<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

• 9Harrow
  • 5Like
  • 3Imbecile
Reactions: 22 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Except that only adds up to 364 days. Who gives a fuck if we're aligned with the moon when this causes summer in the Northern Hemisphere to end up around January after 100ish years.

52842919.jpg

There's a 365th day at the end of the year that is a holiday and does not belong to a week or month, and a second one on leap years.

1699117811994.png

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 8 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some friends of mine and myself all went to this new restaurant on Smith Mountain Lake here in Virginia recently. When I walked in, I noticed they had a huge Anthony Bourdain abstract painting signed by AB himself. I thought it was kind of cool, but one of the girls in my group, little snobbish, but w/e, she thought it was really distasteful to have that hanging up in there. She's not the only one Ive heard to have a problem with how he took himself out. I just dont get how anyone can judge someone without ever being in their shoes, but thats just me. I enjoyed his content, even if I may have fallen into one of the groups he hated.

TonyBourdain_Full_sm_y3jeyy.jpg

Oof, this feels heavy for a FSR post, but here goes. I mean, I understand not being able to fully separate the creator from the content. There are plenty of things now that I could have enjoyed a few years ago, but that just give me an innate sense of revulsion now, basically a reverse halo effect. That's a shitty way to go through life though (undoubtedly one of the many shitty ways I go through life, even though I know better). If every aspect of someone's life has to be perfect before you can enjoy anything they created, then you never get to enjoy anything. Everyone has something revolting about them, so the only saving grace is that you might be ignorant of it. I shouldn't need to care about the shitty parts of the lives of the people who made these buildings or the photographer that took the picture. I should just be able to enjoy the work for what it is.

1699116141251.png

The most talented people sometimes get that way by either trying to avoid or trying to fix some shit they know is wrong with them. The past few years have proven to me, beyond a doubt, that people can be great at the thing they do but absolutely, unbelievably, dogshit retarded at others.

You could read Bourdain's quote as trying too hard to be wise, or you could read it as someone who has desperately tried to find ways to make their own life less shitty and is letting you know what helped a little. It's just like people that shit on anything Jordan Peterson makes because his life is apparently a fucking mess. Well that's fine, but people who aren't a mess don't spend their entire lives trying to find ways to fix them. If you choose to view such things through a lens of "it's really advice he's trying to give himself", then it makes some sense that the people who put the most effort into finding answers are the people that need them most.

(disclaimer: trying to give myself advice, since it would be nice to enjoy things again)

1699117865259.png

• 10Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 14 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Shit, I liked the guy's stuff, but no matter how together and cool someone appears, you just never know what shit they are going through. I.E. this is kind of the root of the "fuck around and find out" statement.

Fuck that pussy. He took the easy way out. Life sucks, you push through it and contribute while you are here. Especially since he had a kid. Any parent who commits suicide with kids is a bitch who should never get praise.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 141904.png

• 11Like
  • 8Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
There's a 365th day at the end of the year that is a holiday and does not belong to a week or month, and a second one on leap years.

View attachment 498827
But by adding those leapdays, we wouldn't be properly aligning ourselves to the cycles of the moon like that dumb image wanted!

I wouldn't mind this calendar except for the fact that it feels like they phoned in the names for the last two months. They really couldn't do better than "Undecember" and "Duodecember"? I think the people at the month naming institute really wanted to go on break...

Oblig
mitch-hedberg-quote-lbi2k9n.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users