Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I find it fascinating given the 14 days rant and furors history, hes the guy that takes down blizzard.

Not sure if you're familiar with what Blizzard has become, but it was doing a fine job taking itself down thank you very much

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

no_friendo

<Banned>
Not sure if you're familiar with what Blizzard has become, but it was doing a fine job taking itself down thank you very much
Lol, triggered or dragging the conversation on.

Furor just graduated from spending guild plat and resources for gamer girl attention to I'm the "boss the nerds" who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me.

It's his fault for grabbing tits and ass while they pretended to enjoy it and then used it later to manipulate him and take his money.

I remember when he gave that one new chick a BoC and a full set of Rallos after power leveling her warrior. She left the guild like a month later. Him and Krozman pissed me off because they used the guild bank to pay for their whores.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I gotta give him the most props for getting to work with real Blizzard (not this shit) on making vanilla-ulduar (at least) absolutely incredible.

I saw his influence in things like Sapphiron gloves having disarm aug baked in. He had most of it as right as it could be.

I'd like to think better of him never to come back and remember where it all began (onto this newer site). If he has nothing to do otherwise I'd say there's zero chance he never browses back.

He was one of the real gaming and community enthusiasts there. Now it's just Bobby's World.
i have no doubts he came back in some form after he left, The Black Hand etc. he certainly isnt going to start posting now as Furor or any other name we would recognize. litigation is pending. if we're all still around in a few years we may see him once again.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol, triggered or dragging the conversation on.

Furor just graduated from spending guild plat and resources for gamer girl attention to I'm the "boss the nerds" who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me.

It's his fault for grabbing tits and ass while they pretended to enjoy it and then used it later to manipulate him and take his money.

I remember when he gave that one new chick a BoC and a full set of Rallos after power leveling her warrior. She left the guild like a month later. Him and Krozman pissed me off because they used the guild bank to pay for their whores.

Yeah, Blizzard's been killing it with shit like Warcraft 3 reforged, Diablo Immortal, and whatever the fuck wow is nowadays.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ngruk and Furor, 2 names that live in infamy here at FoH. 😉

• 1Worf

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Are you Furor?

An illusion? What are you hiding?

Serious question. Specifically, this line:

"...who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me."

Not a new account. 4 posts, 3 of which are recent.
I think it's possible Furor could walk among us in disguise, and this kind of talk is the exact kind of shit he'd say back in the day - and no matter how much you fake it, you'd still have old habits that die hard. Same with ol' Jeff Tigole Bitties. I don't see that slipup as a coincidence.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Moron

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I find it fascinating given the 14 days rant and furors history, hes the guy that takes down blizzard.

Also fascinating and ironic that his rant was basically wrong. He was ranting about mechanics he didn't understand. That isn't how the PoT entrance phase worked at all.

As a senior designer at SOE I was making $80k per year, with royalties and ship bonuses bumping that to about $110k per year. This was in 2014/15 before I left the games industry. Programmers made a lot more than designers did at SOE.

As for interview process at game companies.. everyone is doing extensive interviews these days. When I was interviewing in mid-2020, I was getting 3+ interviews at least.. a phone screen, a short interview with the hiring manager, and a 2+ hour interview with the team itself. This was true for Sony Playstation, Blizzard, and Bungie.. All 3 companies were talking to me about minimum $130k per year. Ultimately, I chose to stay in the UAV business because I got an offer from the same company my father worked at for nearly 4 decades, they offered me $155k, and the office was only 5 minutes from my house.

• 3Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I hear alex once dated a blond megan fox of ohio who later turned prostitute, a night to remember, [email protected] - something-something. Would be a shame if that somehow surfaced.
Wait you mean like if someone posted on wow forums that Alex was hooking up with the Megan fox of Ohio?

That would sure turn into an interesting scandal! Wait till they hear about the Xbox’s and pain pills.

oof

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Also fascinating and ironic that his rant was basically wrong. He was ranting about mechanics he didn't understand. That isn't how the PoT entrance phase worked at all.
Yeah I remember laughing when we found out it was 3 groups of eighteen instead, he bitched so fast and didn’t try hard enough to figure it out.

It was still a shitty design though. Went from needing a huge amount for rathe to needing three very evenly balanced groups of 18. I was in the top guild on my server but we were fairly small compared to other server top guilds. Trying to balance three groups when you have a small amount to pick from was almost guild breaking. We were calling raids off so much due to not having the right class mix we eventually just started farming the trials in off hours with whoever was on, doing one trial at a time with like 15 people til we started getting gear from it and showing people we could beat it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I remember laughing when we found out it was 3 groups of eighteen instead, he bitched so fast and didn’t try hard enough to figure it out.

