Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Dr4goonDirk

Potato del Grande
H

Nope, Pompeii. The picture before it is real as well.

View attachment 477000

Interesting how there was no reverse image search results for that photo and how the background and peoples limbs look really really bad.

Would ya look at this. It's an article saying that the pompei people are actually not real but made of plaster. Most pople really beleive everything they hear.

1686166859731.png

Also, your climate change propaganda is just wrong too.

• 4Like
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 8 users

Spare

Vyemm Raider
Interesting how there was no reverse image search results for that photo and how the background and peoples limbs look really really bad.

Would ya look at this. It's an article saying that the pompei people are actually not real but made of plaster. Most pople really beleive everything they hear.

View attachment 477010

I had to look this up because it set off my bullshit meter but what I found was interesting.

From the article:
"The truth is, though, that they are not actually bodies at all. They are the product of a clever bit of archaeological ingenuity, going back to the 1860s.
The early excavators had noticed, as they dug through the volcanic debris that covered Pompeii, a series of distinctive cavities in the lava, sometimes containing human bones.
The reason for that soon became clear. The material from the volcano had covered the bodies of the dead, setting hard and solid around them. As the flesh, internal organs and clothing gradually decomposed, a void was left - which was an exact negative imprint of the shape of the corpse at the point of death.

It wasn't long before one bright spark saw that if you poured plaster of Paris into that void, you got a plaster cast that was an exact replica of the body, but only a replica - more an "anti-body" than a real body."

Link to the article: A Point of View: Pompeii's not-so-ancient Roman remains

1686168275312.png

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Does Lanx Lanx count as our 2%, I would hate to think we have poor drainage.

iu

Edit: My bad, forgot what thread I was in.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀

View attachment 477010

Because they aren't. From the start they were upfront about the plaster casts being impressions left by their long-since decomposed bodies. The bodies carbonized, broke down, turned to dust, but the pack of ash and debris around them preserved the way they were arranged when they died. Once they excavated down to a certain level in the fill they would pour plaster in where they found the body impressions and voila. No scientist or person at Pompeii ever claimed they were the actual corpses, you're the ignorant one for thinking people were claiming otherwise.

The_Court_of_Gayumars.jpg

• 14Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I had to look this up because it set off my bullshit meter but what I found was interesting.

From the article:
"The truth is, though, that they are not actually bodies at all. They are the product of a clever bit of archaeological ingenuity, going back to the 1860s.
The early excavators had noticed, as they dug through the volcanic debris that covered Pompeii, a series of distinctive cavities in the lava, sometimes containing human bones.
The reason for that soon became clear. The material from the volcano had covered the bodies of the dead, setting hard and solid around them. As the flesh, internal organs and clothing gradually decomposed, a void was left - which was an exact negative imprint of the shape of the corpse at the point of death.

It wasn't long before one bright spark saw that if you poured plaster of Paris into that void, you got a plaster cast that was an exact replica of the body, but only a replica - more an "anti-body" than a real body."

Link to the article: A Point of View: Pompeii's not-so-ancient Roman remains

View attachment 477015
These came to Discovery Place in Charlotte NC , it's spooky as all hell. For whatever reason I didn't take photos so the one below is a GIS. It's pretty up front that these are not actual bodies but the 'negative' of the void. That makes it spookier. If you ever have the chance to see this in person you really should. Crazy to think people still live there too.

tie-mf101019-51.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users