Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Fedor

<Banned>
ls0cwLw.jpg

eenis_sl

shitlord
iusedtobeadinosaur - Imgur

2pZI9Tm.jpg

Still gross, look at those arms. Also uses the ever so popular 'filter wash' to hide those blemishes. Analysis complete.
Still gross, look at those arms. Also uses the ever so popular 'filter wash' to hide those blemishes. Analysis complete-Would bang. Her name would be registered on the neutral list to be forgotten to time, as we know only the names on our proud or shame list will be remembered.

rrr_img_48932.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not a comment on war. It's Marine recruitment propaganda. I like the book just fine. I've listened to it on audio book more than once. It's good. That doesn't make it not Marine recruitment propaganda.

rrr_img_48929.jpg

Jais

Trakanon Raider
So of all the armed services across time and nation that draw from the same pool of virtues, mores, customs, values, etc. Heinlein choose to write a wordy add strictly for the United States Marine Corps? I assume you have some ace in the hole in his own words?

Your branch and MOS?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What the fuck are you even talking about. Heinlein was a marine. Starship Troopers is about marines. It just is. Those are marines. The whole book glorifies being a marine to the point where it gets goddamn distracting. I'm not taking a controversial stance here.

rrr_img_48935.jpg

So unless you've seen the elephant you can't comment on war? Call John Keegan's ghost. And by your own standard, your over simplification of what you deem to be our standards is also moot. Good day Sir!
Anyone can make any comment they wish, free speech and all that! I would say he was alluding more to the fact that those people that glorify war (Pogues/Fobbits/Remf), are generally not the people who actually fight them (grunts).

I never read anything by Keegan, but according to the Wikipedia, he said of Vietnam that the "Americans were right to do it." Supporting French imperialism was the right thing to do, ehh? Fuck him.

geardo.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Heinlein was a naval officer.
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten just how absurd the whole thing was. Being told just how awesome it was to be a marine (infantry, no less) from the guy in the lily white uniform. You know what is a running theme in the different marine memories I've read? The navy treating them like shit.

rrr_img_48936.jpg

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Anyone can make any comment they wish, free speech and all that! I would say he was alluding more to the fact that those people that glorify war (Pogues/Fobbits/Remf), are generally not the people who actually fight them (grunts).

I never read anything by Keegan, but according to the Wikipedia, he said of Vietnam that the "Americans were right to do it." Supporting French imperialism was the right thing to do, ehh? Fuck him.
I certainly agree, it was Arb who pointed out that Heinlein never saw combat, and I took that as him saying that Heinlein had no place in speaking of it. I could be off.

Should read Keegan, he's pretty well regarded as the premier military historian of our times. The Face of Battle, The Mask of Command, Soldiers, A History of Men in Battle, The First World War, The Second World War and The Iraq War are the ones of his I've read. The first two are his most famous.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten just how absurd the whole thing was. Being told just how awesome it was to be a marine (infantry, no less) from the guy in the lily white uniform. You know what is a running theme in the different marine memories I've read? The navy treating them like shit.
So you were wrong when you stated Heinlein was a Marine. And also in your mind USMC = Mobile Infantry? I feel like you're confusing science fiction with non fiction, standby for a shock once you figure out the difference.

Branch and MOS? I think I can rule out USMC by your lack of capitalization of "Marines."

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, I was wrong about that detail. It's been a while since I had thought about any of this and I didn't run out to check Wikipedia before posting. Like I said, I had forgotten just how absurd the book was given Heinlein's own military background.

I'm going to say it again. Starship Troopers is about how glorious it is to be a marine. That's what the book is about. There is some fascism sprinkled in for color.

rrr_img_48938.jpg

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Alright, I was wrong about that detail. It's been a while since I had thought about any of this and I didn't run out to check Wikipedia before posting. Like I said, I had forgotten just how absurd the book was given Heinlein's own military background.

I'm going to say it again. Starship Troopers is about how glorious it is to be a marine. That's what the book is about. There is some fascism sprinkled in for color.
How is it absurd given his military background? Cause he was in the Navy? Cause he never saw combat? Do those of who have seen it have the monopoly on discussing it?

Just because you repeatedly say it doesn't make it more true. And I still don't see how you equate the Mobile Infantry the the USMC and not the ROKMC, the US Army, or the Papal gendarmes.

Actually I no longer care. I think I've made my point.

Your branch and MOS?