It was still a shitty design though. Went from needing a huge amount for rathe to needing three very evenly balanced groups of 18. I was in the top guild on my server but we were fairly small compared to other server top guilds. Trying to balance three groups when you have a small amount to pick from was almost guild breaking. We were calling raids off so much due to not having the right class mix we eventually just started farming the trials in off hours with whoever was on, doing one trial at a time with like 15 people til we started getting gear from it and showing people we could beat it.
we somehow did it, but it was a clusterfuck of miscommunication. no surprise a lot of us ubers noped out of this game after PoP. i think that was the intention. they didnt like the hardcore raiders burning through entire expansion in 3 months and farming magelo profiles til the next expansion. probably because the end game wasnt finished and they would have to roadblock us til it was done. they did that in velius with the sleeper's tomb revamp. they did it in luclin with DT emp ssra+endless rare key piece farming, they did it in PoP with Rahe Council and they did it with the silly expansion afterward til i quit.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

lol what a simp

no_friendo

<Banned>
Are you Furor?

An illusion? What are you hiding?

Serious question. Specifically, this line:

"...who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me."

Not a new account. 4 posts, 3 of which are recent.
I think it's possible Furor could walk among us in disguise, and this kind of talk is the exact kind of shit he'd say back in the day - and no matter how much you fake it, you'd still have old habits that die hard. Same with ol' Jeff Tigole Bitties. I don't see that slipup as a coincidence.
Don't bust a nut just yet.

I should've put it like this but I don't like editing posts.

(Furor just graduated from spending guild plat and resources for gamer girl attention to, "I'm the boss of the nerds who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me." ).

I'm just an officer's kid who raided with you guys and didn't say much so I wouldn't get kicked.

If you ask me FoH started going downhill when "people I won't name" started cutting deals with IGE; Selling duped plat and WoW gold for USD. It inflated their ego beyond comprehension and now here we are.. Watching Furor and Tigole go down in flames because they couldn't handle keep their dick under control.

• 1GreNeg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't bust a nut just yet.

I should've put it like this but I don't like editing posts.

(Furor just graduated from spending guild plat and resources for gamer girl attention to, "I'm the boss of the nerds who hires people depending on how much gratification they give me." ).

I'm just an officer's kid who raided with you guys and didn't say much so I wouldn't get kicked.

If you ask me FoH started going downhill when "people I won't name" started cutting deals with IGE; Selling duped plat and WoW gold for USD. It inflated their ego beyond comprehension and now here we are.. Watching Furor and Tigole go down in flames because they couldn't handle keep their dick under control.
I'm sure FoH had the same problems as everyone else in raiding guilds. people stopped giving a fuck anymore. that happens when you are just going through the motions because there isnt anything else to do. WoW came along at the right time so people bailed. or maybe the right time would have been Luclin , a year earlier. same shit was going on but there was no alternative then. i came back to EQ 2 years ago, but i no longer have the stomach for raiding and maybe neither does anyone else. most raiding guilds only raid 3 days of a week now. during its heyday, we were out there 7 days a week to own shit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't even imagine raiding 3 nights a week now. What a colossal fucking waste of time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I can't even imagine raiding 3 nights a week now. What a colossal fucking waste of time.

Everquest seriously fucked my gaming life because of this. I don't play MMOs that require any kind of guild commitment whatsoever, simply because I feel so much guilt not showing up for raids, which is a result of being an everquest cleric. The idea that I would have to go out and do something and not raid calling a raid off because thye are 1 cleric short made me full of fucking guilt. lol.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

I just got so fucking bored of raiding. EQ1 with its endless trash clears, which became even more boring when I wasn't even doing the pulls anymore. Then a brain dead gear check bosses. 15+ hour raid marathons because of bullshit design in some spots.

Then WoW came out and gave it a go again. Made it until Naxx, got sick of the same shit and boring trash clears, got benched by my guild in WoW after I publicly mentioned this fact, then I just stopped caring anymore and went full casual. I don't even like to do savage trials in FFXIV. And the short time I spent in Eureka gave me such EQ1 PTSD than I noped the fuck out of there and have never returned.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Everquest seriously fucked my gaming life because of this. I don't play MMOs that require any kind of guild commitment whatsoever, simply because I feel so much guilt not showing up for raids, which is a result of being an everquest cleric. The idea that I would have to go out and do something and not raid calling a raid off because thye are 1 cleric short made me full of fucking guilt. lol.
for most of my raiding career, not all of it, but 85% of the raids, it was just me buffing guildies, debuffing mobs. rebuffing and re debuffing. we had like 5 shaman in the guild, but very few logged in because the buff and debuff backlog was insane, not to mention dying myself and then getting tells, "hey i need buffs" "buff me! " "i need buffs." "where are you? buff me!" while I'm sitting in Nexus or PoK trying to tell 30+ people that i cant buff them because i'm fucking dead. but that didnt bother me that bad. that was my job, its why i picked the character, i was actually passionate about my role and all my homies let me have pick of any loot i wanted and even with DKP. i was at every raid so i had endless amount of coin. that kept me going for a long time. finally we got new shamans who actually logged in for raids and stayed for the entire raid, it made it easier for me to retire and fade away, which i have done so.

