Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
321517012_488147276721969_8253960382175178721_n.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Repost
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i started going to Wendy's back in the 70s and would love the chilli. i think they changed it in the late 90s? around the time they stpped serving it in that big bowl and only gave it to you in a cup. i had heard that story about the old burgers being recycled into the chilli, if that was the case i never noticed. tasted good to me. now its barely meat anymore. mostly beans now. i had also heard they used bloodworms in Mcdonalds chop meat.
iu
i wouldn't be surprised if they cut back on the meat in the chili as a direct byproduct of them trying to better manage loss of product. and again, this was... '96-'97 ish? right around there, so i don't have any idea about anything they did after that, but at least in those years it was extremely common to just throw a ton of meat on the grill during busy times way before any customers even ordered. sometimes you'd end up not wasting anything, other times you'd just completely mismanage the grill and end up with a ton of extra meat just sitting there with no one to buy it. some of that got recycled into the chili, sure, but a lot of that might just get tossed.

so if someone at corporate devised a way to better manage the grill and reduce waste, there'd be less to throw into the chili... what i can tell you is that we NEVER just cooked meat specifically to put in the chili.

73fd3552-fa71-eb11-aaaa-06685e255467.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
i wouldn't be surprised if they cut back on the meat in the chili as a direct byproduct of them trying to better manage loss of product. and again, this was... '96-'97 ish? right around there, so i don't have any idea about anything they did after that, but at least in those years it was extremely common to just throw a ton of meat on the grill during busy times way before any customers even ordered. sometimes you'd end up not wasting anything, other times you'd just completely mismanage the grill and end up with a ton of extra meat just sitting there with no one to buy it. some of that got recycled into the chili, sure, but a lot of that might just get tossed.

so if someone at corporate devised a way to better manage the grill and reduce waste, there'd be less to throw into the chili... what i can tell you is that we NEVER just cooked meat specifically to put in the chili.

73fd3552-fa71-eb11-aaaa-06685e255467.jpg
Dave said so much in his book, it's to reduce loss on meat waste. It's also why alot of restaurants have soup or stews on their menu's as well.

Dave Thomas | Leaders Beyond the Brand

Hell Im cooking up a pea soup at home and am using the left over ham(and bone) from christmas dinner right now, nothing wrong with it and it will last several more days or you can freeze it to last alot longer.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i started going to Wendy's back in the 70s and would love the chilli. i think they changed it in the late 90s? around the time they stpped serving it in that big bowl and only gave it to you in a cup. i had heard that story about the old burgers being recycled into the chilli, if that was the case i never noticed. tasted good to me. now its barely meat anymore. mostly beans now. i had also heard they used bloodworms in Mcdonalds chop meat.
iu

Wendy's was one of my first jobs. I can confirm that even in the early 90s the chili was used to dispose of burnt-and-been-sitting-in-the-hotbox-for-hours patties. Also turned me off on the chili..

getting biggie frosties for $.99 did also eventually burn me out on them too.

1672205211474.png

• 6Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wendy's was one of my first jobs. I can confirm that even in the early 90s the chili was used to dispose of burnt-and-been-sitting-in-the-hotbox-for-hours patties. Also turned me off on the chili..

View attachment 450280
the Wendy's burgers are sloppy messes, but they still taste good. about the best i can say. Mcdonalds had the best fries, but they use cheaper oil now. they have nothing exceptional anymore cept their coke fountain drink tastes better than other places. so for a dollar thats a decent value.
iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 450280
oh man... frosty's... you just reminded me... there was like 7 of us from my high school/youth group that all started working at wendy's right around the same time. we were already good friends so it was great to work with them, we had a great time. but towards the end of our wendy's career (we all were graduating and going off to college) my future roommate convinced the manager to let us buy a bag of frosty mix. he did his best to guestimate how many frosty's it would make and then applied our employee discount, so we ended up splitting it among all of us and brought it home. it was DELICIOUS. it was about the richest, thickest chocolate milk you'd ever have. and it was HEAVY. a shot glass worth would completely fill you up for most of the rest of the day. it was like chocolate eggnog or something. just dense and delicious.

y3tx7t9lg-01.jpg

• 12Like
  • 4Weird Boner
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 18 users