely related to modern first nation peoples (when they could pull DNA or find similar style tools). Unfortunately, it's hard to get DNA out of such old human remains, so such a theory will always be hard to prove, until DNA extraction improves. The oldest human American remains are around the 13,000 year old mark. The most widely studied is found in California. Although there is a recent find in a Mexico cave that might be slightly older.

The oldest, widely accepted, dated evidence of human activity in NA is currently footprints found in a layer of earth dated ~22,000 years old:

Some new work is being done on possible stone tools found in caves in Mexico, and Brazil, but it does not seem widely accepted by paleontologists, yet: Earliest evidence for humans in the Americas

Obligatory picture:
Dire Wolves are an extinct wolf of the Americas.
canis-dirus-dire-wolf-size.jpg

Wasn't being too serious with my post :p Man has wiped out and replaced civilizations since forever. Although on a side note, I am super interested in early humans in the Americas and the super late Pleistocene period.

• 12Faggotry
  • 3Garbage
  • 2Harrow
Reactions: 18 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Here's the video for the white-water rafting pictures I posted yesterday. Again, this is our run through Pillow Rock. The goal for us was to touch the rock with our paddle or hand. The guide had other plans, he was seeing how much of the front of the boat he could get up on the rock. I half-way stood up to attempt smacking the rock from the back left position. Didn't go so well, and I got a fun swim out of it. Will post the videos from the rest of our trip over in the video thread.

Cool but you could have linked to your post from the video thread. Also....
Wasn't being too serious with my post :p Man has wiped out and replaced civilizations since forever. Although on a side note, I am super interested in early humans in the Americas and the super late Pleistocene period.

Post PICTURES you fucking mongoloids!

20211010_101734.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cultures which failed to discover the alphabet shouldnt be honored. Many Indian tribes had no alphabet for their language into the 20th century. It took the whiteman creating one for use as crypto during world wars for them to finally have a written form.

View attachment 376723
damn thats a hella quality photograph of parenting in the 1950s. was a different time
1633993759802.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Little late to the toy party but my absolute favorite was this fucking beast. So many land and sea assaults happened to this thing and it never fell.

We had an aunt who worked at Hasbro so we were able to get into the Invite Only store because of her. Oh my god. Head on a swivel. There was so much cool shit. Pretty sure we got this there and it was discounted too. Because of my aunt my brother and I also had the opportunity to playtest new toys before they were officially released. They slap an untransformed Transformer down in front of us and go to hand us the instructions but we'd be done before they could turn around. lol

edit: I forgot the biggest perk we had from my aunt. We got to see the Transformers movie before it released to the public. What a rollercoaster ride that movie was as a kid.

R.jpg

Last edited:
  • 15Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users