1687934424084.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Surfing /pol is always educational, you never know what you might learn...

Screenshot_20230628_185105_Brave.jpg

R.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 4Picard
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 15 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
  • 10Like
  • 7Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Caliane

Regretably you dont always learn something true.
View attachment 480293
Snopes also confirms, its "im your huckleberry" and "Ill be your huckleberry." I know snopes... But they have Val Kilmer himself confirming it, and the script..

Huckleberry is a common name applied to many different plants. mostly grow in the west NA. More resistant to cultivation then blueberries.
Gaylussacia baccata Black huckleberry
Vaccinium parvifolium red huckleberry
V. membranaceum also called black huckleberry
V. deliciosum. blue huckleberry.

solanum scabrum is "garden huckleberry. a nightshade.

What is the difference between them and blueberries? they look nearly identical.
Vaccinium is a large family. cranberry, blueberry, huckleberries, bilberry etc. (bilberry are European blueberries. smaller, ground hugging.)

This is a huckleberry. notice the berry. 1 berry per meristem and sepal.
1920px-Huckleberry_1.jpg

this is a Blueberry. notice how the sepal branches out of the meristem into many shoots, and buds.
Vaccinium_corymbosum0.jpg

the common usage of Huckleberry is then of course applied to blueberries often anyway. so, some are unrelated to blueberries, some are cousins of blueberries, and very closely related, others are literally just blueberries.

Huckleberry is derived from whortleberry>hortleberry

Whortleberry being another name for bilberry.

The name "bilberry" appears to have a Scandinavian origin, possibly from as early as 1577, being similar to the Danish word bølle for whortleberry with the addition of "berry". [1] In Scandinavian languages bilberries have names that translate to "blueberry": blåbär in Swedish and blåbær in Danish and Norwegian. The bilberry (especially Vaccinium myrtillus) is also known by a number of other names including blaeberry /ˈbleɪbɛri/ in Scottish and Northern English regional dialects and the Scots language,[2] whortleberry /ˈhwɜːrtəbri/ in southern England,[2] and whimberry, wimberry, winberry or whinberry in Derbyshire, Lancashire, along the Anglo-Welsh border, and south Wales, amongst other places.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Snopes also confirms, its "im your huckleberry" and "Ill be your huckleberry." I know snopes... But they have Val Kilmer himself confirming it, and the script..

Huckleberry is a common name applied to many different plants. mostly grow in the west NA. More resistant to cultivation then blueberries.
Gaylussacia baccata Black huckleberry
Vaccinium parvifolium red huckleberry
V. membranaceum also called black huckleberry
V. deliciosum. blue huckleberry.

solanum scabrum is "garden huckleberry. a nightshade.

What is the difference between them and blueberries? they look nearly identical.
Vaccinium is a large family. cranberry, blueberry, huckleberries, bilberry etc. (bilberry are European blueberries. smaller, ground hugging.)

This is a huckleberry. notice the berry. 1 berry per meristem and sepal.
1920px-Huckleberry_1.jpg

this is a Blueberry. notice how the sepal branches out of the meristem into many shoots, and buds.
Vaccinium_corymbosum0.jpg

the common usage of Huckleberry is then of course applied to blueberries often anyway.

Huckleberry is derived from whortleberry>hortleberry

Whortleberry being another name for bilberry.

I love etymology. Huckleberries were also something insignificant. Mark Twain called his character Huckleberry Finn to denote his lower status compared to Tom Sawyer. There were phrases that compared huckleberries to persimmons because persimmons were so large. A common one was "That's a huckleberry above my persimmon" which meant something was beyond your reach. Most likely "I'm your huckleberry" originally meant you were the last piece someone needed to accomplish their task (the huckleberry above their persimmon) which then lead to being 'the right man for the job', or a sidekick. That last sentence is my own conclusion, I never found a real etymologist who bridged that final gap.

368_750x750_Front_Color-White.jpg

• 8Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 8 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Resist the urge to throw up? So she's bulimic?

I used to be anorexic, but...

i-beat-anorexia-mens-t-shirt-12.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users