when i log in now its on alts and when people find out, oh shit its chuk? log in your shaman we need you at our raids! and if i tell them my shaman is only 85 they say no problem we will powerlevel you to 115 in a few days and then you can raid with us, ok? i tell them sorry. Chuk is retired. i actually did join the top raiding guild on the server on my ranger alt, i thought i would be interested in just doing my sniper thing. rangers are fucking insane DPS now. i can do 4million point headshots. but nah, raiding still sucks and i dont want it. i rather enjoy blowing shit up on my own and selling rare loots or just helping low level players out. something i enjoyed doing before i became an uber shaman.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I just got so fucking bored of raiding. EQ1 with its endless trash clears, which became even more boring when I wasn't even doing the pulls anymore. Then a brain dead gear check bosses. 15+ hour raid marathons because of bullshit design in some spots.

Then WoW came out and gave it a go again. Made it until Naxx, got sick of the same shit and boring trash clears, got benched by my guild in WoW after I publicly mentioned this fact, then I just stopped caring anymore and went full casual. I don't even like to do savage trials in FFXIV. And the short time I spent in Eureka gave me such EQ1 PTSD than I noped the fuck out of there and have never returned.
I got so sick of all the guild drama; all the stupid server interguild fights and then the countless hours of required raiding. And this was all in Velious and the next couple of expansions. I know even before PoP (by the time we went to the moon, before we finished that expansion) I was done. I moved to much smaller friendship guild. and then in 2004 we moved over to EQ2, and then the next year I spent a year-ish in WoW solo. I have mostly avoided guilds, except for Marvel Heroes (Goons 2012) or ESO (geez, I can't remember the name, 2015). Fake Edit: Goonfleet, I almost forgot about Eve but that was later 2010-12?.

Eve Aside: I know I was still dabbling when what's his name was killed in Benghazi. I never did many fleet ops, though, and made some hilarious mistakes when I did. I got podded in one and found out what I thought was an up-to-date clone actually wasn't; that cost me like 600,000 skill points; I left the character re-training Battleship V and never went back. Between the stupid mistake that got me killed, losing my favorite Battleship and the SP, it took the wind out of my Eve sails. Something else came out/I had a big work thing and I just never got back into it.

I don't think I finished the key for Emp Ssrssra or whatever. Never in FoH, I was on Prexus when it launched new in June of 99 but I mained a druid then PLed a cleric up for raiding, and then a rogue because I got sick of the CH rotation. So many hours for what was really nothing. I just burned out of it; It's very much like what I do for a living, in a certain kind of way. Not different enough that I enjoy it as a fun activity as well.

Wow, this is almost so much TMI, I need to message Ut to consult him on how to wrap this up.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
for most of my raiding career, not all of it, but 85% of the raids, it was just me buffing guildies, debuffing mobs. rebuffing and re debuffing. we had like 5 shaman in the guild, but very few logged in because the buff and debuff backlog was insane, not to mention dying myself and then getting tells, "hey i need buffs" "buff me! " "i need buffs." "where are you? buff me!" while I'm sitting in Nexus or PoK trying to tell 30+ people that i cant buff them because i'm fucking dead. but that didnt bother me that bad. that was my job, its why i picked the character, i was actually passionate about my role and all my homies let me have pick of any loot i wanted and even with DKP. i was at every raid so i had endless amount of coin. that kept me going for a long time. finally we got new shamans who actually logged in for raids and stayed for the entire raid, it made it easier for me to retire and fade away, which i have done so.

when i log in now its on alts and when people find out, oh shit its chuk? log in your shaman we need you at our raids! and if i tell them my shaman is only 85 they say no problem we will powerlevel you to 115 in a few days and then you can raid with us, ok? i tell them sorry. Chuk is retired. i actually did join the top raiding guild on the server on my ranger alt, i thought i would be interested in just doing my sniper thing. rangers are fucking insane DPS now. i can do 4million point headshots. but nah, raiding still sucks and i dont want it. i rather enjoy blowing shit up on my own and selling rare loots or just helping low level players out. something i enjoyed doing before i became an uber shaman.
What server did you play on?